HTC EVO 4G LTE

P_M_G

Our friend AJ sent this to me today as I had been asking him about SVDO as some had mentioned it would only work after NV was deployed and over 1x advanced...

here is what he said:

Thanks a lot for this, finally some actual confirmation and not all this he say she say BS. This made my day, now its time for this phone to hurry up and get released.

• Like 3

Brian Klug also confirmed that HTC's Field Trial apk (including a new LTE engineering screen) carries over to the EVO 4G LTE. See a few screen caps below:

580953228.png?key=7201280&Expires=1337474974&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=e5jKfrazw-BVcYhv2dvmO4fTwRgi0lPkYZdZWHBo2M4UU3VoM78TI8CKw1v1dz2YQ1i9Zb3hQ4K2YUov2ZwuccMbZz4-WGMsLNGGjJIArDYnDXhoWQvnSUVvYKW-jYAwzOgZ60N48dgWe9HqJDHrv4rB6VGXuNYm-AyEsV0eYsI_

580953231.png?key=7201280&Expires=1337475150&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=0UdsKRaXI-mZkX5abZ28R51rKle9Xc-yPR1g8GAyaOMk1LBfDTN-C7OQe3B9z2OXoKKwoxwgADl6e4Flrf-t4Nsu4paEU~Eay9aWPE2OsKe8Spo1KS1Lw~zhQxLZrqldP2iGDvFoaaaKenOHC4DtOYkD6uX4YFePVIOcPM-ZN1g_

580953229.png?key=7201280&Expires=1337475263&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=CLG5t9vhjepxYM1TNjAQv-gKiU9ZpZJb~JQfFR-6Wnojmh91pQv4-EaLL2weyTS13FNrbq~qL7Gas1see4NfJtoHzz5BouK9xI69REJHEi8uYX0Qzlo2SEeEFHxQi3k5Jp9gMm74sWP7wy0As1kfCKNxUyKxzlS2fibd6UoYPgM_

AJ

Brian Klug also confirmed that HTC's Field Trial apk (including a new LTE engineering screen) carries over to the EVO 4G LTE. See a few screen caps below:

580953228.png?key=7201280&Expires=1337474974&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=e5jKfrazw-BVcYhv2dvmO4fTwRgi0lPkYZdZWHBo2M4UU3VoM78TI8CKw1v1dz2YQ1i9Zb3hQ4K2YUov2ZwuccMbZz4-WGMsLNGGjJIArDYnDXhoWQvnSUVvYKW-jYAwzOgZ60N48dgWe9HqJDHrv4rB6VGXuNYm-AyEsV0eYsI_

580953231.png?key=7201280&Expires=1337475150&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=0UdsKRaXI-mZkX5abZ28R51rKle9Xc-yPR1g8GAyaOMk1LBfDTN-C7OQe3B9z2OXoKKwoxwgADl6e4Flrf-t4Nsu4paEU~Eay9aWPE2OsKe8Spo1KS1Lw~zhQxLZrqldP2iGDvFoaaaKenOHC4DtOYkD6uX4YFePVIOcPM-ZN1g_

580953229.png?key=7201280&Expires=1337475263&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=CLG5t9vhjepxYM1TNjAQv-gKiU9ZpZJb~JQfFR-6Wnojmh91pQv4-EaLL2weyTS13FNrbq~qL7Gas1see4NfJtoHzz5BouK9xI69REJHEi8uYX0Qzlo2SEeEFHxQi3k5Jp9gMm74sWP7wy0As1kfCKNxUyKxzlS2fibd6UoYPgM_

AJ

whole lot of nothing

whole lot of nothing

AJ

Thanks a lot for this, finally some actual confirmation and not all this he say she say BS. This made my day, now its time for this phone to hurry up and get released.

AGREED!

I just heard about this today and came by to post a retraction - I thought sure it couldn't do it, but I was wrong!

Ace job getting the SVDO word out, Sarge! :)

Edited by EarlyMon
  • Like 1

Thanks Sgt. Slaughter for the SVDO info as well!

Does anyone else think that the new EVO LTE is worth it just for that feature?! On my job I'm always out and need to look on the web while on a call and I'm not always near Wifi and WiMax never works, lol. Sprint should promote this like ATT did a while back because everyone I tell who has Sprint says they would get the new EVO just for this feature let alone all the other new ones! Man I'm excited!

Best buy had a deal on cases, chargers and screen protectors and I got a Platinum (Seidio, AKA Best Buy brand) Surface Combo case and holster and a Zagg HD (like glass) screen protector for like $44 bucks total! That would have cost $50 for the case alone on Seidio not including shipping and the Zagg screen protector would have cost another $34 also without shipping! If I were you guys I would stop by there and pick some up! You have to buy two of the three to get the deal (cases, chargers and screen protectors). I saved almost $50 and got to pick my items up ASAP at Best Buy.

Now all I need is my new EVO, slap on my new screen protector and case and never touch it again, I WISH, LMAO, although it feels that way!

5TH :tu:

• Like 1

HTC One X Stress Test. This is a video of the One X being tumbled in a dryer at an event in Malaysia. You can see the screen is on doesn't appear to be damaged in any way. According to the video the device has been tumbling for hours.

As I understand it, the EVO LTE and the One X are essentially the same device so perhaps we can assume similar durability for the EVO.

• Like 1

Dont thank me thank AJ....The whole ? from me started when some kid over on xda said it wouldn't work till 1x-advance was flipped on, and while i thought that sounded crazy, it wasn't soooo far out i wouldn't put it past the possibility...hence the inquiry to AJ about it...thankfully he herd from the guys over at AnandTech and got sent some sweet video proof! :)

Does anyone know if the Evo 4g LTE still has issues that the original Evo had with sound distortion on loud volumes. This is a big thing that will make me wait for the new iPhone as every iPhone I have used gets great sound even I loud environments which the Evo can not handle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The new EVO is just nasty... I decided to run Google Maps Nav this morning for grins after I paired the Bluetooth. I didnt' hear anything and thought it odd at first. At the next light, I decided to start streaming Pandora through the BT. The Beats Audio automatically kicks in and it sounds GREAT in the car (there's quite a difference with and without the Beats kicked in over BT). All of a sudden, it quiets down and the Nav voice comes on over BT as well with directions! That made me a happy camper! :tu:

• Like 1

Does anyone know if the Evo 4g LTE still has issues that the original Evo had with sound distortion on loud volumes. This is a big thing that will make me wait for the new iPhone as every iPhone I have used gets great sound even I loud environments which the Evo can not handle.

Can anyone test this?

I haven't used it yet but what would annoy me was when I got a call while using navigation and the NAV voice would play in my earpiece while the person calling me was talking. I wonder if that's fixed. I'll have to try it.

**EDIT**

Does the EVOLTE have native screenshot capability? I've been rooted for so long I don't know what people who aren't rooted are doing for screenshots these days.

I haven't used it yet but what would annoy me was when I got a call while using navigation and the NAV voice would play in my earpiece while the person calling me was talking. I wonder if that's fixed. I'll have to try it.

**EDIT**

Does the EVOLTE have native screenshot capability? I've been rooted for so long I don't know what people who aren't rooted are doing for screenshots these days.

For the evo 3d you would hold the power button and pressing the home button. I don't have my evolte yet so I don't know how it will work on that but you can try it and see.

• Like 1

For the evo 3d you would hold the power button and pressing the home button. I don't have my evolte yet so I don't know how it will work on that but you can try it and see.

You rock my man! That did it. Thanks!

• Like 1

1) I've been reading alot of forums lately about the EVO LTE... I've seen many reports of people getting better 3G speeds on the new EVO then their previous phone.

2) another thing I saw that was interesting was in regards to the cdma only vs cdma/lte setting:

http://androidforums.com/4432330-post124.html

http://androidforums.com/4432554-post131.html

Anyone noticing either of these two things??

1) I've been reading alot of forums lately about the EVO LTE... I've seen many reports of people getting better 3G speeds on the new EVO then their previous phone.

2) another thing I saw that was interesting was in regards to the cdma only vs cdma/lte setting:

http://androidforums...30-post124.html

http://androidforums...54-post131.html

Anyone noticing either of these two things??

The LTE/CDMA setting uses eHRPD (if available), while the CDMA only setting may fall back to traditional EV-DO. If so, that could account for the difference in data speeds.

AJ

• Like 2

Well I have just encountered the first thing I am displeased with about Sense. With Sense 4.0 the ringer and notification volumes can't be un-linked. :td: I use Audio Manager Pro to set up sound profiles and I like to set one at night with notifications off but ringer on. This way I can still get calls but text or email notifications don't wake me up. Not sure why HTC would change that.

The LTE/CDMA setting uses eHRPD (if available), while the CDMA only setting may fall back to traditional EV-DO. If so, that could account for the difference in data speeds.

AJ

This answer a question I had while testing speeds today. I noticed "ehrpd" in the Network designation and I didn't know what that was.

Well I have just encountered the first thing I am displeased with about Sense. With Sense 4.0 the ringer and notification volumes can't be un-linked. I use Audio Manager Pro to set up sound profiles and I like to set one at night with notifications off but ringer on. This way I can still get calls but text or email notifications don't wake me up. Not sure why HTC would change that.

This answer a question I had while testing speeds today. I noticed "ehrpd" in the Network designation and I didn't know what that was.

Yup....really really hate that I will have to use a 3rd party app now to manage my sound volumes bc I always have the notification set lower than ringtone here...

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2