Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Another pic. It wouldn't let me add it to the previous post. There's still a rope hanging.

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1376858513189.jpg

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

Looks  like a bad area....

I got a feeling the sites history went something like:

Concret wall should keep the creeps out...

ok add a 8 foot high fence on top of the wall that should do it...

ok add some barbed wall at the top.

What just popped into mind for some reason is what they did at KLKC out in lil old Parsons Kansas to keep people out of the transmitter building. hehehe... They bought the biggest dog bowl they could find at Walmart and put it by the door. They didn't have a dog, just the bowl. Urban site security versus rural. :P

• Like 1

Looks  like a bad area....

I got a feeling the sites history went something like:

Concret wall should keep the creeps out...

ok add a 8 foot high fence on top of the wall that should do it...

ok add some barbed wall at the top.

What just popped into mind for some reason is what they did at KLKC out in lil old Parsons Kansas to keep people out of the transmitter building. hehehe... They bought the biggest dog bowl they could find at Walmart and put it by the door. They didn't have a dog, just the bowl. Urban site security versus rural. :P

Haha its actually a pretty decent area....but that's where they used to have Wet Willy's at (water slide park).  It closed up quite a few years back and it's up a long semi hidden entrance way so some kids have vandalized it.

The water slides have been vandalized pretty badly too :(

WetWillys-6-20-2008-26.jpg

• Like 1

Haha its actually a pretty decent area....but that's where they used to have Wet Willy's at (water slide park). It closed up quite a few years back and it's up a long semi hidden entrance way so some kids have vandalized it.

The water slides have been vandalized pretty badly too :(

WetWillys-6-20-2008-26.jpg

Oh yea they vandalized that years ago. I moved to that area right after they closed Wet Willys. Wish I would have gotten to go to it before the closed it. Though I heard they used hot water and potato sacks for the slides.

I think 3g is off at 141/44 site as well as that's the tower I am usually connected to at work for 3g but SignalCheck Pro is giving me a Valley Park location today for 3G and the Ballwin site for 4G which I normally get on the 3rd floor of Maritz

Sent from my HTC One on Tapatalk Beta 4

Picked up SCID 102 this morning as I was approaching 367 and Chambers from the north.  Signal strength got as high as -70ish.  Grabbed a quick screenshot.  I figured the site on top of the apartment building there was active.  I thought I'd just swing around the building, confirm that the SCID changes appropriately, and log another active site.  However, my signal went away, never to return.  Maybe it's in "donut mode."  Or maybe they just saw me coming as switched it off.

OccVLDk.png

Picked up SCID 102 this morning as I was approaching 367 and Chambers from the north.  Signal strength got as high as -70ish.  Grabbed a quick screenshot.  I figured the site on top of the apartment building there was active.  I thought I'd just swing around the building, confirm that the SCID changes appropriately, and log another active site.  However, my signal went away, never to return.  Maybe it's in "donut mode."  Or maybe they just saw me coming as switched it off.

OccVLDk.png

Could be parker and 367?

Going back to the Wet Willy's site topic......I did a Google Image search and there are some pretty "interesting" graffiti pieces on the slides.

There are some videos on youtube as well.

Wish I knew what was going on at the cottleville 3g site. 2 white pickups and a white trailer there and couple guys doing something.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

Wish I knew what was going on at the cottleville 3g site. 2 white pickups and a white trailer there and couple guys doing something.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

Hopfully hooking up the fiber, signing off on it and flipping the dang switch!

• Like 1

As I expected, they are up in the Wet Willy's site working again today.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

I'm back on 3g on that site now earlier was picking up the site from the other side of the river in Valley Park instead

Sent from my HTC One on Tapatalk Beta 4