Sprint TEP raising prices from $8 to $11 starting June 16?

newboyx

Horrible....smh.... It just went up like the end of last year......I can see if it was a 0 Deducible, but it isn't......It's higher! Probably still won't let the iPhone be covered, like VZW does!

Edited by darnell89

Well I am not surprised, sprint is hurting for revenue right now and the one area they can't afford to raise prices on is their service plans which means that all the other little things are going to rise one way or another. In my opinion Sprint is playing a very dangerous game. Network vision had better be what they are claiming it to be or they will be in a lot of trouble.

• Like 1

I can't afford 11/mo for insurance. That's a ridiculous price. Frankly, that would be unfair to do that to anyone but LTE phone users.

Sent from Joshs iPhone 3Gs using Forum Runner

Horrible....smh.... It just went up like the end of last year......I can see if it was a 0 Deducible' date=' but it isn't......It's higher! Probably still won't let the iPhone be covered, like VZW does![/quote']

Actually, rumors have been flying that Sprint will allow iPhone users to have TEP soon

I can't afford 11/mo for insurance. That's a ridiculous price. Frankly, that would be unfair to do that to anyone but LTE phone users.

True, that is what I said about the premium data, but Sprint still charged 3G customers, and the ones who doesn't even have Wimax in their area that ridiculous premium charge, unless u have a Qwerty Phone (base phone) , or a damn recycled phone.....smh....

I don't know how many lines you have but when you look at accounts that have multiple lines that extra $3 adds up. In a way I can't blame sprint but again they are playing a dangerous game.

Actually, rumors have been flying that Sprint will allow iPhone users to have TEP soon

They really do need to, cause after working for Apple, Apple Care is useless, and stupid! I wish they would change their policy, cause the most common issue was Shattered Screens, or Water Damage.....

If thats the case then I could definitely see how this decision could have been influenced by an up coming lte iphone.

• Like 1

It may be that their insurer has raised their premiums. I hear a lot of phone insurance fraud claims around forums (not ours of course). That's the cost of a morally degrading society. The rest of us have higher insurance premiums.

Robert

• Like 2

Now that I think about it, I don't even know the last time I even used tep to replace a phone. I have 2 evo 3d's that I bought on release day that are still perfect, I also had two evo 4g's that were still perfect the day I sold them to get the evo 3d. Damn come to think of it the last time I used tep was for either the touch pro 1 or the mogul before that, thats was about 4 years ago.

• Like 1

It may be that their insurer has raised their premiums. I hear a lot of phone insurance fraud claims around forums (not ours of course). That's the cost of a morally degrading society. The rest of us have higher insurance premiums.

Robert

This is so true and it makes me sick. So many people try to do this just to see if they can get a free upgrade.

Now that I think about it, I don't even know the last time I even used tep to replace a phone. I have 2 evo 3d's that I bought on release day that are still perfect, I also had two evo 4g's that were still perfect the day I sold them to get the evo 3d. Damn come to think of it the last time I used tep was for either the touch pro 1 or the mogul before that, thats was about 4 years ago.

That's pretty good. Wish my phones where that stable....lol I had at least 3 EVO 4G's replaced.....Had the Epic 4G replaced a couple of times too. Now, the Epic Touch has been replaced once. I guess i'm too hardcore on my phones....lol

http://m.androidcent...y-lte-goes-live

TEP going up to $11 any thoughts?

Sent in 3D via Tapatalk 2

The $11 bucks isn't the only thing. Did you see the deductibles? $150 to $200 depending on msrp? Just pocket the $11 bucks a month in a savings account and fund your own replacement. Hold on to your old phone in case you need a spare.

That's pretty good. Wish my phones where that stable....lol I had at least 3 EVO 4G's replaced.....Had the Epic 4G replaced a couple of times too. Now, the Epic Touch has been replaced once. I guess i'm too hardcore on my phones....lol

Yeah, I been fortunate with phones recently. I did go through like 6 touch pros though, all with the same issues but I didn't have to use tep to replace them. So as I think about it now, the last time I used tep was to replace a htc mogul that I somehow damaged.

The $11 bucks is the only thing. Did you see the deductibles? $150 to $200 depending on msrp? Just pocket the $11 bucks a month in a savings account and fund your own replacement. Hold on to your old phone in case you need a spare.

:twitch:

Well, since at&t uses the same insurance company, guess we'll find out soon if they are raising prices, or if sprint just wants to take a few more dollars.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Well, since at&t uses the same insurance company, guess we'll find out soon if they are raising prices, or if sprint just wants to take a few more dollars.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I think Assurion is the universal insurer for all the carriers. Right now VZ and ATT charge $6.99/month with deductibles from $99 to $199 depending on device. It wouldn't surprise me if they started raising the monthly rate too.

Yeah, the insurance rates are out of control.

I've never purchased insurance. I figure if my phone breaks it is cheaper to sell my broken phone on eBay and buy a used phone off eBay.

Net, it would be a few 100 bucks, tops. I have yet to break a phone though - but I am prepared to buy a new one if I needed to.

The $11 bucks isn't the only thing. Did you see the deductibles? $150 to $200 depending on msrp? Just pocket the $11 bucks a month in a savings account and fund your own replacement. Hold on to your old phone in case you need a spare.

Exactly! Self insure is the way to go. I can guarantee you that I will be doing this.

When my phone was stolen last November, it was good I had insurance. It would have cost too much to replace it.

Sent from Joshs Evo Shift using Forum Runner

With Sprints repair policy being fairly liberal, I think having TEP can be a waste except if the phone is lost or stolen. Now you can go to a repair center, pay $35 and get the phone fixed or replaced. No $100 deductable either.