S4GRU Members Average Monthly Data Usage (with Poll)

Arysyn

S4GRU Members Average Monthly Data Usage  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Your Average Monthly Data Usage, is

I should have clarified that I offload to Wifi whenever I'm home as well. I usually travel Mon-Thurs for work each week with limited wifi availability. I have two weeks at home this upcoming billing cycle, so it will be interesting to see usage for this next one. :)

I have three lines, we typically go to 5 GB or less altogether. I cut us down to 8 GB shared when I realized the only months when we went over that (max 10.3 GB ) were when I was downloading custom roms over LTE. If I just don't do that we can save a ton of money. At one point we were paying close to $200 a month for three lines, now it's down to $115

Edited by djw39

My understanding of the poll -- though this was not explicitly stated -- is that it is intended to assess data usage per line, not per account, not per person across multiple lines/accounts.  Arysyn, is that correct?  If so, I am afraid that the poll now contains a contaminated data set.  Some users answered per line; others answered in total.

AJ

• Like 2

My understanding of the poll -- though this was not explicitly stated -- is that it is intended to assess data usage per line, not per account, not per person across multiple lines/accounts.  Arysyn, is that correct?  If so, I am afraid that the poll now contains a contaminated data set.  Some users answered per line; others answered in total.

AJ

I answered based on my personal line.  Of all lines, we average between 20-30GBs a month, on a 6-line account.  I do believe that some have answered with entire account usage, instead of per line usage.

AJ

AJ is correct. I meant this to be per individual, as I'm assuming not everyone has a family plan.

I'm very anti- multiple line "shared" data plans, as it can cause conflict in groups where some people go over their pre-arranged data consumption agreements. I'm in favor of a streamlined individual plan where people get more data for less money, rather than relying on buckets of shared data for value. Ever since Verizon took the initiative to eliminate individual plans with unlimited data, the pricing of individual lines has skyrocketed, all with the exception of Sprint, which is something I wholeheartedly respect Sprint for leading the way on forward standing strongly behind truly wonderful individual plan pricing. Even their shared data packages are worthwhile for individuals, if they need the tethering, but don't want to be forced into data sharing.

• Like 3

Unfortunately, the polled data set may have been polluted by some unintended responses about total data, not per line data.  But that is at least partly the fault of ambiguous instructions in the opening post.  Regardless, the data set may be large enough now that any spurious entries will not alter the overall trends.  So, I will leave this graphic for viewing, then follow up with some analysis tomorrow.

2ur57oj.png

AJ

• Like 3

The reason I wasn't more specific about this in the initial post, is that I thought the title as pretty self explanatory, being the monthly usage, not monthly plan, members have. Nor did I indicate anything about group usage.

However, it seems most people understood what I meant. If anyone has a criticism towards me not being specific enough, then stop complaining about my posts being too long or novel-like.

The reason I wasn't more specific about this in the initial post, is that I thought the title as pretty self explanatory, being the monthly usage, not monthly plan, members have. Nor did I indicate anything about group usage.

Actualy the Title isn't that self explanatory as you claim.
The title states "S4GRU members Average Monthly Data Usage" 
That can be viewed as per line or per account. Plus your intial post states "This poll post here is that I'm hoping will help start a discussion of data usage habits and such, while it also would be interesting to see how much data Sprint gets through its network from people on this site." That to me is not asking data per line but how much data (thereby indicating all data from all lines) from the account holder going through Sprint.

As for this statement...

However, it seems most people understood what I meant. If anyone has a criticism towards me not being specific enough, then stop complaining about my posts being too long or novel-like.

One does not have to have long (novel-like) posts to outlined their points or agenda. A simple paragraph can spell out the specific details in this case. As for complaints about long posts, these are mainly from fellow members. Staff then intervenes and followup on them.    

TS

• Like 5

If anyone has a criticism towards me not being specific enough, then stop complaining about my posts being too long or novel-like.

There is a difference between a concise post and a long post with irrelevant fluff.

• Like 2

There is a difference between a concise post and a long post with irrelevant fluff.

None of my posts have been irrelevant. A concise post is fine when one figures they can put enough detail in a short amount of space. Although considering my history with people asking me question after question when I've tried to be concise, I've preferred to be more detailed in the beginning, so less questions or worse, false assumptions made about what I said because I didn't give enough detail to something I've said when I tried to be concise to them.

Actualy the Title isn't that self explanatory as you claim.
The title states "S4GRU members Average Monthly Data Usage" 
That can be viewed as per line or per account. Plus your intial post states "This poll post here is that I'm hoping will help start a discussion of data usage habits and such, while it also would be interesting to see how much data Sprint gets through its network from people on this site." That to me is not asking data per line but how much data (thereby indicating all data from all lines) from the account holder going through Sprint.

As for this statement...

One does not have to have long (novel-like) posts to outlined their points or agenda. A simple paragraph can spell out the specific details in this case. As for complaints about long posts, these are mainly from fellow members. Staff then intervenes and followup on them.    

TS

My title couldn't possibly imply to the account holder, in the state of multiple people in their account, as again, not everyone has multiple lines, nor does everyone on S4GRU have other members here on the site on their accounts. As far as I know, everyone here has their own accounts separate from each other. Anyone who isn't a member here, does not qualify for the poll. Only S4GRU members do. So rationally speaking, one line of usage from each member, key word here still is usage, not total amount of data purchased or used by others on the account.  

I'll go see if I can find how much. I'm positive I use a lot.

From January and back, I was through straight talk.

I thought I used a lot in a month. I use 10-15 Gb because of Speedtest.net but I don't live in an area with a lot of Sprint coverage. I only have 1xRTT most of the time. I would love to have Spark while in my house I would use it all the time. BUT Dang 141 GB. 

I would love to answer the poll, but my response would be flawed since LTE in my neck of the woods is still somewhat spotty and unreliable so I am on wifi most of the time (work & home) thankfully. Anyway I am a firm believer in offloading to wifi whenever I can as well.

• Like 1

My title couldn't possibly imply to the account holder, in the state of multiple people in their account, as again, not everyone has multiple lines, nor does everyone on S4GRU have other members here on the site on their accounts. As far as I know, everyone here has their own accounts separate from each other. Anyone who isn't a member here, does not qualify for the poll. Only S4GRU members do. So rationally speaking, one line of usage from each member, key word here still is usage, not total amount of data purchased or used by others on the account.  

I am sorry, Arysyn, but twospirits is right.  Your title and instructions are vague.  Additionally, you are making assumptions about S4GRU members that are incorrect.

A large number of members here have multiple lines or devices -- personal, business, tablet, hotspot, etc.  Furthermore, some of them have multiple lines on Sprint and other providers -- or have no Sprint service at all.  For example, our very own Robert answered with usage from his AT&T and/or VZW lines.  Because it is not Sprint, should that have been excluded from the poll?  It was not explicitly stated so.

So, your title and instructions have holes.  Do not take it personally.  Just admit that your intentions and directions do not fully match up.  We can always run the poll again, and likely most of the same membership would participate.

AJ

• Like 3

While I stand by my wording regarding the individual vs the whole account issue, AJ does have a good point regarding I should have clarified a distinction between how much data is used as a whole with Sprint in contrast as a whole altogether Monthly, regardless of carrier, which I hadn't taken into consideration, that I can definitely understand the confusion on. I apologize for that.

I'm interested in monthly usage altogether, considering my recent posts regarding my interests in a financially reasonable per GB rate plan as a feasible alternative to unlimited plans. Although it also is interesting to know about Sprint usage as this is a Sprint information site. I think it is a good idea to have separate polls for both, and perhaps one for monthly plan purchases as well.

I typically use 3-5GB on my cellular iPad. On my iPhone I only use about 500MB of my monthly 5GB plan - the rest gets "banked". (Goes towards my fixed-installation LTE CPE at home)

I didn't participate in the poll since I'm outside the U.S. and don't want to skew the results.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've got 4 lines with Sprint, 3 of which average about 2 to 4 GB/month each. The 4th line is a tablet, and averages about 1GB/Mo. About 10GB/Mo combined.  I've got a 40BG shared plan (with hotspot) and am paying only $146/month.  Win/Win: Good price, no worries.  :tu:

Edit: Arysyn, see how concise, yet complete that was? ;)