Samsung Galaxy Note 5 User Thread

COZisBack

Damn just my luck, won't have my new phone until Tuesday stupid holiday lol. Just shipped out this morning.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Aren't those next day deliveries?

Damn just my luck, won't have my new phone until Tuesday stupid holiday lol. Just shipped out this morning.

Just to think u could have had your new phone days ago if they just would have sent u a replacement from the get go!! SMH.. [emoji35]

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Who Cares. You guys are just cluttering this blog with useless information. Admin you should just delete the last two pages of useless comments. One user isolated problem does not constitute the need for everyone else having to read all this useless information. Especially since multiple users reported that their phone was not experiencing any issues.  

• Like 2

Who Cares. You guys are just cluttering this blog with useless information. Admin you should just delete the last two pages of useless comments. One user isolated problem does not constitute the need for everyone else having to read all this useless information. Especially since multiple users reported that their phone was not experiencing any issues.

multiple users are experiencing problems. Isn't this what the thread is for? I'm enjoying reading what is going on with the issues with our phones and the ways of getting through to sprint and or samsung to fix the problem. I don't think it's useless information. You know you can not read it right? You don't have to click on this thread you know right?

Sorry but admin should not delete the pages. What's the point?

Well im still experiencing issue's and i will still post it on here.

Take care.

I'm not trying to be a jerk but your opinion is just that. Opinion. Just don't read this thread.

• Like 4

Maybe you should just reread the last two pages and realize it's not just one isolated user problem. It's been helpful to see the process that this one user has gone through so that others may begin the same process to get the info out that it is more than one user.

• Like 4

So i just unplugged my phone and started playing candy crush (yes i said it) and within a minute i went from 100%to 95% wtf

Its the app. Not the phone. Candy crush uses alot of resources. And any game uses up alot of cpu and gpu usage anyway. If you had custom kernel you can change few settings to use resources efficiently. For ex. Undervolting the cpu frequencies.. exynos cpu is much more efficient than snapdragon. So be happy :)

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I think its a handful of users experiencing problems. def not all users. It can be multiple reasons for their problems. I know for sure my brother with note 5 is not experiencing any. He loves it. He would never trade his phone for my note 4 also haha. I hope you guys figure out the problems tho :)

I think its a handful of users experiencing problems. def not all users. It can be multiple reasons for their problems. I know for sure my brother with note 5 is not experiencing any. He loves it. He would never trade his phone for my note 4 also haha. I hope you guys figure out the problems tho :)

Crazy thing is though it's not just a Sprint problem, my friends on Verizon are experiencing the same problem and normally Verizon has LTE everywhere, butt since marshmallow they see 3G in places they have never seen it before. Tonight my friend was over my house and tried to play some music and low and behold his phone was on 1x not even 3G, and as I said he's on Verizon, my house is never that way for him. It's definitely not a isolated issue, it's a hardware problem with the Note 5, which is crazy because I haven't heard of issues with the S6 which shares the same chip set. Minus the extra GB of RAM.

Edited by BlueAngel

I just started seeing my note 5 getting weker lte signal on my couch at home ,it use full signal . Drops 3g lot spots i use get lte but i dont know if its anetwork problem because after mm update still great signal now its almost like my note 4 was.

I just started seeing my note 5 getting weker lte signal on my couch at home ,it use full signal . Drops 3g lot spots i use get lte but i dont know if its anetwork problem because after mm update still great signal now its almost like my note 4 was.

I believe it to be a hardware problem that unfortunately marshmallow made it worse over time.

Im thinking they did something to tower were i live i use get -96to -98 now its -103 to -108 . I never seen it this high ever since i upgraded 2 note 5 . Its close what my note 4 was getting. Hope note 7 is way better in antenna strength.

Crazy thing is though it's not just a Sprint problem, my friends on Verizon are experiencing the same problem and normally Verizon has LTE everywhere, butt since marshmallow they see 3G in places they have never seen it before. Tonight my friend was over my house and tried to play some music and low and behold his phone was on 1x not even 3G, and as I said he's on Verizon, my house is never that way for him. It's definitely not a isolated issue, it's a hardware problem with the Note 5, which is crazy because I haven't heard of issues with the S6 which shares the same chip set. Minus the extra GB of RAM.

Yeah i know what you mean. But it could be either the baseband/software problem or the hardware. Im just saying its not statistically significant and its some of the phones that were manufactured that have the problems but Not all phones. It mostly likely be hardware problems. The reason could be because when using exynos chips, the modem is separate from the cpu by using qualcomm modem because its usually SoC. That is because Verizon and Sprint uses CDMA techinology and qualcomm is mostly responsible for providing the modem for it. I hope the people that have the problems get it fixed somehow either by replacement or something. I hope the best for yall

Well the phone came from Sprint and not Asurion like I thought it would, showing more or less the same signal strength. Great back to square one... Guess it's off to the Note 6/7 next month.

Damn that sucks!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Well the phone came from Sprint and not Asurion like I thought it would, showing more or less the same signal strength. Great back to square one... Guess it's off to the Note 6/7 next month.

Maybe it's time to switch brands. Samsung has gone downhill in RF quality with each variant they release. The last decent phone was the S4.

Maybe it's time to switch brands. Samsung has gone downhill in RF quality with each variant they release. The last decent phone was the S4.

I agree, I can beat myself for getting the S7 Edge on a lease. It's worse than my Note 5 believe it or not.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Note 5 was an RF monster though, then it just went down hill.

Plus side with activating this new phone, included in the email was the MSL code. :)

Edited by BlueAngel

This phone is definitely worse than the other one, I'm pretty much on 3G all day now at work... so just want to smash it on the ground, don't really know where to go from here. I'm gonna try and use my original sim from my first phone and see if that makes any difference. Really at a loss here.

Oh and phone just did this for 10 minutes no service when my coworker on Sprint with a G4 was on LTE.

XnWos7n.png

Edited by lilotimz