SITE UPGRADE WARNING

S4GRU

37 minutes ago, mmark27 said:

that doesn't work for me on Chrome :(

http://s4gru.com/forums/topic/7754-site-upgrade-warning/?do=getNewComment

This forum topic shows the newest comments since you last looked at it on the above link on all browsers that it supports.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, with latest Tapatalk update and behind the scene updates, site is running smooth again with Tapatalk.

Thanks for all​ the hard work.

Don't forget to get the phone giveaway thread and donate some $$$$$$$.

http://www.s4gru.com/applications/tapatalk/index.php?/topic/7762-ENTER-TO-WIN-A-NEW-iPHONE-8-(OR-MAYBE-iPHONE-X)-AND-HELP-SUPPORT-S4GRU

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I'm having issues accessing S4GRU again when connected through my Verizon Fios (website error message attached). Phones and laptop, website or Tapatalk, all give errors. Works ok on a Sprint data connection. A week ago I had the same issue for 4-5 days.

-Mikecf82a256157149e0d30a885a95e94ec0.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, mikejeep said:

I'm having issues accessing S4GRU again when connected through my Verizon Fios...

Net Neutrality is dead.  You have to pay for the Verizon Fios competitor access pack in order to browse S4GRU.

AJ

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

36 minutes ago, mikejeep said:

I'm having issues accessing S4GRU again when connected through my Verizon Fios (website error message attached). Phones and laptop, website or Tapatalk, all give errors. Works ok on a Sprint data connection. A week ago I had the same issue for 4-5 days.

I've had AWS and IP Board working on this the better part of the week.  Their conclusion is the new

TAPATALK!!!

I've opened a ticket up with Tapatalk to fix it.  It's that their app is causing a request loop that CloudFront/AWS thinks is an attack by the repeating loop.  So it blocks the IP address of the offender.  Tapatalk doesn't even need to be running for it to happen.  Tapatalk auto runs some functions, and it can even occur during that time.  I had to uninstall Tapatalk on my devices because it was even happening to me!

When the block occurs, it either needs to be manually removed by CloudFront (by each IP address) or it will eventually fall off on its own in 48 hours.  But then Tapatalk will eventually commit the sin again and get you blocked again.

Hopefully Tapatalk comes up with a workaround quickly.  CloudFront says it is old code that is unnecessary in their plug in that is causing the loop.  Tapatalk has not been very quick or helpful in the past.

If this continues much longer, I will have to disable Tapatalk.  It's killing traffic to our site.  Right in the middle of a fundraiser, no less.

:dazed:

Robert

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, mikejeep said:

Many of us are having the same issue. Connectivity only possible with extreme patience or switching phones or ip addresses.  It could be from using wifi and Sprint from same device or s4gru.com/ipboard to amazon servers. There are a few fixes out on youtube, but no idea if they apply or would work.

19 hours ago, S4GRU said:

I've had AWS and IP Board working on this the better part of the week.  Their conclusion is the new

TAPATALK!!!

I've opened a ticket up with Tapatalk to fix it.  It's that their app is causing a request loop that CloudFront/AWS thinks is an attack by the repeating loop.  So it blocks the IP address of the offender.  Tapatalk doesn't even need to be running for it to happen.  Tapatalk auto runs some functions, and it can even occur during that time.  I had to uninstall Tapatalk on my devices because it was even happening to me!

When the block occurs, it either needs to be manually removed by CloudFront (by each IP address) or it will eventually fall off on its own in 48 hours.  But then Tapatalk will eventually commit the sin again and get you blocked again.

Hopefully Tapatalk comes up with a workaround quickly.  CloudFront says it is old code that is unnecessary in their plug in that is causing the loop.  Tapatalk has not been very quick or helpful in the past.

If this continues much longer, I will have to disable Tapatalk.  It's killing traffic to our site.  Right in the middle of a fundraiser, no less.

:dazed:

Robert

Dropped my rating of tapatalk to one star and said "Cloudfront/AWS says a tapatalk loop from old code is causing them to block users like me and many others from various boards as a security threat.  Been going on for weeks.  Time to fix it."  Tapatalk responded saying "Please write us to support@tapatalk.com with more detail and we'll look into it.  Thank you."   If you could supply more details I will send them to tapatalk.  Thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dkyeager said:

Dropped my rating of tapatalk to one star and said "Cloudfront/AWS says a tapatalk loop from old code is causing them to block users like me and many others from various boards as a security threat.  Been going on for weeks.  Time to fix it."  Tapatalk responded saying "Please write us to support@tapatalk.com with more detail and we'll look into it.  Thank you."   If you could supply more details I will send them to tapatalk.  Thanks

The Tapatalk app attempts to load:

/applications/tapatalk/avatar.php?user_id=

Which appears redundant and not needed. The string does not exist which provides a 404 response back, which the app then resubmits, over and over again.  CloudFront sees the endless requests as suspicious and then blocks the offending IP address.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S4GRU said:

The Tapatalk app attempts to load:

/applications/tapatalk/avatar.php?user_id=

Which appears redundant and not needed. The string does not exist which provides a 404 response back, which the app then resubmits, over and over again.  CloudFront sees the endless requests as suspicious and then blocks the offending IP address.

sent

• Like 1

I just use my mobile browser, you guys making a mountain out of a 6 for hole. 
The problem is that Tapatalk is causing any IP that has had a Tapatalk connection to be blocked entirely. Even via the mobile browser.

-Mike

Tapatalk responded to my Support Ticket.  First time in years.  Probably due to you guys rating so low and getting their attention.  Good job!

They had me make some changes to the settings for our plug in that they think will take care of the problem.  Try Tapatalk again and see if you get blocked again.  Please let me know via this thread.  Thanks!

Robert

• Like 2

I haven't been having too many problems with Tapatalk.. Other than the recent and subscribed threads to be out of order, with some more recently updated threads showing way down the list. I'd hate to see it go away. I can hardly find my way around using the website.

Sent from my BBB100-3 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Manny789 said:

I notice that since the update, sub-forums are not accessible in Tapatalk. Is anyone experiencing this?06b9c734eb11d58051dc284779a3e903.jpg5f72bb2941021dce92cdfe70e3ae0526.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like they are there, but you have to scroll to the bottom. I just pulled it up on my phone, and it showed for a brief moment, then disappeared. When I scrolled to the bottom, the sub-forums were there. That seems like a bug.

Edit: When I refreshed the screen, they came back to the top of the screen.

Looks like they are there, but you have to scroll to the bottom. I just pulled it up on my phone, and it showed for a brief moment, then disappeared. When I scrolled to the bottom, the sub-forums were there. That seems like a bug.
Edit: When I refreshed the screen, they came back to the top of the screen.

Right. In the mobile web app they’re there. But in Tapatalk I can’t see, for example, the Markets sub-forum.

1 minute ago, Manny789 said:

Right. In the mobile web app they’re there. But in Tapatalk I can’t see, for example, the Markets sub-forum.

Yeah, I was speaking about my Tapatalk app. When I first pulled it up, the Market sub-forum was in the middle, I had to scroll way down to see it. When I refreshed the page (pull down when you are at the top) they returned to the top of the page.

nm07VFB.png

Mr recent experience is a little different - Tapatalk works fine on all but The S4GRU Club threads. I'm prompted for a password again, and the correct password doesn't work.

Tapatalk - aargh!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

So, it's been 24 hours and no complaints of a CloudFront block.  Maybe, just maybe Tapatalk has fixed it?  :fingers:
Robert
I didn't want to jinx it, but I've been alternating between my Wi-Fi and Sprint IPs and haven't had any issues.. ?

-Mike
  • Like 1

Mr recent experience is a little different - Tapatalk works fine on all but The S4GRU Club threads. I'm prompted for a password again, and the correct password doesn't work.

Tapatalk - aargh!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

That's a long time Tapatalk bug. You can find the threads under the Timeline tab or recent/unread tab.

Sent from my LG G6

• Like 1