Sprint Roaming+ - Coverage Map Update

clbowens

Anyway, since Robert feels that Roaming+ is not accurately pseudo native, I have had to coin a new term:  quasi pseudo native.  It is about half pseudo native.

AJ

• Like 1

When has Roaming+, which is still very new, ever been presented as LTE roaming?

AJ

I figured it was relative enough considering SI wireless, the carrier im inquiring about, is a roaming+ sprint partner. Im on Tapatalk and it is nearly impossible to find threads on here especially older ones. I legitimately looked for the lte roaming thread before i posted it in this one. Sorry though if posting about a roaming+ carrier in the roaming+ thread is considered "off topic"

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

I figured it was relative enough considering SI wireless, the carrier im inquiring about, is a roaming+ sprint partner. Im on Tapatalk and it is nearly impossible to find threads on here especially older ones. I legitimately looked for the lte roaming thread before i posted it in this one. Sorry though if posting about a roaming+ carrier in the roaming+ thread is considered "off topic"

All we know is that Sprint started implementing off and on network evdo roaming in the middle of the summer.

They then took off the native network indicator on devices for previously on network roaming partners but they're still not counted against roaming caps and now call that roaming+.

Lte is still unknown but presumably messing around with evdo and 1x on network and on network setups is the precursor to lte roaming.

Sent from my LG-H790

You are missing my point.  Your post is not off topic.  But you apparently are expecting LTE from Roaming+.  We have no evidence of that.  The only evidence we have thus far is that Roaming+ provides more EV-DO roaming that does not count against the 300/100 MB roaming data quota.  You should be able to find that discussion earlier in this very thread.

As a suggestion, while S4GRU is a mobile industry focused site, try reading it frequently on something other than a mobile device, especially one using Tapatalk.  Use a browser on a legit computer -- it is much easier to keep up to date with threads in The Forums.

AJ

• Like 3

You are missing my point. Your post is not off topic. But you apparently are expecting LTE from Roaming+. We have no evidence of that. The only evidence we have thus far is that Roaming+ provides more EV-DO roaming that does not count against the 300/100 MB roaming data quota. You should be able to find that discussion earlier in this very thread.

As a suggestion, while S4GRU is a mobile industry focused site, try reading it frequently on something other than a mobile device, especially one using Tapatalk. Use a browser on a legit computer -- it is much easier to keep up to date with threads in The Forums.

AJ

Ok thank you for the info. And i do agree with the computer being easier to use in fact its a lot easier. I just happen to be at a restaurant watching college football so im kinda forced to use Tapatalk [emoji19]. I do appreciate the suggestions though [emoji3]

Anyway, since Robert feels that Roaming+ is not accurately pseudo native, I have had to coin a new term:  quasi pseudo native.  It is about half pseudo native.

AJ

Since when does anyone care about my feelings?  *sniffle*

Ok thank you for the info. And i do agree with the computer being easier to use in fact its a lot easier. I just happen to be at a restaurant watching college football so im kinda forced to use Tapatalk [emoji19]. I do appreciate the suggestions though [emoji3]

That is not a problem.  Most all of us access S4GRU on mobile at times.  I do so each and every day.  Just in my opinion, Tapatalk sucks.  So, on mobile, I use Chrome in desktop site mode for full S4GRU.  And I worry about those who access S4GRU only on mobile.  That makes it difficult to keep up to date with long threads.

AJ

• Like 1

Since when does anyone care about my feelings?  *sniffle*

Okay, Stuart Smalley, maybe we can split the difference.

I have given the matter further consideration.  I feel that any non native Sprint service that does not trigger the roaming indicator should be deemed "pseudo native."  But any non native Sprint service that does trigger the roaming indicator yet does not count against the roaming quota (i.e. Roaming+) should be deemed just "quasi native."

native > pseudo native > quasi native (Roaming+) > roaming > no service

Does that assuage and satisfy your feelings?

;)

AJ

• Like 1

Okay, Stuart Smalley, maybe we can split the difference.

I have given the matter further consideration.  I feel that any non native Sprint service that does not trigger the roaming indicator should be deemed "pseudo native."  But any non native Sprint service that does trigger the roaming indicator yet does not count against the roaming quota (i.e. Roaming+) should be deemed just "quasi native."

native > pseudo native > quasi native (Roaming+) > roaming > no service

Does that assuage and satisfy your feelings?

;)

AJ

8c93d4bad0986568ea12067a6081b2d13dcc048f

• Like 1

8c93d4bad0986568ea12067a6081b2d13dcc048f

Did I say Stuart?  I meant Sally.  Now, do not get too excited there, Sally.

AJ

• Like 1

So, on mobile, I use Chrome in desktop site mode for full S4GRU.

How? I haven't found a way to force the desktop version on mobile. Selecting "request desktop site" in Chrome just reloads the mobile version.

Sent from my Nexus 6

How? I haven't found a way to force the desktop version on mobile. Selecting "request desktop site" in Chrome just reloads the mobile version.

Sent from my Nexus 6

If you scroll down to the bottom of any Mobile Version page you should see a button that says Full Version.

• Like 1

Does Si even have LTE turned on?

Looks like SouthernLinc is getting LTE online on there network. Had been spotted out in the wild. Hope they can do a fast deployment. That is the problem with these carries. Slow LTE deployments.

SI Wireless has patches of LTE. 

http://mymobilenation.com/coverage.php

Click on "MobileNation Coverage" tab.  As for the rest of the SI Wireless operations, that's a personal point of frustration for me for a while. Get funded by Southern Illinois telephone coops, serve Western Kentucky and Tennessee.  :censored:  :censored:  :wall:

There was another map update today. They essentially have removed the sprint spark fair when you zoom in. Spark does look like its live in a lot more cities now though.

Shows a lot more spark in my area where it doesn't exist for me.

Sent from my M8

Still shows it in my area. I normally only see really weak (-110 to -119db) B26 or 3G. Never see B41 or B25. I will just keep putting in trouble tickets. Maybe one day...

I do the same thing at my best friends house - there's nothing there but Verizon 1x lol

I don't know why they have that feature I mean it's not like there are ppl at sprint looking at that

There are people looking at it. Its just in some areas Sprint's hands are tied or its just not a strong enough market for them to give it any attention even if it is congested. Soemtimes its backhaul or lack of workers, permits, equipment. They see the problem and have to wait to fix it. Personally I think every new tower from now on should get 25/26/41 from the beginning. This should be easy in alcuent and samsung markets, Ericsson markets being more difficult because Nokia took over.
  • Like 2