Galaxy S22 thread

PythonFanPA

9 hours ago, jreuschl said:

I'm still having RCS problems so that hasn't been fixed. 

Once my SIM is unlocked I guess I'll need to flash U1 firmware.

I'm even in Google Messages beta program. 

i have the unlocked version, straight from samsung. Its an issue on U1 firmware as well. Ive also been loosing service randomly

*watch me go from 3/4 bars service to nothing, back to service while not doing anything *

https://i.imgur.com/9NGLUCm.mp4

• Like 1

On 3/19/2022 at 8:15 PM, gr8nuguy said:

i have the unlocked version, straight from samsung. Its an issue on U1 firmware as well. Ive also been loosing service randomly

*watch me go from 3/4 bars service to nothing, back to service while not doing anything *

I haven't see that issue personally.  Could that be a SIM card issue?

One note on RCS.  On the T-Mobile branded device, RCS seems to work more reliably by using Samsung Messages.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2022 at 3:14 PM, jreuschl said:

I haven't see that issue personally.  Could that be a SIM card issue?

One note on RCS.  On the T-Mobile branded device, RCS seems to work more reliably by using Samsung Messages.

I've used multiple new sim cards, same issue

Just noticed this as I hadn't tried using it since, but is the Flashlight option broken after the update for anyone else?  Hoping this is just a software issue and not hardware on my end.  I'm on the direct from Samsung unlocked version particularly here.

2 hours ago, PythonFanPA said:

Just noticed this as I hadn't tried using it since, but is the Flashlight option broken after the update for anyone else?  Hoping this is just a software issue and not hardware on my end.  I'm on the direct from Samsung unlocked version particularly here.

Just tested it and it works fine for me. I'm on the TMobile locked S22U.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PythonFanPA said:

Working fine on both of my 22 Ultras. AT&T and T-Mobile.

On 3/19/2022 at 7:15 PM, gr8nuguy said:

While not as active as mine was.. it looks eerily similar to what my S20 ultra was doing.. It was bouncing in and out of signal/service like crazy, in random areas... Finally they just swapped out my phone for a new note ultra... 

On 3/23/2022 at 9:06 PM, gr8nuguy said:

I've used multiple new sim cards, same issue

If you can easily repeat the issue, I would try for a replacement.

On 3/28/2022 at 8:24 PM, floorguy said:

While not as active as mine was.. it looks eerily similar to what my S20 ultra was doing.. It was bouncing in and out of signal/service like crazy, in random areas... Finally they just swapped out my phone for a new note ultra... 

My issue is, where I live there are 3 actual sprint towers and 1 t-mobile tower. When the phone "looks" for connection, it will connect to one of the sprint sites, when it tries to connect to lte 1900 from the tmobile tower, thats where it drops the connection. Ive taken my phone to different towns where they just have tmobile sites and no sprint sites, the issue isn't there with the phone. 

10 hours ago, gr8nuguy said:

My issue is, where I live there are 3 actual sprint towers and 1 t-mobile tower. When the phone "looks" for connection, it will connect to one of the sprint sites, when it tries to connect to lte 1900 from the tmobile tower, thats where it drops the connection. Ive taken my phone to different towns where they just have tmobile sites and no sprint sites, the issue isn't there with the phone. 

I expect more issues like this until they finally kill off the Sprint network. In the fall we will finally know the true T-Mobile network holes.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, jreuschl said:

zzz..  Waiting for April update!  Has been available internationally but I'm guessing the US carriers are taking their time approving it.

Mentions of the update rolling out for Verizon over on Reddit. Likely TMO won't be far behind. 

• Like 1

FYI, Samsung is offering 40% off on the GalaxyWatch4+$50 Google Play gift card for new S22 owners. This discount stacks with educational and employer discounts like PerksAtWork. 

After EPP I got the watch, a $50 Google Play gift card, and 60-days of Strava free for $129.59. They even offer free next day pickup at BestBuy.

Link details:

https://slickdeals.net/f/15722590-samsung-watch4-44mm-129-59-50-google-play-credit-w-samsung-pay-epp?utm_source=android_app&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=external+share

Edit: And an hour after I ordered I got notice my watch was ready for pickup at BestBuy and I already have it. 

11 hours ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

FYI, Samsung is offering 40% off on the GalaxyWatch4+$50 Google Play gift card for new S22 owners. This discount stacks with educational and employer discounts like PerksAtWork. 

After EPP I got the watch, a $50 Google Play gift card, and 60-days of Strava free for $129.59. They even offer free next day pickup at BestBuy.

Link details:

https://slickdeals.net/f/15722590-samsung-watch4-44mm-129-59-50-google-play-credit-w-samsung-pay-epp?utm_source=android_app&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=external+share

Edit: And an hour after I ordered I got notice my watch was ready for pickup at BestBuy and I already have it. 

This 40% off deal also applies to the 45W charger and a number of other accessories. Just go to the store homepage and click on the link that says:

A special offer just for you - As a new Galaxy S22 Series owner, get up to an extra 30% off select Galaxy Watches, Buds and more.

Despite it saying 30% it is taking 40% off for me.

9 minutes ago, jreuschl said:

Unfortunately T-Mobile is blocking both the locked and unlocked updates for now.  Everyone else is getting it.

i just used odin and frija to download and flash it

18 minutes ago, jreuschl said:

Unfortunately T-Mobile is blocking both the locked and unlocked updates for now.  Everyone else is getting it.

How does this work?  What about over home wi-fi?  What if you switch sims to another carrier?  How long is required?