Samsung Galaxy Note 5 User Thread

COZisBack

Well I talked to this lady again and I got pretty damn heated with her, I told her something must be done as it is obviously a hardware issue and something must be done. So she created a ticket with the network team so they can investigate the towers and whatnot to make sure things are good on their end and that something else is not causing the issue. And if it is determined to be a problem that they cannot resolve we can go from there, so maybe a free upgrade? I will gladly take an S7 if that will give me a phone that works like it should. But we shall see waiting to hear back from the network guys and or this lady.

• Like 1

Well I talked to this lady again and I got pretty damn heated with her, I told her something must be done as it is obviously a hardware issue and something must be done. So she created a ticket with the network team so they can investigate the towers and whatnot to make sure things are good on their end and that something else is not causing the issue. And if it is determined to be a problem that they cannot resolve we can go from there, so maybe a free upgrade? I will gladly take an S7 if that will give me a phone that works like it should. But we shall see waiting to hear back from the network guys and or this lady.

I tried the S7 before I switched to the S7 Edge (only did it because of the larger screen) RF was much better than the S7 Edge by a long shot.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I tried the S7 before I switched to the S7 Edge (only did it because of the larger screen) RF was much better than the S7 Edge by a long shot.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Glad to hear, I don't mind going with a smaller screen if I have to.

• Like 1

And if it is determined to be a problem that they cannot resolve we can go from there, so maybe a free upgrade?

Unlikely they offer an upgrade. What is likely going to happen is Sprint will probably offer you to get out of contract so you can switch carriers with no strings attached. I've been offered this before when I had an Evo and could not get data while the iPhone on another line of mine worked perfectly fine.

Personally, I would ask if you can get another brand phone. I left Samsung for the Nexus line and haven't looked back. I always thought I would miss the physical home button, but not really. While I would love to have it on my phone, it is a lot better than dealing with Samsung and the feeling of playing Russian roulette with every update they release.

Unlikely they offer an upgrade. What is likely going to happen is Sprint will probably offer you to get out of contract so you can switch carriers with no strings attached. I've been offered this before when I had an Evo and could not get data while the iPhone on another line of mine worked perfectly fine.

Personally, I would ask if you can get another brand phone. I left Samsung for the Nexus line and haven't looked back. I always thought I would miss the physical home button, but not really. While I would love to have it on my phone, it is a lot better than dealing with Samsung and the feeling of playing Russian roulette with every update they release.

I had an issue a few months ago when I spilled water on my original 5 and was lied to buy store employees to buy the insurance on the phone. Long story short they pushed up my upgrade and by that time I had already went through asurion so I was able to keep it. I can see them swapping phones, they have been pretty good recently it's just getting them to budge is the struggle. And I won't switch carriers even though I threaten them often, there are just no comparable family plans out there, I would be paying almost double for a similar plan not including the cost per month for the phones. No contracts here, haven't had one in years it's all easy pay.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Edited by BlueAngel

Swamp Gas came down from Venus and made my signal better out here in Hawaii. All Three of my Note 5 are performing amazingly and the battery is lasting about 13 hours a day.

Does the Nexus line carry all 3 bands and CA? 

Since MM update my Note 5 does see 3G a lot more and doesn't seem to have as strong of a signal. Looking to upgrade later this year and wondering if I should consider Nexus as one of them.

Just got off the phone with the "network guy", he had me do a few things on the phone and reset my line on their end all to end up back in the same situation. However he was quite impressed with my knowledge on hardware and software we had a good clean techy talk which was refreshing compared to talking to these other people lol. But bottom line is it's a hardware issue with the phones and so he is gonna recommend they replace the phone considering I had my replacement and it's still the same song and dance albeit slightly worse now. He mentioned the Galaxy S6 Edge had similar problems and it was fixed with a software update but there haven't been any reports of a similar issue on the Note 5. So waiting to hear back from my "case" worker lol to see what my options are. Btw I know some people have been asking not sure if it was in this thread or not but reporting network issues in the Sprint Zone app does work but only if they get frequent and multiple reports of issues, so if you're constantly reporting issues they will look into it at some point.

I actually can't believe the progress I have made on this situation, never thought I would get this far up the ladder and actually get the ball rolling. :lol:

Edited by BlueAngel
  • Like 2

Just got off the phone with the "network guy", he had me do a few things on the phone and reset my line on their end all to end up back in the same situation. However he was quite impressed with my knowledge on hardware and software we had a good clean techy talk which was refreshing compared to talking to these other people lol. But bottom line is it's a hardware issue with the phones and so he is gonna recommend they replace the phone considering I had my replacement and it's still the same song and dance albeit slightly worse now. He mentioned the Galaxy S6 Edge had similar problems and it was fixed with a software update but there haven't been any reports of a similar issue on the Note 5. So waiting to hear back from my "case" worker lol to see what my options are. Btw I know some people have been asking not sure if it was in this thread or not but reporting network issues in the Sprint Zone app does work but only if they get frequent and multiple reports of issues, so if you're constantly reporting issues they will look into it at some point.

I actually can't believe the progress I have made on this situation, never thought I would get this far up the ladder and actually get the ball rolling. :lol:

that's awesome news. Today I had no lte off an on for about five minute's in an area with great signal. Also my gps has been having issues as well. I might see about a new phone or just stick this out till note 6. Not sure What other phone to get.

My girlfriend note 5 on Verizon is doing good.

Well I finally heard back from Sprint, they told me they wanted me to bring the replacement phone to a service place again... ugh dummy we did that before on the other one... So I screamed at this lady for a few good minutes and said just give me a different phone. So she caved and pushed my upgrade to today and I am sending back my Note 5 and they will wipe what I owed on it, so I have a new S7 as of now. Only had to pay taxes on the phone and she is going to wipe the activation fee for me as well. Wish it hadn't come down to this I loved my Note 5 but there are obviously issues with it. Best of luck all. :)

I can't win this S7 is having the same issue's, has to be a tower issue ugh.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

All that and it's a tower issue? That was a lot of wasted time and energy, except for maybe getting a new phone out of it, albeit a smaller one that you didn't really want in the first place.

All that and it's a tower issue? That was a lot of wasted time and energy, except for maybe getting a new phone out of it, albeit a smaller one that you didn't really want in the first place.

Yeah I am kind of sick to my stomach over this, waiting to hear back from my lady again to try and reverse this crap I don't want this phone. It's a nice phone but it's no Note 5 and it's too small I feel like I am going to break it.

well then most of the towers in colorado are crappy cause I'm still having those same issue's. This phone is screwed up. I was next to a site and it was stuck on band 26 with a -50ish signal and bars on phone said no bars. Go figure. That's just the latest.

Still having gps issues and google maps freezes so much more still.

I was just at a local deli and low and behold I am on 3G and it stayed on 3G until I was a good mile away from there, pathetic. Brand new different phone, same problems. Wasn't even using data either so nothing was holding it up from switching back to LTE. Noticed my Note 5 was pulling better dBm as well compard to the S7 lol which is crazy, S7 is at 121dBm on B41 whereas my Note 5 would be on B41 at around 114dBm, can't compare Note 5 is still great it's the towers it has to be can't be anything else because I have tried everything else at this point. :angry:

Edited by BlueAngel

I'm in Louisiana and mine doesn't pick up as good as it did before the marshmallow update.

I proved it wasn't the Marshmallow update when I installed Lollipop and the service was just the same. Something is going on everywhere and it's probably not just related to the Note 5.