Galaxy S22 thread

PythonFanPA

39 minutes ago, mdob07 said:

One issue I have noticed so far is that in SCP it always shows TA: 0. Hopefully that gets fixed in a future update. My s20 did not do this and since both my S22s do on both AT&T and T-Mobile I'm assuming it's a small bug in the S22 software. 

submit a bug report

• Like 1

How is battery life?

12 minutes ago, Trip said:

Can anyone confirm whether the S22 supports band locking?

- Trip

I can confirm band locking works using the Samsung Band Selection app on my AT&T S22.

• Like 1

I was mostly settled on the A52 as the replacement for all the phones on my account (LG G7/G8/G8X/G8X), but if the S22 is actually so much better with weak signal than other devices before it, per press reports, then that might be a deciding factor in its favor, despite the lack of headphone jack and SD card slot. 

And, of course, band locking would be another big help for those situations.

- Trip

• Like 1

So I was able to pick mine up yesterday (again, S22+ Unlocked) afternoon at FedEx and started trying setup today.  I'm going to run on the assumption that this is more of a factor of the fact I'm having to rely on TMo/TNX now than Sprint SIM/primary due to the TMo SIM requirement, but I can't say much positive about mobile signal comparatively while at home here.  With my S21, while I never got 5G much if at all in my basement (we're near Italian Lake area of Harrisburg now), I would always have at least some kind of consistent LTE signal on varying bands still.  On the S22, and unless I stay on Wi-Fi calling (which registers me as on TMo Wi-FI Calling Network), I pretty much ether am connecting to Sprint B26/LTE 800 nearby, or zilch/nada otherwise.  In fact, I couldn't confirm the thing was actually activated and working properly for mobile until I went outside finally (after a lengthy 2-tier call into Sprint care). 

I should have guessed/known better I suppose, but I was trying to be optimistic.  I was going off my experience with the S21 and just assumed I could still activate properly and have it register, but with a TMo SIM/TNX at least where I live now, its a lessened experience without WiFi being involved compared to the S21 still on a Sprint SIM.

That said, the phone itself I'm very happy with otherwise thus far.   Even with almost every app I had loaded previously re-loaded on it and all my pics/files/texts/etc migrated over, the thing is very noticeably faster than my S21 - *especially* bootup time.  This thing boots up to lock screen/home screen and usability in about 10-15 seconds if that so far at least.  Easily between 3-4 (though leaning closer to 3) times faster than my S21 does.

• Like 1

Has anyone gotten the February update yet? Both of my phones are on the January update. No issues with my T-Mobile phone, it seems pretty polished at this point. My AT&T phone however has had a few quirks that I'm hoping are fixed soon. Was getting weird GPS loss of signal error when using Google maps the other day and battery life seems not as good as my T-Mobile phone. On both phones on the engineering screen there's a line that says "Code review required". I will say I love the camera on this phone, got some really long range shots the other day I'll post soon. Was far enough away from a tower that at 1x zoom you couldn't even see it. Huge improvement over my s20 Ultra. 

I have notices the UC icon on my T-Mobile phone seems to under report N41. Several times I've confirmed via the engineering screen that I'm connected to N41 but the UC logo isn't there. It usually pops up after doing something like a speed test or something that uses data for a few seconds, it doesn't usually show up when phone is idle. 

Also on T-Mobile sim and esim the *d2263# menu still works to band lock. I still have the pull the sim and reboot my AT&T phone to get to that menu. 

Got the phone a few hours ago, after setting everything up, everything seems to be working good so far. Only 1 issue ive noticed thus far, is when you loose 5g, it takes a while to reconnect to 5g, even in a known good area for 5g. A quick airplane mode cycle brings the 5g back (full bars). While I drove to omaha from fremont, I noticed that drop in 5g, and it would prefer low signal of 4g over the 5g. Hope a software update fixes this. 

I'll have to compare with my previous Note 20 before I send it in for Samsung trade in, but so far B71 seems to be not as good, which is disappointing considering my home is in a fringe area.

Apparently this might be more of a signal drop/data drop issue:

I am also experiencing data connection issues 

When leaving Washington DC the other day I noticed my phone had no connection for 5 minutes. 

And then last night at around 3am my phone goes crazy receiving a bulk of text messages that were sent to me hours ago. 

Not good at all. 

On 3/1/2022 at 12:25 PM, javon23 said:

I am also experiencing data connection issues 

When leaving Washington DC the other day I noticed my phone had no connection for 5 minutes. 

And then last night at around 3am my phone goes crazy receiving a bulk of text messages that were sent to me hours ago. 

Not good at all. 

The texting delays could be the RCS implementation in the new Google Messages sponsored by Samsung.  There's quite a few problems..  me included..  with T-Mobile and AT&T users.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gr8nuguy said:

I can live with this, so long as signal issues get fixed

RUegFRh.jpg

How does this compare to your last phone?

6 hours ago, floorguy said:

You would think they thought they owned the data waves..

Why else would they throttle apps?? Unless it was to cut down on data usage.

I think it is for battery use. Of course ever since I almost got kicked off of planes because of the exploding Note 7 batteries, user replaceable batteries were eliminated, else you could simply get extended life batteries.

On 3/5/2022 at 12:57 PM, floorguy said:

You would think they thought they owned the data waves..

Why else would they throttle apps?? Unless it was to cut down on data usage.

Temperature control is the official acknowledgement: https://www.webpronews.com/samsung-to-roll-out-update-to-fix-throttling/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, mdob07 said:

I'm surprised we still haven't seen the February update. Neither of my phones have received anything since I set them up initially. 

It is REALLY REALLY strange. Makes me wonder if there is some sort of show-stopper bug (much like what impacted the Pixels). 

So this is interesting.  Des has had his 2ND update to the S22 today.  He had one on the 11th and another one today!

Either he is getting early access and not realizing it, or someone forgot to set a public switch.