Network Vision/LTE - Boston Market (all of Massachusetts)

brendan4t

I wonder how long its going to take to catch up with the boys out east.. Starting to really second guess myself now that everyone else has again jumped ahead...

Our "new" network will just be "catching up"  once again  smh....

Supposedly all of MA is going to be completed in September? Do you think it will really include Berkshire County?

For phase1 right?

I would assume so. I'm not sure...it just says "completion" in September.

Boston

NV Sites Accepted = 97%

LTE Sites Accepted = 81%

LTE Launched = January 28, 2013 (Cape Cod launched 9/24/2012, New Bedford/Fall River 10/22/2012, Peabody 11/26/2012)

Original Scheduled Completion = February 2013

Current Production Rate Completion = September 2014

I would assume so. I'm not sure...it just says "completion" in September.

Completion is referred to conversion of legacy sites to Network Vision. This includes LTE hardware. However, LTE coming online at a site is dependent on the new high speed backhaul arriving and being punched down and toned out. That date is highly variable at each site depending on the backhaul vendor and how far along with their fiber upgrades and connections in the area of that site.

Could be days after NV conversion, weeks, months. And in a few cases, it's been years. But that's extreme.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Caught my first glimpse of Band 41 today! I was on 495 in the Lowell/Tewksbury area. Since I was driving, I didn't have a chance to do anything with it besides confirm SignalCheck and my N5's engineering screens were correct. Only connected to one site and then was bumped back to B25 as I went out of range. Excited to finally see a live signal in the wild, hope it spreads quickly!

-Mike

• Like 3

Found some b26 in Worcester on Amtrak this afternoon. 15b1c7d46b9bdeb7d291a44ffeeeccdf.jpg

Was out on the cape all weekend, lots of b25, lots of 1x800 (hell, that was where I idled right as soon as I hit the mass pike from NY), good to see network improvements in place!

How the hell is this possible without b41? Central square Cambridge Starbucks which also has b41 tower somewhere. 60f0e30b633f1b5f9a0a39303b834726.jpg

I'm sorry, but we are going to have to remove your posts if you keep complaining.  Complaining about high speeds, that is!

:roflmao:

Robert

• Like 3

They've got Band 41 fired up in Copley Square. 30 mbps down and 10 mbps up! This used to be a pretty badly congested area.

B25 is beyond cooked in Copley Square.  B41 has been a savior.

The last issue has been Prudential Center... it's still rockin' 3G which is really odd.  Not sure if it is a DAS issue or what.

I got B26 in a basement lab at M.I.T. (77 Mass. Ave.) -- almost forgot to pay attention to the robotic cheetah I was there to see.  I did a speed test, but now I can't find it -- it was definitely faster than regular EVDO.

They were working on my tower today. Crew from Vermont doing 12+ hrs a day. He said they will be finished by tomorrow afternoon.. They were adding a second panel/antenna to each rack. The tower doesn't broadcast lte, he was explaining that this was the 2.5 upgrade??? What is the 2.5 upgrade?

He did say once they complete the job the tower will broadcast LTE. Do these panels do 1900/800lte?

There was a big dark gray box in between the new and old panels which he said was new too. I thought a complete build was 3 panels?? According to him the new panels are 4ft long. I apologize for not having pictures but the damn thing is so high the n5 couldn't zoom anything worth showing.

IMG_20140903_214729.jpg

They were working on my tower today. Crew from Vermont doing 12+ hrs a day. He said they will be finished by tomorrow afternoon.. They were adding a second panel/antenna to each rack. The tower doesn't broadcast lte, he was explaining that this was the 2.5 upgrade??? What is the 2.5 upgrade?

As long as they were definitely talking about Sprint, "2.5 upgrade" is referring to 2.5 GHz, aka 2500 MHz, aka LTE band 41, aka Spark. The new equipment should handle all three LTE bands.

-Mike

• Like 1

As long as they were definitely talking about Sprint, "2.5 upgrade" is referring to 2.5 GHz, aka 2500 MHz, aka LTE band 41, aka Spark. The new equipment should handle all three LTE bands.

-Mike

That's what I thought, however they were adding the second panel. I thought a full build had 3 panels??? This tower has only had a 3g/800 voice upgrade so far.. I would love it if they did but I am wondering if he really knows what he is talking about... He did say that they ran fiber all the way up to the new panels...

That's what I thought, however they were adding the second panel. I thought a full build had 3 panels??? This tower has only had a 3g/800 voice upgrade so far.. I would love it if they did but I am wondering if he really knows what he is talking about... He did say that they ran fiber all the way up to the new panels...

A standard full build has 6 antennas.

3 standard NV antenna that support (700-900) & (1700-1900-2100)

&

3 8T8R  2496-2690 mhz Antennas

Is it possible sprint is going to have a massive launch? A lot of my towers seem to have the 2 /6 panels on them. However I have yet to see one broadcast on b41. Most of them seem to have unoptimized b26 and and 1900 LTE going..

I was at the BC vs Pitt football game today and Sprint was smooth on LTE before, during, and after the game. Before speeds were near 20Mbps down and 7 up. during the game, they dropped to 10 down and .75 up and after, speeds were about 12 down an 3 up.

The "during" portion is great evidence that uploading is starting to be used just as much as downloading. Nearly every other person around me was uploading photos and pictures to SnapChat and Facebook.

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen several band 41 sites that are either already ridiculously saturated or suffer from the legacy Clearwire backhaul issue.

One I connected to near Mass Ave at Tremont gave me less than 1.5 Mbps a week or so ago.