SITE UPGRADE WARNING

S4GRU

6 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:
On 9/17/2017 at 1:28 AM, floorguy said:

uhhhh yea, have them change the color scheme... I HATE bright websites.. hurts the eyes

6 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Colors seem fine to me. 

On 9/17/2017 at 9:35 AM, S4GRU said:

I did change the color scheme. It was far worse.   It was completely white, except the top border.  Now everything is shades of teal or gray, except text boxes which are off white.

People's comments with the new colors has been positive so far. Do others think we need to darken them further?

Seems the majority of the members don't have a problem with the color scheme.
The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few or the one.  
So for those that do have an issue (and are using Chrome browser) then just install the "Dark Mode" Chrome extension by Grephy. 
It makes the site (or any site) look like this...

BlackChrome-small.png

The cool thing about it is that its a toggle in the upper toolbar that one can go back to regular bright view or dark anytime you want.

TS out

Edited by Dkoellerwx
something went wrong with the quote... moved reply out of the quote
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, jefbal99 said:

Were the EX144 errors associated with the upgrade or other issues?

Something happened yesterday morning that caused some critical files on our server to be corrupted.  IPBoard tried fixing code by hand, but kept finding a new error somewhere else after fixing another one.  They ended up installing a new security upgrade over the site last night and that fixed the issue completely. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, S4GRU said:

Something happened yesterday morning that caused some critical files on our server to be corrupted.  IPBoard tried fixing code by hand, but kept finding a new undiscovered error after doing that.  They ended up installing a new security upgrade over the site last night and that fixed the issue completely. 

Glad it got fixed :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, derrph said:

Will this site ever come back to tapatalk?

I gave up a few weeks ago.  I'll go check on an update today.

7 minutes ago, ingenium said:

Basically keep checking here for a new version of the Tapatalk plugin to be posted https://www.tapatalk.com/download_IPBoard.php

Yep.  If they come out with a new version after 8/17, I will give it a shot.

3 hours ago, danlodish345 said:

i dont notice any differences with tapatalk....it all seams normal for me.

You are able to use S4GRU on Tapatalk???  Then you're the only one. 

6 hours ago, danlodish345 said:

What version of tapatalk are you using?

On 10/2/2017 at 11:02 AM, S4GRU said:

I gave up a few weeks ago.  I'll go check on an update today.

what about the ability to subscribe to literally any of the forums, or more importantly any of the topics in those forums under the "The S4GRU Club" category?  I have subscriptions going back years that i no longert get updates on and I can not be the only one.  Would seem this is a pretty big oversight / bug in the software.

40 minutes ago, swintec said:

what about the ability to subscribe to literally any of the forums, or more importantly any of the topics in those forums under the "The S4GRU Club" category?  I have subscriptions going back years that i no longert get updates on and I can not be the only one.  Would seem this is a pretty big oversight / bug in the software.

I agree.  The new software doesn't allow following topics behind the paywall.  IPS did this by design.  Because other sites asked for it to be this way.  Because they have fluid memberships, good for a week, a month, a year, etc.  Where as ours are more static, most indefinite.  People were still getting post content behind the paywall via email notifications.  So they fixed this hole.

This "problem" didn't affect S4GRU in the past, and this new "fix" causes a lot of problems for our membership group.  Unfortunately, it appears we are in the minority here.  They said they may make it adjustable in future releases where it can be selected by the Administrator.  But until then, following behind the paywall is not permitted.  I miss this feature very much.

Robert

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, S4GRU said:

People were still getting post content behind the paywall via email notifications.

Seems like that is what they should have addressed specifically, instead of throwing the baby out with the bathwater and going the way they did.  A real shame, more so for this site, as it is a hindrance to further participation and posting in important topics.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, swintec said:

Seems like that is what they should have addressed specifically, instead of throwing the baby out with the bathwater and going the way they did.  A real shame, more so for this site, as it is a hindrance to further participation and posting in important topics.

Couldn't agree more.

Just now, dkyeager said:

What version of tapatalk are you using?

app version 7.1.2(964) actually i take it back..its now denying me total access to the site via tapatalk...so yes i am experiencing issues

17 hours ago, danlodish345 said:

4 hours ago, danlodish345 said:

app version 7.1.2(964) actually i take it back..its now denying me total access to the site via tapatalk...so yes i am experiencing issues

I think you misunderstood the point of the post. We're not talking about a new version of the app, rather the back end portion that allows sites to be displayed on Tapatalk. This site has not been accessible on Tapatalk since the upgrade by IPBoard. 

Just now, Dkoellerwx said:

I think you misunderstood the point of the post. We're not talking about a new version of the app, rather the back end portion that allows sites to be displayed on Tapatalk. This site has not been accessible on Tapatalk since the upgrade by IPBoard. 

yes your right sorry for the misunderstanding...

2 hours ago, ericdabbs said:

Is the site still being upgraded and not detectable via Tapatalk? It has been inconvenient to not be able to use the Tapatalk app to read forums.

Unfortunately the current release of Tapatalk is not working with the current release of IP Board that we are on.  It will supposedly be fixed on the next update of Tapatalk.  But we are still on the 8/17 release when I just checked a few mins ago.  It is out of our hands.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, S4GRU said:

Unfortunately the current release of Tapatalk is not working with the current release of IP Board that we are on.  It will supposedly be fixed on the next update of Tapatalk.  But we are still on the 8/17 release when I just checked a few mins ago.  It is out of our hands.

I had problems last week accessing the site. It said of 404 error not found. But it works now though. That was strange.