T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

lilotimz

Of course; John is like "Verizon and AT&T was given spectrum, why can't I have any?  :( " He is so egotistical I can't stand it.

We want more low band spectrum.  Give us some of that low band spectrum!

AJ

• Like 9

https://twitter.com/johnlegere/status/643989290637238272

Legere is tired of the SprintSavings Twitter account.

I'm not bashing Sprint by saying this, but Sprint's social media advertisement, social media support and outreach really need a major improvement. While the network is getting much better, it just seems that Sprint on social media, such as Facebook for instance, agitates people with constant scripted messages, particularly in response to complaints made by people there on Facebook.

Despite that we all know not all of those people are genuine Sprint customers and that many of them are complaining about issues clearly with Sprint's past, not present, there still are some genuine complaints there, which could be better addressed by Sprint's social media team rather than scripted responses that are written in a way to annoy people in need of genuine help.

Then again, I think it might be a good idea if Sprint did something bold, like the possibility of making a clear, concise one-time statement saying they will no longer address customer complaints on social media in any way, and that if customers have a problem, contact customer service or technical support by phone or email. Sprint also could add to this by addressing its attackers by some sort of statement like "Give us a break", only something better than that. I certainly can understand Sprint's frustrations with the bias attackers in the media, etc., which perhaps when introducing a new social media policy would also be a good time to address the unfair, outdated attacks as well.

I don't know if a Sprint Bot is the best plan either but it's better than what was there before which was minimal social media presence.

I can see how having less social media presence likely a bad thing for many companies. Yet, maybe not for Sprint. I'm envisioning a concept advertisement Sprint could make as a commercial on television and an online video, where Sprint makes a point of wanting to use its resources to focus on direct interactions with customers, rather than be monitoring Facebook and other social media sites. They could work the network into it, maybe even something comical where an engineer is sitting at a desk responding to Facebook comments, with a Sprint announcer saying something like...

" Would you rather he or she sit there responding to online comments on our Facebook? NO! Of course you wouldn't! Our engineers do best while they are at one of our ever expanding network sites, building you, our respected Sprint customers, a better network, everyday. So, instead of having our great customer service staff responding to online comments, we have them right where you can contact them, by phone or email. Same with technical support. Sprint, getting better and less scripted everyday"... Okay, without that last part, though some sarcastic joke against the unfair, bias criticizers would be nice.

I can see how having less social media presence likely a bad thing for many companies. Yet, maybe not for Sprint. I'm envisioning a concept advertisement Sprint could make as a commercial on television and an online video, where Sprint makes a point of wanting to use its resources to focus on direct interactions with customers, rather than be monitoring Facebook and other social media sites. They could work the network into it, maybe even something comical where an engineer is sitting at a desk responding to Facebook comments, with a Sprint announcer saying something like...

" Would you rather he or she sit there responding to online comments on our Facebook? NO! Of course you wouldn't! Our engineers do best while they are at one of our ever expanding network sites, building you, our respected Sprint customers, a better network, everyday. So, instead of having our great customer service staff responding to online comments, we have them right where you can contact them, by phone or email. Same with technical support. Sprint, getting better and less scripted everyday"... Okay, without that last part, though some sarcastic joke against the unfair, bias criticizers would be nice.

i doubt the social media team is more than a few dozen people, that is why they have scripted responses... copy and paste basically if i had to guess most of them have less technical knowledge of the network than the average s4gru user.  They most likely have access to glances and the ability to "report a problem" similar to the sprint zone app, to imply that it somehow detracts from the network engineering teams in any significant way is incorrect IMHO. what it does do however is create a poor public image, people think "wow look at all those unhappy sprint users" even if its 2K un happy people that is an incredibly small percentage.  What they should do is either cut the comments our completely, or expand social media, removing scripted responses, creating trouble tickets, following up with real detailed information such as.  

we apologize for your slow data experience, we are adding a second high speed carrier to your tower, this work is scheduled to be complete by 9-25-15 of course we do everything in our power to hold to this time table however at times a situation outside out control could hinder us.  I will keep you updated as the date gets closer and let you know of any changes, we appreciate your patience and under standing.

then of course they would need access to an accurate upgrade time table, updates about delays, and to actually follow up with these people as they promise, of course most of this could be automated (reminders tower delay alerts) but that level of care would require a significantly larger team, with more authority and access to additional information.  

• Like 1

People have an odd way of interpreting harassment. Supposedly a tweet is harassment. :rolleyes:

Sent from my M8

Hide yo kids! Hide yo wife! Hide yo husband too. Cuz da Sprint Bot be tweetin' errbody out 'dere!

Using Tapatalk on BlackBerry Z30

• Like 11

i doubt the social media team is more than a few dozen people, that is why they have scripted responses... copy and paste basically if i had to guess most of them have less technical knowledge of the network than the average s4gru user. They most likely have access to glances and the ability to "report a problem" similar to the sprint zone app, to imply that it somehow detracts from the network engineering teams in any significant way is incorrect IMHO. what it does do however is create a poor public image, people think "wow look at all those unhappy sprint users" even if its 2K un happy people that is an incredibly small percentage. What they should do is either cut the comments our completely, or expand social media, removing scripted responses, creating trouble tickets, following up with real detailed information such as.

we apologize for your slow data experience, we are adding a second high speed carrier to your tower, this work is scheduled to be complete by 9-25-15 of course we do everything in our power to hold to this time table however at times a situation outside out control could hinder us. I will keep you updated as the date gets closer and let you know of any changes, we appreciate your patience and under standing.

then of course they would need access to an accurate upgrade time table, updates about delays, and to actually follow up with these people as they promise, of course most of this could be automated (reminders tower delay alerts) but that level of care would require a significantly larger team, with more authority and access to additional information.

Excellent ideas which Sprint really ought to consider. No offense towards Sprint in particular, as I know many companies could improve, but when I've visited the more intelligent websites discussing businesses, such as S4GRU, many of their members have really good ideas as to how to improve issues in these companies where it is really weird they don't have staff in positions of power doing what needs to be done to really make these ideas happen.

Instead, you have people getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars, even millions quite often, just to create a new logo and even more stupid marketing campaigns. All while leaving their social media sources, one of their greatest marketing assets, completely open to attack from the public. In a way, its another form of corporate hacking, a legal yet still very damaging one.

Excellent ideas which Sprint really ought to consider. No offense towards Sprint in particular, as I know many companies could improve, but when I've visited the more intelligent websites discussing businesses, such as S4GRU, many of their members have really good ideas as to how to improve issues in these companies where it is really weird they don't have staff in positions of power doing what needs to be done to really make these ideas happen.

Instead, you have people getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars, even millions quite often, just to create a new logo and even more stupid marketing campaigns. All while leaving their social media sources, one of their greatest marketing assets, completely open to attack from the public. In a way, its another form of corporate hacking, a legal yet still very damaging one.

Yeah kinda like the "all in plan" with all video limited to 3G speeds at all times. I'm sure that guy or consultant or who ever he was got paid huge money for his "excellent" idea! I can see it now, include this clause it will help manage traffic... Great idea I don't see how that could possibly back fire... No one is worth tens of millions of dollars a year, I mean no one! It's really out of control, heck I have been harping sprint about a local tower that is grossly miss configured for months, no one has the power to do anything about it... Even though they them selves admit it's mid configured and not operation as it should. Tickets get opened and immediately closed with no change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hide yo kids! Hide yo wife! Hide yo husband too. Cuz da Sprint Bot be tweetin' errbody out 'dere!

Antoine Dodson uses MetroPCS.  Either that, or he ain't got no phone.

:P

AJ

• Like 3

Huh? Nothing trashy about cheap nationwide prepaid.

Does Cricket have a bad name already :blink: ? Maybe it sucks out west in roaming areas or something.

Because it is still associated with the old Cricket.

• Like 1

https://twitter.com/RogerWCheng/status/644883915698794497

Legere is pulling one out of his rectal cavity here, assuming that Lowell McAdam is under heat at Verizon.

Edit: the communicopia audio is up. I just have to hear what he said in context. It just seems...off that a CEO of one of these companies is speculating about not only another CEO, but the CEO of the company that has not only held up the best against T-Mobile's advance but the company that has traditionally led the sector.

• Like 2

Legere is pulling one out of his rectal cavity here, assuming that Lowell McAdam is under heat at Verizon.

Edit: the communicopia audio is up. I just have to hear what he said in context. It just seems...off that a CEO of one of these companies is speculating about not only another CEO, but the CEO of the company that has not only held up the best against T-Mobile's advance but the company that has traditionally led the sector.

So easy to see why. LOWELL stopped the FIOS roll out which would had secured the company long term prospects. Also expanding FIOS would had allowed the company to offer a quadruple play.

Fiber to the home is future and shareholders are pissed.

• Like 1

Verizon should have held on to all their landline and upgraded it to fiber. All the Frontier too! If I have FiOS at my residence and Verizon is able to package fiber along with TV and mobile, that's an integrated approach that would make me much more loyal to Verizon. Instead, I'm an easy churn. If it wasn't for me living in the Badlands my family plan would be easy churn. Most in urban are easy churn. Verizon just didn't ever anticipate a reality where they'd have a competitor bulldog them like T-Mobile has.

Verizon wants out of the landline business altogether, which seems like a decision that would require more than one man's decision, in this case Lowell McAdam, to do. If he made the ultimate decision, then wouldn't the same have applied when Dan Hesse wanted Sprint to acquire MetroPCS?

If the shareholders of Verizon are upset with the decisions Verizon has made of the direction Verizon is headed as a wireless-only company, then perhaps they ought to fire the board, organize a hostile takeover, whatever it is to change/reverse the direction of the company.

Meanwhile, John Legere ought to just stick to his own business.

The poster also said John Legere called them as a polite notice/warning about their usage. I'm curious about what their response back to him was. Although in that situation, I'd imagine some people (those non-Magentans, yet still T-Mobile customers) might not be polite back to John Legere. They may even be worried about repercussions of posting what their response was online, for various reasons such as nasty replies from those Magentans who worship John Legere.

I know that if I ever received a phone call from John Legere regarding anything (though I only use around 10gb-15gb of data monthly, typically), my words towards him might be such that if I were honest in posting them here on S4GRU, Robert would have little choice but to ban me.

http://i.imgur.com/4ZgGPoW.png

any thoughts on this hilariously inaccurate coverage map?

Well, it does have the disclaimer "Projected by end of 2015" and it is pretty similar to their DT Capital Markets EOY map, just stylized. We still have a little over three months to go. I'm sure they've been working on the expansion all year and we will see large pieces of it come online in the next few months.

• Like 2