Sprint Roaming+ - Coverage Map Update

clbowens

I'm still sorta confused why there are huge chunks of LTE roaming on USCC missing in eastern Oregon. It doesn't seem to be a band issue...

No kidding. All of southern maine and NH is missing USCC LTE on the sprint maps.  Central - northern maine is there though.  i dont really know if there is a band difference between USCC southern maine and USCC central maine.

What i do know is, the coverage for maine on the map now was an area that USCC launched LTE quite awhile ago.  Southern maine only just got USCC LTE late september early october time frame so possibly that explains why areas are missing on the sprint side for now.

Got this today and it updated my carrier to "Sprint 23.1"...mb related to LTE roaming? Did anyone else get this?

attachicon.gif image.png

You upgraded to iOS 9.2 before the carrier bundle update occurred?

Sent from my Gold iPhone 6s Plus 128GB using Tapatalk

I updated to 9.2 then received the carrier update to 23.1.

I have had the 9.2 beta for a few months now so no...

Ok. I'm still on 9.1 so that might explain my lack of Carrier update.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 6s Plus 128GB using Tapatalk

Aww. I was hoping Carolina West Wireless's fledgling LTE network would show up in some way. I guess that's just so new on their end it's gonna be a while before it's added.

Plus I'm not even sure what band it's on. Nothing on their website, no coverage maps, just a list of counties it's available in. It *might* be on B13 as they're in LTEiRA, but since VZW runs a skeleton B13 LTE network through most of their footprint it's probably on their own spectrum. Their website says download speeds from 10-15 mbps, so it's probably a 5x5 or maybe even a 3x3 (would make sense if in CLR). I've tried to get to a store to check on the display phones, but I'm always in Watauga County on Sundays.

They're RRPP and already have reciprocal pseudo-native 3G with Sprint so if/when it is finalized I'm guessing it'll be LTE Roaming+.

Still good news: the vast, vast swaths of USCC LTE in east and west NC are open! I'll be able to test that out in about 3 weeks on a N5X and an HTC E8. I'm finally gonna have service on that annoying stretch of I-40 about halfway from Asheville to Knoxvile!

I drive to Asheville from Knoxville all the time.I guess I have an older phone since I can only get 3G from USCC where Sprint is not available, but I have coverage to whole way,even in the gorge, not to mention parts of WNC.

Sprint must not have quite enabled this yet. I just went through western Illinois and haven't gotten any LTE on uscc, only 3G

If you're using the Nexus 5 you have listed in your profile, then you will not get USCC LTE in their Band 12 only areas. N5 does not do B12 LTE.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

Anyone wanna do this if it hasn't been done yet.  If it has been done, please provide link!

I want a Sprint map that shows "Sprint Spark" coverage that includes the LTE Roaming.  But then I would like to have this map show the 3G roaming as well. 

So have the Spark LTE map in the foreground, and then just put the 3G and More map in the background so we can see the 3G roaming only where LTE and LTE roaming do not exist.

If you're using the Nexus 5 you have listed in your profile, then you will not get USCC LTE in their Band 12 only areas. N5 does not do B12 LTE.

I upgraded to a Note 5 a month ago. I keep forgetting to change that

Anyone wanna do this if it hasn't been done yet. If it has been done, please provide link!

I want a Sprint map that shows "Sprint Spark" coverage that includes the LTE Roaming. But then I would like to have this map show the 3G roaming as well.

So have the Spark LTE map in the foreground, and then just put the 3G and More map in the background so we can see the 3G roaming only where LTE and LTE roaming do not exist.

Premier sponsor section has this.

• Like 1

Spark is now called LTE Plus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really. Spark was Sprint's B41 network. LTE Plus is Sprint B41 with Carrier Aggregation. Areas without Carrier Aggregation are not referred to as having LTE Plus.

Not really. Spark was Sprint's B41 network. LTE Plus is Sprint B41 with Carrier Aggregation. Areas without Carrier Aggregation are not referred to as having LTE Plus.

The way I understood it, LTE plus was areas that have all technologies deployed and on air, ie LTE 800/1900/2500 and CA enabled.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The way I understood it, LTE plus was areas that have all technologies deployed and on air, ie LTE 800/1900/2500 and CA enabled.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

No that cannot be because sprint doesn't have 800 in Seattle but it is an LTE plus market. I think it just means 2.5 with CA/beamforming.

No that cannot be because sprint doesn't have 800 in Seattle but it is an LTE plus market. I think it just means 2.5 with CA/beamforming.

If you go based on the press release, LTE Plus pretty explicitly means triband + CA + beamforming (second paragraph and the bullet points that follow it), so that's odd.