Network Vision/LTE - Boston Market (all of Massachusetts)

brendan4t

I've updated my profile till I was blue in the face. Sprint advanced tech support reset my ooma and lte settings. Let me ask you guys this, if someone, whoever fbi police were to send my device a fake prl to connect to their towers, would this cause issues? Also how could I get rid of their prl and overwrite it with sprints? Man I'm getting paranoid here I better put on my tin foil hat. I am stuck with crappy upload. I was on Band 41 getting 40 to 50 megabit down and my upload was .200. Another area with 16 down I was getting 0 upload! How's that even possible? 0 upload happens a lot! They must really be hacking my phone. I have no other explanation please help! Sitting here getting 71 megabit download and I can't crack 3 to 4 meg upload. Is sprint spark upload supposed to be this slow on Band 41.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

it's Obama he is making your phone upload a live camera stream 24/7, because your life is very interesting to him..... or since band 41 has trouble penetrating buildings among other things, and your phone's radio is significantly weaker than a cell tower its possible the tower is getting to your phone but your phone is having trouble transmitting back to the tower.  Its possible the tower your connected to is turned up so "strong" that phones have trouble with upload at the fringes of coverage... what is your signal  strength?    

Jarablue, you need to update your profile!

I've updated my profile till I was blue in the face. Sprint advanced tech support reset my ooma and lte settings. Let me ask you guys this, if someone, whoever fbi police were to send my device a fake prl to connect to their towers, would this cause issues? Also how could I get rid of their prl and overwrite it with sprints? Man I'm getting paranoid here I better put on my tin foil hat. I am stuck with crappy upload. I was on Band 41 getting 40 to 50 megabit down and my upload was .200. Another area with 16 down I was getting 0 upload! How's that even possible? 0 upload happens a lot! They must really be hacking my phone. I have no other explanation please help! Sitting here getting 71 megabit download and I can't crack 3 to 4 meg upload. Is sprint spark upload supposed to be this slow on Band 41.

He means your S4GRU user profile.  According to it, you are still sporting a Samsung Galaxy Note II, not your actual Samsung Galaxy Note 5, which is a weak band 41 uplink RF performer.  And that was just the test unit(s).  Your particular handset may be even worse.  You cannot say that S4GRU did not warn you.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-393-even-more-guardians-of-the-samsung-galaxy/

Regardless, data profile and PRL updates are not going to help.  Little by little at S4GRU, we are trying to dispel the ridiculous notion that PRL updates somehow grant access to new "towers" or improve LTE speeds.  Bar none, they do not.

Finally, in Sprint's current band 41 TDD configuration, it is not intended to have high uplink speeds.  It is designed to have high downlink speeds -- because that is what most end users notice and care about.

AJ

• Like 1

Obama is messing with my live stream? How can I fix that? Do we have to call Sprint?

it was a joke, no one is hacking your phone or your PRL or anything else on your phone, its just a network issue. does your phone work normaly in other areas? if yes then its your area report it on the sprint zone app. if no then something is phone with your phone and you should ask sprint to take a look at it.  do other sprint users have this problem in your area?

Obama is messing with my live stream? How can I fix that? Do we have to call Sprint?

If you actually believe that, you need to put on your tinfoil hat, pack up your things, and move to a fortified compound in rural Idaho or just outside Waco.

AJ

• Like 5

On another note.. i was doing some work in the Kendall/MIT area in Cambridge and got a good 4G signal but only 4 mb down and 1 mbps up... tower must be at capacity there... where else have people experienced jammed up towers in the Boston area? I don't go into downtown much so everywhere I go, it's an average of 10 - 12 mbps download speeds.

On another note.. i was doing some work in the Kendall/MIT area in Cambridge and got a good 4G signal but only 4 mb down and 1 mbps up... tower must be at capacity there... where else have people experienced jammed up towers in the Boston area? I don't go into downtown much so everywhere I go, it's an average of 10 - 12 mbps download speeds.

Were you on B26? If so, that's normal under the current load balancing scheme.

Using Tapatalk on BlackBerry Z30

Update your S4GRU profile. Still shows you're using an HTC EVO 4G.

Update your S4GRU profile. Still shows you're using an HTC EVO 4G.

Or people who want effectively S4GRU diagnostic services need to post not only their locations but also their devices.

Too many people seem to hold the idea that their wireless service should work equally well everywhere they go with any device.

AJ

Or people who want effectively S4GRU diagnostic services need to post not only their locations but also their devices.

Too many people seem to hold the idea that their wireless service should work equally well everywhere they go with any device.

AJ

My apologies, can't seem to update profile from tapatalk so I'll do it when I am at my pc. I am using Samsung Galaxy s6 edge plus.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

AJ

That's the goal of network vision isn't it? To provide an overall better Network experience for customers with competitive Internet speeds. I know it's still a work in progress.

Were you on B26? If so, that's normal under the current load balancing scheme.

Using Tapatalk on BlackBerry Z30

Not sure. I just reinstalled signal check and will check when I get back there. Experiencing 3mb down and up at my condo in South Boston.

• Like 1

I was at Vejigantes last night (in what I think is Roxbury) and was pulling speeds in the low teens. I haven't experienced slow speeds in Boston like you guys.

I'm in Chestnut Hill right now for a football game and I'm pulling 1.2 down and .5 up on Band 25 only because the stadium is packed.

• Like 1

I was at the Big E state fair in Springfield MA Sunday night on Band 41. They must of had some issues because I couldn't make a phone call or use my data. My phone and my wife's was useless. Verizons worked fine. Can't imagine the crowd being that crazy to saturate everything. Crazy bad network management or didn't they plan for that? Past year has been really interesting.

Edited by jarablue

That's the goal of network vision isn't it? To provide an overall better Network experience for customers with competitive Internet speeds.

No, not really.  You are moving the goalposts.  Network Vision is providing an overall better network experience.  Even the supposedly lowly 4 Mbps down, 1 Mbps up is highly usable and a better network experience.

But that does not mean the same experience everywhere.  That is not realistic for Sprint -- or for any other operator.  Expecting the same experience everywhere is like expecting all the women to be strong, all the men to be good looking, and all the children to be above average.

In wireless, the only consistency is inconsistency.

AJ

• Like 2

I was at the Big E state fair in Springfield MA Sunday night on Band 41. They must of had some issues because I couldn't make a phone call or use my data. My phone and my wife's was useless. Verizons worked fine. Can't imagine the crowd being that crazy to saturate everything. Crazy bad network management or didn't they plan for that? Past year has been really interesting.

I went to the big e last saturday and had the same issues. Data was slow but usable while calls and text were nonexistent

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Drove by the stealth pole site on Pond Street in Tewksbury near the Billerica town line this morning, a crew was on site with a large crane and most of the pole segments were down on the ground. Hopefully it's Sprint upgrades, that area is a bit lacking in coverage!

-Mike

• Like 1

Boston is one of AT&T's stronger markets but yesterday a couple of friends and I went to The Street Chestnut Hill and went to Shake Shack. There, my friend's phones on AT&T dropped to nearly unusable HSPA+. It was saddening to see honestly. My post-NV 3G speeds were faster than their faux-G. My phone in Shake Shack had an almost full signal on LTE and was flying through nearly every task like checking Instagram or loading Lyft to split a ride.

It was honestly shocking since on BC's campus, AT&T tends to do better overall.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Drove by the stealth pole site on Pond Street in Tewksbury near the Billerica town line this morning, a crew was on site with a large crane and most of the pole segments were down on the ground. Hopefully it's Sprint upgrades, that area is a bit lacking in coverage!

This site is still in progress.. the stealth covers are still set aside, but new antennas are finally visible (see below). A few nights ago I stumbled across some techs doing field testing; all they would share was they were working for Sprint and AT&T. I saw the new LTE PCI appearing as a neighbor cell in SignalCheck, but I couldn't connect to it. Today that PCI is gone. I can no longer get a 1X connection to this site, but eHRPD is still live. Hopefully LTE goes live soon..

e1bdd505249cc27db991c373a33ac329.jpg

-Mike

• Like 1

This site is still in progress.. the stealth panels are still set aside, but new antennas are finally visible (see below). A few nights ago I stumbled across some techs doing field testing; all they would share was they were working for Sprint and AT&T. I saw the new LTE PCI appearing as a neighbor cell in Signal Check, but I couldn't connect to it. Today that PCI is gone. I can no longer get a 1X connection to this site, but eHRPD is still live. Hopefully LTE goes live soon..

-Mike

Could you tell if they are tri-band antennas?