Samsung Galaxy Note 5 User Thread

COZisBack

Not gonna lie, my phone seems slightly better than before, not losing LTE as often but its still not like it was. Still going onto 3G in places I haven't before.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Combination of a screwed up update and probably network issues. It is hard to conceive how bad they screwed up on a lot of these updates. I guess I'm one of the lucky few.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Combination of a screwed up update and probably network issues. It is hard to conceive how bad they screwed up on a lot of these updates. I guess I'm one of the lucky few.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Quite possibly.

So they want me to go into a service store so they can look at the phone, this should be interesting. I told them im not spending a dime out of pocket and if it has to go out to service im not going to be without a phone. Time to play hardball.

• Like 1

So they want me to go into a service store so they can look at the phone, this should be interesting. I told them im not spending a dime out of pocket and if it has to go out to service im not going to be without a phone. Time to play hardball.

You cant go back to lollipop from marshmallow because the bootloader/firmware is different and the bootloader wont let you.

How did you reinstall lollipop or marshmallow?

You can only reinstall to the current firmware you have

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

You cant go back to lollipop from marshmallow because the bootloader/firmware is different and the bootloader wont let you.

How did you reinstall lollipop or marshmallow?

You can only reinstall to the current firmware you have

You can, I used odin and downloaded the file for 5.1.1 flashed no problem.

You can, I used odin and downloaded the file for 5.1.1 flashed no problem.

I see. I guess they didnt restrict people from downgrading back . Honestly i doubt its the android software

My brothers note5 is perfectly fine with his lte signal and he has a Custom Rom with his basband on the latest. PE something.. i forget. He has sprint b41 or clearwires b41 most or almost all the time. And b25 here and there.

I hope your issues get resolvedd

I see. I guess they didnt restrict people from downgrading back . Honestly i doubt its the android software

My brothers note5 is perfectly fine with his lte signal and he has a Custom Rom with his basband on the latest. PE something.. i forget. He has sprint b41 or clearwires b41 most or almost all the time. And b25 here and there.

I hope your issues get resolvedd

Somethings definitely wrong for sure.

I compared the RF (in RSRP) of my newly acquired used Note 5 to the RF of an S4T (who many regard as a strong RF device), they are pretty equal. When I do lose LTE, it seems to go back to LTE fairly quick. This is weird that some are having RF issues and others are not.

Got a call today, twice actually. Lady said it could be a bad software install blah blah blah, told her I have done numerous installs to no avail. Got a new sim card as well, didn't do a damn thing. So she is gonna contact Samsung and Google about the issue, I think at some point they're just gonna replace the phone at least that is what it's looking like. Will let you all know more information when I get it.

Edited by BlueAngel
  • Like 1

And another thought, it's obviously not just an isolated issue to Sprint Note 5's, my friend and his wife on Verizon are having rf issues as well, they more or less see 3G as much as me it's a serious problem and I think marshmallow just made a hardware issue even worse.

And I totally lost LTE connectivity, I'll be connected but no data forcing the phone to 3G mode works wth... don't know if it's a tower issue or not but this keeps getting better and better. OK well down detector says there are massive outages across the country, great.

Fastest 3G I've ever seen howevere640a8b480be41adb534cd9d56fa50e7.jpg

Edited by BlueAngel

And I totally lost LTE connectivity, I'll be connected but no data forcing the phone to 3G mode works wth... don't know if it's a tower issue or not but this keeps getting better and better. OK well down detector says there are massive outages across the country, great.

Fastest 3G I've ever seen howevere640a8b480be41adb534cd9d56fa50e7.jpg

3G has been performing that way for quite a while now. It's great in overloaded areas when all connections are timing out and most people aren't aware they can turn off 4G. (Vz, ATT, TM and S)

• Like 2

3G has been performing that way for quite a while now. It's great in overloaded areas when all connections are timing out and most people aren't aware they can turn off 4G. (Vz, ATT, TM and S)

Not for me lol, this is a first 3G is always unusable for the most part.

Not for me lol, this is a first 3G is always unusable for the most part.

well mine dropped to 3g then i did a profile update and then it kept saying searching for service for I'm not kidding a good two solid minutes until i decided to restart phone. I normally have lte but since update drops to 3g

Ugh so I finally snapped today on the ceo line, they were supposed to cal me back yesterday from when I talked to them Saturday but never did. But I let that go, long story short they had a live chat going with samsung telling me to try this and try that which did nothing and a lot of them have nothing to do with network settings. So there comes a point where they offered to send it to samsung and I would be out of a phone for 2 weeks at the earliest and I would have to buy a cheap phone if I wanted a phone in the meantime or borrow a friends other phone. I wasn't having that so after asking if there were any other options I was told no so I told them I would just switch to a different carrier and hung up. Hour passes by and I get another call, saying they can credit me up to $100 for a beater phone in the meantime *click*. I use my phone for a lot of business at work I can't have a crappy android phone with hardware from 4 years ago, so that's where I was until I got home from work a few minutes ago. Still being pissed off I decided to go back on twitter and bitch them out more or less for taking the same steps I could have done myself to troubleshoot my phone and another ceo person called back and I think they finally get it. They're now going to see if they can't send me a replacement through my "Total Equipment Protection" at no cost. FINALLY, not that I am positive that will even fix my issues but it's a step in the right direction. At that point I would just say screw it and hold out for the Note 6 in August. We shall see though I will report back with any updates as always.

BTW, there are no matches for the $100 unlimited family plan I have now $140 for unlimited through T-Mobile is a joke don't get me started on a 18GB plan from Verizon or a similar plan from AT&T. Kinda inbetween a rock and a hard place there.

Well lo and behold they're sending a replacement phone out! Should have it tomorrow going by Asurions shipping schedule, this is awesome. Now let's hope this one doesn't have the same problem and if it comes with lollipop it's staying on it lol.

Well lo and behold they're sending a replacement phone out! Should have it tomorrow going by Asurions shipping schedule, this is awesome. Now let's hope this one doesn't have the same problem and if it comes with lollipop it's staying on it lol.

Report back your results.

I would do this but don't have insurance.

Report back your results.

I would do this but don't have insurance.

I surely will, I'll be able to tell a rf difference right away as on my desk my phone is on B41 around ~110-114 dBm, anything under than that will be and improvement and if it's on lollipop it may be even better who knows. But the real test will be the drive to work which won't happen until Tuesday lol 3 day weekends.

And the struggle to make this happen is probably not worth it lol, I am just glad I am done dealing with them. If it doesn't fix it to hell with it bring on the Note 6.

Edited by BlueAngel

I surely will, I'll be able to tell a rf difference right away as on my desk my phone is on B41 around ~110-114 dBm, anything under than that will be and improvement and if it's on lollipop it may be even better who knows. But the real test will be the drive to work which won't happen until Tuesday lol 3 day weekends.

And the struggle to make this happen is probably not worth it lol, I am just glad I am done dealing with them. If it doesn't fix it to hell with it bring on the Note 6.

well im glad you stuck to your guns and didn't back down.

I really hope replacement has lollipop. But I'm the same way ready for note 6

well im glad you stuck to your guns and didn't back down.

I really hope replacement has lollipop. But I'm the same way ready for note 6

As am I, almost gave up for a bit lol. I highly doubt it will have Lollipop but you never know.