Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Didn't you mention earlier that there was one in/near Vinita Park near the Rock Road too?

Yes, that one is in progress per permit. There are 4 or 5 sites that are in the immediate area of Rock Road/170.

• Like 1

Not sure if anyone ever verified New Halls Ferry and Lucas & Hunt. There was some Sensory around there before, but I think it was from another site. Anyway it's live now. Sensory mapped. SCIDs: 106 - 275 - 444.

• Like 1

I don't think any of that is from Weldon. The purple gets darker as it goes east. More like its from the Ballwin site.

Apparently it is Weldon Spring. Got LTE there again today and it had the same info in field test mode that I got earlier this week.

Physical Cell ID 283

Cell Identity 90230018

Sprint won't say and of course the "enlightened" will always say "it will be better soon" but I have stuck with Sprint for years and I'm tired of not having reliable or even decent 3G let alone LTE in the majority of my weekly travels (i.e. Bethalto, IL, Edwardsville, IL, Rogersville, MO and points in between).

Does anyone have a clue when St Louis will launch let alone Springfield, MO?  The really sad part is that I want to support Sprint because of "unlimited date" but something I read very recently made me laugh because of how true it is.  "Sprint. All you can eat rice.  One grain at a time".  What I've described to people is "Sprint.  Unlimited of zero data is still zero".  I'm frustrated that the tower in Bethalto, IL has been upgraded for several months and dark the entire time.  During my drives home I get brief glimpses of LTE only to drop seconds later.  Hell, during a trip to KC several weeks ago I had to laugh I wasn't getting LTE when I drove around the Sprint campus.

Help a fella out.  Sorry for the rant but I'm frustrated

Apparently it is Weldon Spring. Got LTE there again today and it had the same info in field test mode that I got earlier this week.Physical Cell ID 283Cell Identity 90230018

Just seeing who's paying attention

Sprint won't say and of course the "enlightened" will always say "it will be better soon" but I have stuck with Sprint for years and I'm tired of not having reliable or even decent 3G let alone LTE in the majority of my weekly travels (i.e. Bethalto, IL, Edwardsville, IL, Rogersville, MO and points in between).

Does anyone have a clue when St Louis will launch let alone Springfield, MO?  The really sad part is that I want to support Sprint because of "unlimited date" but something I read very recently made me laugh because of how true it is.  "Sprint. All you can eat rice.  One grain at a time".  What I've described to people is "Sprint.  Unlimited of zero data is still zero".  I'm frustrated that the tower in Bethalto, IL has been upgraded for several months and dark the entire time.  During my drives home I get brief glimpses of LTE only to drop seconds later.  Hell, during a trip to KC several weeks ago I had to laugh I wasn't getting LTE when I drove around the Sprint campus.

I totally understand your rant. I left my unlimited data plan with AT&T and went to Sprint because I was sick and tired of the sluggish AT&T HSPA network. I had a rude awakening when I fired up a speedtest about 19 months ago and couldn't crack 20kbps in downtown STL on "the now network."

So, even though I have a generous AT&T discount through work, I'm sticking with Sprint for a few reasons:

1. Network Vision just got a serious cash infusion with the SoftBank purchase of Sprint.
  2. I can see the progress being made, and know that STL will be pretty well covered by the end of the year - at least the major parts. Outlying areas in the metro east may take a little longer, but the foundation will be laid.
  3. Tri-band is going to be sick.
  4. TD-LTE is going to be pretty awesome. You probably won't get speeds that good on VZW or AT&T when the rollout is complete. Those networks are pretty congested - especially VZW - and the duopoly will need to invest a ton in equipment upgrades to play catch up.
  5. Network Vision is a complete overhaul of the Sprint Network. So, if you think it sucks now, it's got nowhere to go but up, right?

I dunno. I have a lot of faith in Sprint now - especially after the SoftBank acquisition.

Regulars in this thread -- care to chime in?

• Like 1

Have you gone to Sensorly and checked out where we already have LTE in St Louis?http://www.sensorly.com/map/4G/US/USA/Sprint/lte_310sprint

I'm no one can give you more than a educated guess on when STL will "Launch" but that's just a word. It happens when maybe 50 of the towers in the whole market are done. Sometimes less. That could be the end of the year, but I think you will start to see real improvements very soon. They have been working around here maybe 2 months and the LTE coverage has really picked up the last month. Heck I should even get LTE at work in August most of the work is done on that tower and good coverage  its about 2 miles from where I work and 5 from where I live. Keep reading here and look for talk about the areas you frequent and you will know as soon as anyone. 

Just seeing who's paying attention

I had LTE most of the way from 94/64 to the Galaxy 14 movie. The sector that almost reaches work was better but the other one on the way gave much better download speed.

I totally understand your frustration. I know STL will soon be lit up pretty good. My biggest concern is this part of America is pretty rural between the big cities, what kind of coverage will Sprint have away from these metro areas? 

I am going to stick with Sprint - for now, but they better bring better coverage. As you said, what good is "unlimited data" when you can't access it?

I totally understand your rant. I left my unlimited data plan with AT&T and went to Sprint because I was sick and tired of the sluggish AT&T HSPA network. I had a rude awakening when I fired up a speedtest about 19 months ago and couldn't crack 20kbps in downtown STL on "the now network."

So, even though I have a generous AT&T discount through work, I'm sticking with Sprint for a few reasons:

1. Network Vision just got a serious cash infusion with the SoftBank purchase of Sprint.
  2. I can see the progress being made, and know that STL will be pretty well covered by the end of the year - at least the major parts. Outlying areas in the metro east may take a little longer, but the foundation will be laid.
  3. Tri-band is going to be sick.
  4. TD-LTE is going to be pretty awesome. You probably won't get speeds that good on VZW or AT&T when the rollout is complete. Those networks are pretty congested - especially VZW - and the duopoly will need to invest a ton in equipment upgrades to play catch up.
  5. Network Vision is a complete overhaul of the Sprint Network. So, if you think it sucks now, it's got nowhere to go but up, right?

I dunno. I have a lot of faith in Sprint now - especially after the SoftBank acquisition.

Regulars in this thread -- care to chime in?

What he said, plus I like Sprints customer service....if you have a problem you get a bill credit....

What he said, plus I like Sprints customer service....if you have a problem you get a bill credit....

Even before the bill credits... the customer service at Sprint will do whatever they can to make you happy. You don't get that with many large corporations nowadays.

I can tell you that when there is LTE spotted anywhere within Madison, Jersey, Macoupin, or St. Clair counties this board will be the first to know. Just the fact that Bethalto, Alton, Godfrey, Rosewood Heights, Jerseyville, Delhi, Edwardsville, Granite, Collinsville, Belleville, Millstadt, O'fallon(IL), East St. Louis etc having work completed just not turned on is saying a lot. Honestly when this whole thing is done...including NV 2.0(800LTE, 2500LTE, 800CDMA, etc) Sprint will be a true leader in the wireless industry and to top it off, will be the only one offering unlimited data.

Also a note on Bethalto, after it was completed there was still a loop of line hanging from the telephone pole outside the fence. As of yesterday that line is no longer hanging and is running to the conduit. 

Also, David will probably the one to talk to about Springfield region.

Not sure if anyone ever verified New Halls Ferry and Lucas & Hunt. There was some Sensory around there before, but I think it was from another site. Anyway it's live now. Sensory mapped. SCIDs: 106 - 275 - 444.

Thanks for grabbing 3 digit SCID. Still needed that one....

• Like 1

Even before the bill credits... the customer service at Sprint will do whatever they can to make you happy. You don't get that with many large corporations nowadays.

Just like tonight....since i had to wait 3 hours to pick up my wife's replacement GNex they waived the $50 fee.

There is a new dark purple strip at 170 and Rock Road.

Edit: Also near 270 and 55/70 in Illinois. And all around town in Troy. All light purple and could be the St. Jacob site but you never know.

I think most of this has been addressed...

As to Springfield. I feel your pain. I spent a couple hours at the Sprint store on Monday when I added two lines to my account, talked for a good bit about LTE. He already knew about the towers active east on Hwy 60, also knew that equipment was installed to the north on Hwy 13 and Hwy 65, so was in the know more than some employees. He said that they were being told LTE would be active by the end of the year. That they weren't being told anything more specific than that. I know it's not encouraging, but I'm seeing more and more towers on the outskirts of town getting work. Still waiting to see anything in town. We know that three towers in town have work permits issued, but so far haven't seen any movement at the towers themselves. 

There is a new dark purple strip at 170 and Rock Road. Edit: Also near 270 and 55/70 in Illinois. And all around town in Troy. All light purple and could be the St. Jacob site but you never know.

See if that is really real 4G at 170 and the Rock Rd I'm done with this GNex.....