Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Nice! What area is this

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

Metro east. No CSFB with B26 yet... I had to use the .15 radio on my Nexus 5 to connect.

EDIT: More specifically there is B26 in Fairview, Swansea, Shiloh, and O'Fallon.

I would assume that they'd do it the same way as they did Chicago. As a completely separate 5x5 carrier, due to the spectrum not being continuous.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

This is correct. The spectrum isn't contiguous, and will be a separate 5x5 carrier. It just started popping up recently in Chicago, and the gci's are different (makes it easier to spot). St. Louis was part of that deal, and should begin reaping the benefits shortly.

This is correct. The spectrum isn't contiguous, and will be a separate 5x5 carrier. It just started popping up recently in Chicago, and the gci's are different (makes it easier to spot). St. Louis was part of that deal, and should begin reaping the benefits shortly.

If I remember, the chunk of spectrum from the St. Louis BTA/MTA(?) wasn't as large as the one for the Chicago area, so it may not be able to be used for LTE, rather repurposed for 1x/EVDO relief. Though I don't know any of that for sure.

If I remember, the chunk of spectrum from the St. Louis BTA/MTA(?) wasn't as large as the one for the Chicago area, so it may not be able to be used for LTE, rather repurposed for 1x/EVDO relief. Though I don't know any of that for sure.

AJ wrote a great article detailing all of this spectrum acquisition. I only partially understand spectrum, but this article is chocked full of numbers and information

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-334-updated-sprint-uscc-spectrum-deal-sprint-gets-20-mhz-broader-in-the-city-of-broad-shoulders/

AJ wrote a great article detailing all of this spectrum acquisition. I only partially understand spectrum, but this article is chocked full of numbers and information

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-334-updated-sprint-uscc-spectrum-deal-sprint-gets-20-mhz-broader-in-the-city-of-broad-shoulders/

I knew I saw this somewhere I was searching google lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So the Chicago area got 20MHz, whereas St. Louis only got 10MHz.

Obviously 10MHz of the spectrum transferred in Chicago is being used for LTE, with the other 10 being used for 1x/EVDO. I would bet the 10MHz the St. Louis area got is being put towards 1x/EVDO rather than LTE at this point. But that's only speculation. 

• Like 1

The 438 PN has been constant on the tower that's broadcasting 1x 800 to my house. I haven't seen the 441 PN since the time I took the screenshot.

The 438 PN has been constant on the tower that's broadcasting 1x 800 to my house. I haven't seen the 441 PN since the time I took the screenshot.

438 and 441 are different sectors of the same site.

Does anyone in SEMO area or St. Clair County, Illinois (and south of there) still lurk here?

I'm still around. Just haven't had any reason to say anything still.

Something seems off about this BSL I should be on the Gravois Bluffs Fenton, MO tower based on the signal and I was at the Gravois Bluffs & 141 traffic light

pugara8u.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

My HK One came in yesterday.

I picked up b41 arnold/richardson rd, and on 270 all the way between manchester and olive.

If the nexus 5 spark update works half as well as the HK One, its going to be hella awesome.

at home and at work I am pulling around an -106 to -111 B41 and getting 20meg down .5 meg up.

You still have an iPhone 5 or did you get a 5s?

A 5. I've been carrying a nexus 5 for months but had to send it in because of camera issues. Forgot to take out the sim before sending it off so I haven't been able to use the new one. Don't think I will be anyway. The iphone holds on to what little lte I see much better than the nexus.

A 5. I've been carrying a nexus 5 for months but had to send it in because of camera issues. Forgot to take out the sim before sending it off so I haven't been able to use the new one. Don't think I will be anyway. The iphone holds on to what little lte I see much better than the nexus.

Hmmm.... that's contrary to every single other report any Nexus user has given. The N5 is the best performing RF device on the Sprint market right now, especially if you flash the .17 or .15 radios. (The .15 might even have some surprises with it).

• Like 2

Hmmm.... that's contrary to every single other report any Nexus user has given. The N5 is the best performing RF device on the Sprint market right now, especially if you flash the .17 or .15 radios. (The .15 might even have some surprises with it).

He's probably in a heavy ecsfb issue area.

Yeah, that's exactly why I bought one. I thought it would be better, but after switching back I'm seeing much better results. What's really upsetting is that 2/3 of the equipment upgraded towers in my city still are only 3G. Frustrating because it's been close to a year.

I don't think csfb is the only cause.  I'm sure it isn't a conspiracy but the .23 radios on the N5 seem to be keeping everyone from connecting to much of the upgraded equipment out there.  Since I down graded my radios to .15 I'm now able to grab and hold LTE signal far longer than ever before.  Definitely a problem with software not hardware.

I don't have trouble on the .23 radio...I get LTE every place I know I'm supposed to(excluding areas with csfb/ecsfb issues).

I don't have trouble on the .23 radio...I get LTE every place I know I'm supposed to(excluding areas with csfb/ecsfb issues).

As Dkoellerwx said a few posts before and what I am now experiencing you might be surprised what you are missing with .23

As Dkoellerwx said a few posts before and what I am now experiencing you might be surprised what you are missing with .23

I've used .15 and .17 before, I'm just sticking as close to stock as possible so updating is as easy as possible. I live in a very rural area so no b41 for me, no b26 sightings as of yet. I just found the first 1x800 last week.

On that note the tower in gray summit is broadcasting 1x800. I couldn't get a screenshot because my n5 kept dropping 800 for PCS.