T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

lilotimz

Negative, the real customer map is better than any other carriers. Coverage inside your home should be fine on WiFi in that area.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Verizon tends to keep the updated coverage maps for all carriers on their site.

T-Mobile's map is full of lies.

wRscCRC.png

It still creates the illusion that they will have the coverage that they are expecting, everywhere.

Well that holds true for all carriers.

I much prefer facts from an individual

'S phone. Than an engineering coverage plot.

• Like 1

And if that wasn't enough to make you laugh, you should check this out.

84trX4m.png

EDIT: And yes, this is their claimed LTE coverage.

Well I'll agree very sneaky yet very accurate... The map shown is NOT lte rather coverage via edge and partners and lte.

• Like 1

Well I'll agree very sneaky yet very accurate... The map shown is NOT lte rather coverage via edge and partners and lte.

The only way this is possible is if they have struck some deal with LTE roaming with the regional carriers, since they're apparently advertising this for iPhone users.  Perhaps those extra LTE bands that Sprint devices already support are included in the new 6s.

Negative, the real customer map is better than any other carriers. Coverage inside your home should be fine on WiFi in that area.

No, you can stop right there.  You are not getting away with that kind of T-Mobile apologetics here.  And you should know better.

The current T-Mobile coverage map tool is not "better" -- it is bullshit.  The lack of signal gradation on the coverage map is obfuscation, plain and simple.  The non gradation was probably a calculated move to hide the sparse site density in T-Mobile's footprint expansion, which purports to be almost at the VZW nationwide coverage level in only one year.  Not possible.

The customer sourced coverage data also is no replacement for signal gradation.  That customer sourced data can be limited or even cherry picked.  Jane Doe's handset in her wood frame house reporting LTE back to T-Mobile means nothing to Joe Blow's handset in his brick house down the block -- if, for example, both are in a medium or weak signal gradation area.

And the Wi-Fi excuse does not cut it, does not help when outside your home but inside another home or building.

AJ

• Like 6

No, you can stop right there. You are not getting away with that kind of T-Mobile apologetics here. And you should know better.

The current T-Mobile coverage map tool is not "better" -- it is bullshit. The lack of signal gradation on the coverage map is obfuscation, plain and simple. The non gradation was probably a calculated move to hide the sparse site density in T-Mobile's footprint expansion, which purports to be almost at the VZW nationwide coverage level in only one year. Not possible.

The customer sourced coverage data also is no replacement for signal gradation. That data can be limited or even cherry picked. Jane Doe's handset in her wood frame house reporting LTE back to T-Mobile means nothing to Joe Blow's handset in his brick house down the block -- if, for example, both are in a medium or weak signal gradation area.

And the Wi-Fi excuse does not cut it, does not help when outside your home but inside another home or building.

AJ

[emoji3]

[emoji3]

That is not a response.  I am serious about this.  You are often a malcontent, and you have been warned before. 

This T-Mobile thread has been shut down before.  We will not allow it to become a distortion field.  I will be conferring with the staff.

AJ

• Like 1

That is not a response. I am serious about this. You are often a malcontent, and you have been warned before.

This T-Mobile thread has been shut down before.  We will not allow it to become a distortion field.  I will be conferring with the staff.

AJ

Know what just delete my account.

Know what just delete my account.

Talk to Robert.  If that is what you wish, he will close your account.

AJ

I was reading in the T-Mobile reddit and it seems like the map is actually a combination of all technologies, not just LTE. Sneaky T-Mobile is at it again with their coverage maps.

They should really add a legend down at the bottom then.  It's definitely misleading.

I was reading in the T-Mobile reddit and it seems like the map is actually a combination of all technologies, not just LTE. Sneaky T-Mobile is at it again with their coverage maps.

LTE, W-CDMA, or GSM -- the airlink technology is irrelevant.  Compare that map today with this map:

Mosaik_Solutions_Sprint_TMobile_Coverage

Then, show me solid evidence T-Mobile will have constructed that purported footprint expansion in the past year.

AJ

I live in one of the "Satisfactory Coverage in Some Homes" areas and the truth is that T-Mobile's LTE works well outdoors where I live. It's in the kitchen where I fall off to EDGE. However we shouldn't be using any mobile provider as our primary connection anyway. Therefore Wi-Fi Calling kicks in.

If there's a map that's a greater lie it's AT&T's. They don't even offer the pin distinction. I think we could all admit tools like Sensorly and CellMapper are the truth and carrier maps lie, and leave it at that.

tl;dr All carrier maps lie.

• Like 3

If one browses the T-Mo Reddit this morning there's a lot of the Magentan's calling BS on the coverage maps. Yes, T-Mo is improving coverage, I'll be the first to admit it. They're WAY overselling it though.

• Like 11

If there's a map that's a greater lie it's AT&T's. They don't even offer the pin distinction. I think we could all admit tools like Sensorly and CellMapper are the truth and carrier maps lie, and leave it at that.

tl;dr All carrier maps lie.

Even Sensorly and CellMapper are wrong in my home area. Too many people mapped it out way back when and it no longer applies. People don't map enough anymore to change it.

• Like 2

People don't maps enough anymore to change it.

Yeah, people, why you not be mapsing?

;)

AJ

• Like 5