Galaxy Note 20 (and Ultra) 5G

jonathanm1978

4 hours ago, jonathanm1978 said:

Sprint.com no pre-order options for note 20....

But Tmo has it for their base.

I was able to preorder the 512gb Ultra about 2 hours ago using the My Sprint app.

Edited by Risc

1 minute ago, Risc said:

I was able to preorder the 512gb Ultra about 45 mins ago using the My Sprint app.

Yeah I just discovered it...and they've lost their damn minds.

Pay $600 now, $30/month for the new note...plus send back the note 10+ that I currently have.

Not once, but twice..because me and wife both have note 10+.

So...$1200 up front, send back the phones we've spent $900 in the last 12 months, and "finance" another phone for 18 months/24 months whatever.

Nah..I'll pass. Oh..and I found out just now that samsung for life apparently is gone. Nice news to get when I'm thinking we've been a part of it ...

1 hour ago, jonathanm1978 said:

Yeah I just discovered it...and they've lost their damn minds.

Pay $600 now, $30/month for the new note...plus send back the note 10+ that I currently have.

Not once, but twice..because me and wife both have note 10+.

So...$1200 up front, send back the phones we've spent $900 in the last 12 months, and "finance" another phone for 18 months/24 months whatever.

Nah..I'll pass. Oh..and I found out just now that samsung for life apparently is gone. Nice news to get when I'm thinking we've been a part of it ...

Yeh Sprint/Tmobile has be beyond pissed right now.
I have also been on the Galaxy Forever Plan 
Very poor taste to yank this from us without even notifying us plus their customer service is clearly not on the same page as it still shows the Galaxy Forever Plan on their website here https://www.sprint.com/en/support/solutions/services/faqs-about-galaxy-forever.html
While they are saying this 

Screen-Shot-2020-08-07-at-11-22-44-AM.pn

Samsung directly definitely has the better trade in deal. Now thinking about paying the remaining $625 I owe on my lease to Sprint and then trading in my Note 10+ to Samsung 

34 minutes ago, javon23 said:

I am thinking about buying the Unlocked version. 
Maybe a dumb question but will the Unlocked version still support all Bands or is it still wise to buy the Tmobile carrier version?

You'll be fine. But yeah Note 20 Ultra is worse than the S20 Ultra imo, less ram and smaller battery. Samsung dropped the ball big time here, but here's hoping the S21 is better! And I am pissed the Galaxy forever deal is gone, guess things are going to go back to the old ways, buy phones outright or with my credit card lol.

• Like 1

Oh wow that is sketch AF.  I was planning on using my Galaxy forever benefit to grab the note 20 ultra.  Mainly I actually want it for wireless Dex ability. That would be a game changer for me as I hate cords and I already have a bt keyboard and mouse. I really do use it as a computer and it's actually ok but wireless would make it a whole lot better. 

But I'm assuming wireless Dex support will come to my note 10 + this fall if history is any indication.  If that's true, y'all can keep the damn thing and I'll keep mine. Lol

At this point, there's no way to continue getting yearly upgrades unless you fork over a couple grand to do it... and really the only reason I wanted to upgrade just one of my devices, was to see if any 5G becomes available near me.  I like the Note 10+, not that worried about 5G because I dont even get signal at home... but this move away from the loyalty program has me thinking about the Oneplus 5g as my next option.

We already lost the consumer loyalty program. Then, the yearly upgrade fee that was a waste also, and likewise went away. Now they've silently deleted the Samsung forever program. 12 years of dealing with everything from no service to broken phones (before insurance)....I had to add a 3rd line because my primary phone was broken and was under contract that I couldn't buy out. And all the money I spent buying out contracts..oh my. 

Just seems counter intuitive.  Not my business, just my stock and I hope they do well.

• Like 1

Yeah, sprint done lost their damn minds, their trade in deal is a joke. The trade in credit is spread out over 2 years and if you pay the phone off early  you lose whatever credit is remaining and of course they already have your trade in device. I'll probably never by a phone directly from sprint ever again, better off just dealing with Samsung directly. You get a higher trade in amount, you get an extra $50 for reserving, and your promo items get shipped with the phone and you still can chose if you want a sprint phone or unlocked. Seems like a no brainer to me. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I broke down and upgraded my personal Sprint line to a shiny new Note 20 Ultra 128GB.  Samsung.com and Sprint/T-Mobile are offering $500 to trade in my old iPhone 6s, which essentially cost me nothing to obtain.  I was also able to use a 5% Referral discount, Samsung Education Discount, and Rakuten (ebates) cash back ($70). so that basically brought the cost of my Note 20 Ultra down to ~$630 plus Tax.  Not bad IMO.  I just wish the 512GB model was available as it would have been worth the extra $.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone here flashed their unlocked Note 20 Ultra with T-Mobile firmware and successfully gotten eSIM unlocked?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/17/2021 at 10:19 AM, littlejth said:

Has anyone here flashed their unlocked Note 20 Ultra with T-Mobile firmware and successfully gotten eSIM unlocked?

Is being discussed here.  But someone did confirm to me it worked.  Def need to do a full flash and lose data.

I haven't tried it yet.  I won a Note 20 Ultra from Samsung/work event so once I get it I'll be trying.

• 3 months later...