Moto X 2015 "Pure Edition" [users thread]

nexuss4g

The same way you requested the first one, let them know if you can cancel the current order and request the new SIM that david279 provided on the screenshot

I was able to do this but i didn't cancel my first order just in case.

Man, what a mission....if it wasnt for that item number, Sprint will downright DENY it is not possible to activate ANY phone not sold by them/ for them. Sheesh.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

The only thing that Sprint Order Support needs is the SKU: CZ2144LWC. You can also confirm with them that the UPC ends in ...40146 as that is the important part of a UPC.

The biggest issue with Sprint is that their agents think that we are referring to the original Moto X (2013), even though we tell them Moto X Pure Edition.  So that is not helping the situation.

The only thing that Sprint Order Support needs is the SKU: CZ2144LWC. You can also confirm with them that the UPC ends in ...40146 as that is the important part of a UPC.

The biggest issue with Sprint is that their agents think that we are referring to the original Moto X (2013), even though we tell them Moto X Pure Edition. So that is not helping the situation.

Exactly this. The first time i called they told me they had no way of checking a Sku number. At least now, with the item number listed here, they found something! Hope it works and i don't waste $400+ down the drain.

Ok, I've been out of the loop for a bit.  Now, with the Moto X Pure, when I was reading the specs I saw all of Sprints LTE Bands shown, I'm going to guess all of Sprints CDMA bands also are on there.  My question is if this is truly the case for this phone?

Ok, I've been out of the loop for a bit.  Now, with the Moto X Pure, when I was reading the specs I saw all of Sprints LTE Bands shown, I'm going to guess all of Sprints CDMA bands also are on there.  My question is if this is truly the case for this phone?

Yup, The Moto X Pure works on Sprint.

Thanks to info from nexuss4g, bill875, and others, I got my MXPE activated this morning. 

I called the Sprint store in the Lakewood Mall, Southern California asking if they have the correct SIM for it and after a hold, I was told no, but that they could find another one that might work.  So I took my phone in, unopened, and was helped by the store's asst manager, Erick Bustillo.  Erick did everything, including locating the correct SIM that matches the info in this thread.  At first, he couldn't activate it so he called customer service, who told him it didn't have a valid imei.  They told him to send me home to do it online.  So he tried it online himself and it didn't work. 

I told him about the "leave one digit off the end" and voila.  I think he was as happy as I was.

If by chance you are in So Cal and you need this done, check with Erick.  I can't be sure he has more of those SIMs but he sure hooked me up.

Loving this phone so far.  I hope this helps.

• Like 4

Thanks to info from nexuss4g, bill875, and others, I got my MXPE activated this morning.

I called the Sprint store in the Lakewood Mall, Southern California asking if they have the correct SIM for it and after a hold, I was told no, but that they could find another one that might work. So I took my phone in, unopened, and was helped by the store's asst manager, Erick Bustillo. Erick did everything, including locating the correct SIM that matches the info in this thread. At first, he couldn't activate it so he called customer service, who told him it didn't have a valid imei. They told him to send me home to do it online. So he tried it online himself and it didn't work.

I told him about the "leave one digit off the end" and voila. I think he was as happy as I was.

If by chance you are in So Cal and you need this done, check with Erick. I can't be sure he has more of those SIMs but he sure hooked me up.

Loving this phone so far. I hope this helps.

Awesome to know! So he used this exact same SIM and activated via Sprint online? ....cool 62ba2ad99edd43cfad224169e8f4fbef.jpg

Finally activated my phone, went online to activate and the IMEI was recognized, entered the UCCID and hit enter, got the message to contact chat support. Spent around an hour to get it activated and its finally working. The rep had to remove the Global Roaming add on in order to activate. 

Only thing is that I no longer get LTE 41 at the office, used to be able to connect with the Moto X 2014 so stuck in 3G  :(

Finally activated my phone, went online to activate and the IMEI was recognized, entered the UCCID and hit enter, got the message to contact chat support. Spent around an hour to get it activated and its finally working. The rep had to remove the Global Roaming add on in order to activate.

Only thing is that I no longer get LTE 41 at the office, used to be able to connect with the Moto X 2014 so stuck in 3G :(

Do you get b41 anywhere else??

Then it sounds like the radio on this phone isn't as good, which AJ pointed out in the testing numbers.

Well I remember that the Moto X 2014 had antenna enhancements.

Check out --> http://www.anandtech.com/show/8491/the-new-moto-x-intial-impressions-and-hands-on/2

Then it sounds like the radio on this phone isn't as good, which AJ pointed out in the testing numbers.

Let's not jump to that conclusion just yet. It may very well be true. But this is just one anecdotal observation at one spot. Many reasons why that could have occurred. Let's hold judgment for a few observations.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

• Like 2

Did I ever publicly post my 2014-2015 Motorola flagship handset RF testing figures spreadsheet?  It may already be in this thread, but I cannot recall.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EVoM9I5cC0kFucQZ_H2YF22EBZX4fzQOmLm50QokRg8/edit?usp=sharing

AJ

• Like 1

Did I ever publicly post my 2014-2015 Motorola flagship handset RF testing figures spreadsheet? It may already be in this thread, but I cannot recall.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EVoM9I5cC0kFucQZ_H2YF22EBZX4fzQOmLm50QokRg8/edit?usp=sharing

AJ

Back at post 139. We'll see how it plays out in the wild.

That makes B25 look slightly worse and B26/41 about the same. So they should be expected to be similar. But real world results may vary.

Using Tapatalk on BlackBerry Z30

on to day five with this phone and still no sprint service, two incorrect SIMs, trying to get a third sent to me.  I've shared with online support the SIM information from this thread, but it hasn't seemed to help.

My frustration level is through the roof.  I wanted to go to my Sprint store on Saturday, but online support promised me that they would handle it.  By Sunday morning, I had a shipping number and it got delivered late today, only to not work.  Even worse, this SIM won't even see the Sprint network.  At least the first one did that!  Earliest I can visit a Sprint store is Friday due to work and family schedules.

One Store visit, two different online chats, and 15 hrs+ of working with @SprintCare on twitter.  What a joke...

/rant

Hopefully I'll have another SIM tomorrow that will work...

on to day five with this phone and still no sprint service, two incorrect SIMs, trying to get a third sent to me. I've shared with online support the SIM information from this thread, but it hasn't seemed to help.

My frustration level is through the roof. I wanted to go to my Sprint store on Saturday, but online support promised me that they would handle it. By Sunday morning, I had a shipping number and it got delivered late today, only to not work. Even worse, this SIM won't even see the Sprint network. At least the first one did that! Earliest I can visit a Sprint store is Friday due to work and family schedules.

One Store visit, two different online chats, and 15 hrs+ of working with @SprintCare on twitter. What a joke...

/rant

Hopefully I'll have another SIM tomorrow that will work...

Did you get this SIM: 764fd9bc6dd927f97010e127710f23de.jpg

???

I'm still waiting for a new order number to validate, i sent all that info to @SprintCare in a DM both Saturday afternoon and again tonight.

That's weird man. I got on the phone with them 2 times only. First time like 12 minutes and the second time like 15 minutes. Second time they found the correct SIM and was shipped overnight.

That's weird man. I got on the phone with them 2 times only. First time like 12 minutes and the second time like 15 minutes. Second time they found the correct SIM and was shipped overnight.

I spent an hour in the store on Friday afternoon (wrong SIM #1), an hour with online support Friday night, 12hrs via twitter on Saturday, another hour on Sunday, next day shipping got me (wrong SIM #2).  Another two hours via twitter tonight, we'll see what tomorrow brings.

I huge thanks to bill875 for his post. After 3 days and (3) three overnighted nano sim cards from sprint and talking to (5) five so called "techs" I decided to cal my local Best Buy Mobile to see if they had the card that bill875 mentioned and they did. So I stopped by, went home and activated my Moto X Pure Edition, which I bought directly from Motorola. I had to drop the last digit of the MEID, but other than that it activated in minutes. Below is a copy of the receipt and nano sim card you will need:

Sprint UPC# 019962040146

Sprint Part# SIMGLW446C

Best Buy Mobile UPC# 7000116

post-60906-0-61154000-1442366366_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I huge thanks to bill875 for his post. After 3 days and (3) three overnighted nano sim cards from sprint and talking to (5) five so called "techs" I decided to cal my local Best Buy Mobile to see if they had the card that bill875 mentioned and they did. So I stopped by, went home and activated my Moto X Pure Edition, which I bought directly from Motorola. I had to drop the last digit of the MEID, but other than that it activated in minutes. Below is a copy of the receipt and nano sim card you will need:

Sprint UPC# 019962040146

Sprint Part# SIMGLW446C

Best Buy Mobile UPC# 7000116

attachicon.gif IMG_20150915_203158763-min.jpg

Now tell us your experience after activation! :) signal, hiccups, issues, anything! :D

• Like 3

Now tell us your experience after activation! :) signal, hiccups, issues, anything! :D

So far no issues either on the 3G or LTE side... I live in rural southern maryland with only 3G, but was up in a LTE area this evening and so far so good. Call quality was excellent, calls were clear, not a single hiccup yet. I was reading on PocketNow that there are supposed speaker issue with cracking etc from the top speaker, but I have had no issues. I jammed my speakers as loud as they could go with full base and I must say I was impressed. Overall build quality is higher than I expected.

I went with the black front, red highlights and natural leather and oh boy I love it... I am coming from a nexus 5, which I have had for almost 2 years and was waiting to get the new one on 9/29, but I gave in and I must say I am so happy that I did.

• Like 3