SITE UPGRADE WARNING

S4GRU

3 minutes ago, chamb said:

Clinking on a existing thread to see  a new comment is sometimes slow.  Might take 10 seconds to get a response.

This issue started for me over a week ago.

Same here, generally navigating between pages seems fine to at least usable whenever whatever is going on is in play, but clicking on a thread to view it is when suddenly the site response just hangs for several seconds (in my experience anywhere from 10 to even as much as 20-25 seconds before the thread page will finally load).

To be specific, these days I'm usually clicking the icon to go to the next unread post in the thread - I have no tested to see if the same behavior exhibits itself if you just click in the thread link normally or if there's any differential.

If I click on the last time stamp of the person who just left a comment/post... it takes forever.   It's now quicker to open General then scroll down to 'Site Upgrade Warning" then go to last page and find the last comment.     It's a pain now to navigate.  

1 hour ago, S4GRU said:

It's working fine for me right now at the moment.  Strange.

Robert

Robert - I can only speak for myself, but for anything I've described, its been intermittent, not a consistent 'every-time-I-access' thing.   Right now I'm experiencing zero issues either.  And I haven't seen any error response pages on my end in at least 2 days if not 3.  But the delayed load on threads has definitely still been happening at times the past 24 hours or so.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, PythonFanPA said:

Robert - I can only speak for myself, but for anything I've described, its been intermittent, not a consistent 'every-time-I-access' thing.   Right now I'm experiencing zero issues either.  And I haven't seen any error response pages on my end in at least 2 days if not 3.  But the delayed load on threads has definitely still been happening at times the past 24 hours or so.

Thanks for the report.  I've had all the problems everyone else has had.  Believe me, I know.  I have had more than a dozen emails and messages and this very thread reporting it.  My post response is just speaking about the problem from this morning must be gone since it seemed fine at the moment I checked  :sunny:.

Robert

• Like 2

Just took me 10 seconds to get any action after I clicked on PythonFanPa's post above this post.

Normally when I have this issue, it is only the first thing I try to display when I enter the site after clicking on unread posts at the top.

Kind of acts like things are in a "sleep mode" and it takes 10 seconds to wake things up.  After it displays the first item, generally any following requests are responded to in a normal matter.

I only browse with Tapatalk, but whatever Robert did last week fixed the speed issues that I was having.

For people having issues, does Developer Tools show anything? Anything in the console, or any specific request that's hanging? That might be useful to help figure out the cause.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ingenium said:

I only browse with Tapatalk, but whatever Robert did last week fixed the speed issues that I was having.

For people having issues, does Developer Tools show anything? Anything in the console, or any specific request that's hanging? That might be useful to help figure out the cause.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I tried doing that in chrome last night on my desktop and of course everything loaded perfect when I was looking for the culprit. I'll try again tonight when I get home from work, funny when you're looking for the problem you can't find it. 

Yeah.. something is still out of whack.... if I try to "click" right on the timestamp "12 minutes ago" by BlueAngel, of the last person who made a response, it still takes a very long time to respond.   The bottom of my screen says: Waiting on S4GRU...    (see below)

image.png.c4315289b7560fa830476e93515fec57.pngimage.png.185ed9aeb9f8bca729d4a99faca442fa.png  

Encountered (and this time captured) an error for the first time in a few weeks - see attached, in case it helps in any way..
2035201980_S4GRU504erroron030319at0315pmEDT.thumb.JPG.e019a41835dfc7faf9cac72812407612.JPG
It's been awhile since I've encountered any errors like that

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk