Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

I doubt there is just a switch to be flipped otherwise it would have been done already if it was that easy. 

Metaphorical switch, lol. Most of our "red sticks" are only like that for a week or so.

I meant the dark purple sensorly blips there....must be a GNex picking up Weldon or Cottleville.

I meant the dark purple sensorly blips there....must be a GNex picking up Weldon or Cottleville.

Oh duh. Yes. Someone needs a chair thrown at them. I have a GNex but I assure you you will find no trace of Sensorly on my phone.

You should get one - the steps were detailed on how to get the free hotspot... I wish there were 1GB plans... but I'm sure I can burn through 3GB/mo easy.

Wait, free? What? Where was this detailed?

Oh duh. Yes. Someone needs a chair thrown at them. I have a GNex but I assure you you will find no trace of Sensorly on my phone.

Good..  I wish they would just ignore points from GNex phones.  Not point in mapping anywhere as there is no way you can be 100% sure the signal is 4 sensorly bars there.  I've got a site where you have to be about 100 yards from it to get dark purple.  No idea why they did it like that, but I guess it is another site they screwed up and left it with no coverage.  Seems like such a waste for $$$ a month for that fiber connection as it covers a few houses and buildings and thats about it.

I ate at Popeye's near ther and the WalMart and no LTE for me either.Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I ate at Popeye's near ther and the WalMart and no LTE for me either.Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I wish that Long John Silvers was still there by that Popeye's

Good..  I wish they would just ignore points from GNex phones.  Not point in mapping anywhere as there is no way you can be 100% sure the signal is 4 sensorly bars there.  I've got a site where you have to be about 100 yards from it to get dark purple.  No idea why they did it like that, but I guess it is another site they screwed up and left it with no coverage.  Seems like such a waste for $$$ a month for that fiber connection as it covers a few houses and buildings and thats about it.

Yea the STL area is going to be all purple before long and we won't really have as much LTE as the map says. This person or persons needs to be sent a cease and cut it out

Wait, they accept 4G if backhaul is not yet installed?

That wouldn't surprise me with whoever is doing our acceptances in this Ericsson market. The same probably happens. Sites have stayed red sticked for months. I know there is supposed to be QC crew but I doubt they even get out of the truck. All the nature of the beast with the speed required means you will take any crew you can get. No matter the quality of work. It is easy to see the different crews between sites as some are great and some are absolutely horrible and make you want legacy back.

Wait, free? What? Where was this detailed?

There were links & instructions in the TD-LTE thread Robert started. Mine just shipped...

There were links & instructions in the TD-LTE thread Robert started. Mine just shipped...

Ya just go to wirefly select replacement, no contract, sprint, and free. You can order up to two free.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Ya just go to wirefly select replacement, no contract, sprint, and free. You can order up to two free.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Mine will be here Friday. :)

So they just giving out free hotspots to anyone who orders one?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4306-sprint-tri-band-hotspots-discussions/

results are mixed, some are getting cancelled, others are being shipped.

better to continue any further discussion in the recently split off thread.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4306-sprint-tri-band-hotspots-discussions/

results are mixed, some are getting cancelled, others are being shipped.

better to continue any further discussion in the recently split off thread.

Ok, sorry. Just seemed a little too good to be true to me, so that's why I questioned it.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

yes the device is free.

You still have to activate it with a sprint plan to use it, either a month to month plan or contract.

wirefly.com > phones & devices > hotspots > select mifi500 > select replacement device

if you want to see what plans are available, select new account and 'change this plan' near the add to cart button.

the only month to month plan listed is 3 gig.

Wait so this thing is completely free and I don't need to add a line/plan for it? I don't think I completely understand how this works.

Too good to be true. It can't have the same catches as the airrave......none.

yes the device is free.

You still have to activate it with a sprint plan to use it, either a month to month plan or contract.

wirefly.com > phones & devices > hotspots > select mifi500 > select replacement device

if you want to see what plans are available, select new account and 'change this plan' near the add to cart button.

the only month to month plan listed is 3 gig.

Ah ok...

Had something weird happen today, was scouting for towers, didn't find much.

BUT...

Had a weird ping from SignalCheck while on I-44 west of town this evening. Hit a blip of LTE from somewhere.... no idea where it came from. Phone never actually said 4G, but being the HTC ONE, it held the signal information long enough for me to get a screen shot. not sure what it means.

2013-07-24%2020.44.48.png

spot.png

Been studying the STL portion of the map all night watching for new blips that shouldn't be.....

So how do you watch for things you hear? ;)

I believe Sensorly calls these magical purple objects on the map "points" which is what they are in the GIS world.  Every time I speed read through this threa and I catch the word blip, I instantly picture you guys searching with metal detectors with big headphones on at the beach telling the hot chicks to move from their spot.

My GIS background is getting to me...

So how do you watch for things you hear? ;)

I believe Sensorly calls these magical purple objects on the map "points" which is what they are in the GIS world.  Every time I speed read through this threa and I catch the word blip, I instantly picture you guys searching with metal detectors with big headphones on at the beach telling the hot chicks to move from their spot.

My GIS background is getting to me...

Tell Merriam-Webster that....

Definition of BLIP
: a trace on a display screen (as an oscilloscope); especially :a spot on a radar screen