T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

lilotimz

I wonder how much of a beating the 700mhz band will take once this new iPhone gets released?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I wonder how much of a beating the 700mhz band will take once this new iPhone gets released?

Probably a lot. I recall that following the release of the iPhone 6 the Band 41 network in NYC took a serious hit. More recently it's been getting better again, my guess is better load balancing and increasing backhaul. NYC probably won't see a second B41 carrier though until after WiMax is shut down.

Probably a lot. I recall that following the release of the iPhone 6 the Band 41 network in NYC took a serious hit. More recently it's been getting better again, my guess is better load balancing and increasing backhaul. NYC probably won't see a second B41 carrier though until after WiMax is shut down.

Houston got 2nd B41 carriers on old wimax equipment (just as recently as last month some Clear sites were still being lit up). Why wouldn't NY not get a 2nd carrier on old Clear B41 equipment?

Houston got 2nd B41 carriers on old wimax equipment (just as recently as last month some Clear sites were still being lit up). Why wouldn't NY not get a 2nd carrier on old Clear B41 equipment?

You need to shut down wimax. Usage is not low enough for them to thin out wimax yet and they cannot legally just shut it off before Nov 6.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 2

It is the Applecalypse on wireless networks every time a late to the game RF band/capability finally gets added to a new generation of iPhones.

AJ

That's pretty good for a sports venue. Is T-Mobile the sponsor for the stadium or team?

Nope. AT&T. I suspect AT&T is the lone inhabitant of the stadium DAS. My Mom had more issues on Verizon. Sprint worked OK from what I could tell. People I talked to at the bar were giving credit for being way better. There's light at the end of the tunnel Sprint fans!

Last time I was at Busch T-Mobile was useless...but so was Sprint. This was before T-Mobile upgraded STL to 15x15.

Sprint has a B25/26 COW in the parking lot, and B41 2xCA covering the stadium. At the game on Saturday I got 30Mbps down on Sprint, while my friend with T-Mobile had 2 down. LG G4 on Sprint vs. Moto X (2014) on T-Mobile.

• Like 4

Sprint has a B25/26 COW in the parking lot, and B41 2xCA covering the stadium. At the game on Saturday I got 30Mbps down on Sprint, while my friend with T-Mobile had 2 down. LG G4 on Sprint vs. Moto X (2014) on T-Mobile.

I was at the Bowtie Bar under the 372 section I had my seats in, and I talked with a few Sprint customers who praised the improvement in the network. I didn't ask them to run speed tests. Mom has a VZW line and that had a lot of trouble. I'm pretty sure everyone's faster in STL than Verizon at this point.

• Like 1

Interesting... I wonder if the COW is there due to site issues on one of the permanent sites. I don't recall seeing the COW last time I was down there.

I was at the Bowtie Bar under the 372 section I had my seats in, and I talked with a few Sprint customers who praised the improvement in the network. I didn't ask them to run speed tests. Mom has a VZW line and that had a lot of trouble. I'm pretty sure everyone's faster in STL than Verizon at this point.

Interesting... I wonder if the COW is there due to site issues on one of the permanent sites. I don't recall seeing the COW last time I was down there.

I had perfect seats... so there is that. But even underneath the stadium in the Cardinals Club eating dinner I had a working B25 signal.

The COW was in the 'C' parking lot.

• Like 1

You need to shut down wimax. Usage is not low enough for them to thin out wimax yet and they cannot legally just shut it off before Nov 6.

Sent from my Nexus 5

So not enough spectrum for wimax and 2 B41 carriers for NYC, or a hardware limitation in Clear equipment?

Back on topic...

http://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/3kcegj/john_legere_periscope_9_sep_2015/

"Big" announcement tomorrow. Legere wants everyone to know that he's confident in T-Mobile's network. Also, "Extended reach LTE" sounds a lot like roaming. Alternatively it could just be a marketing term for band 12.

• Like 1

Back on topic...

http://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/3kcegj/john_legere_periscope_9_sep_2015/

"Big" announcement tomorrow. Legere wants everyone to know that he's confident in T-Mobile's network. Also, "Extended reach LTE" sounds a lot like roaming. Alternatively it could just be a marketing term for band 12.

Somebody posted that T-Mobile is updating its band 12 maps tomorrow.  That is most likely the "Extended Reach LTE."  T-Mobile was probably waiting for the iPhone to be on board band 12 before promoting the hell out of low band -- where available.

AJ

• Like 2

That looks like the map where on their site if you zoom all the way out its just labeled as coverage.

Edited by derrph
  • Like 1

Wow. So I just checked an area that has notably bad coverage for both mobile and sprint because I have been there before, and it is dark magenta. Funny when you click on it it says "satisfactory connectivity in some homes." So Magenta has completely revamped their map. Made everything Magenta to show their theoretical coverage, not real world coverage..and is going to screw people into thinking they have coverage at their home.

What a cluster.

• Like 3

Wow. So I just checked an area that has notably bad coverage for both mobile and sprint because I have been there before, and it is dark magenta. Funny when you click on it it says "satisfactory connectivity in some homes." So Magenta has completely revamped their map. Made everything Magenta to show their theoretical coverage, not real world coverage..and is going to screw people into thinking they have coverage at their home.

What a cluster.

still it could make Sprint look inferior to the average consumer. Even the press would eat this up and say T-Mobile has 30 million more customers than Sprint.
  • Like 1

What a cluster.

Negative, the real customer map is better than any other carriers. Coverage inside your home should be fine on WiFi in that area.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Negative, the real customer map is better than any other carriers. Coverage inside your home should be fine on WiFi in that area.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

It still creates the illusion that they will have the coverage that they are expecting, everywhere.

• Like 1