HTC EVO 4G LTE

P_M_G

That is exactly what I was thinking this morning... Maybe they are shipping the phone with LTE problems and then planning to push out an update just before they flip the on switch for LTE.

It doesn't seem like a bad Idea to me. We aren't going to notice a network problem on a network we can't connect to are we?

• Like 1

Man, I'm so torn right now. The Galaxy S3 is really intriguing me but with no announced US release and the EVO LTE just sitting there calling me like a siren...

This is like having an opportunity to hook up with a really hot chick at school now, but you hear there is a smoking hot transfer student coming in that might be even better. Do you commit to the current girl now when new chick might just blow her out of the water? But if you wait for new chick and she turns out to be "meh", now you've just lost all that good make-out time with current girl. Decisions, decisions.

Man' date=' I'm so torn right now. The Galaxy S3 is really intriguing me but with no announced US release and the EVO LTE just sitting there calling me like a siren...

This is like having an opportunity to hook up with a really hot chick at school now, but you hear there is a smoking hot transfer student coming in that might be even better. Do you commit to the current girl now when new chick might just blow her out of the water? But if you wait for new chick and she turns out to be "meh", now you've just lost all that good make-out time with current girl. Decisions, decisions.[/quote']

Bad analogy. Because in my college days I would have tried for both! :lol:

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 3

Bad analogy. Because in my college days I would have tried for both! :lol:

Your pimp hand was much stronger than mine. I didn't have that luxury.

Man, I'm so torn right now. The Galaxy S3 is really intriguing me but with no announced US release and the EVO LTE just sitting there calling me like a siren...

This is like having an opportunity to hook up with a really hot chick at school now, but you hear there is a smoking hot transfer student coming in that might be even better. Do you commit to the current girl now when new chick might just blow her out of the water? But if you wait for new chick and she turns out to be "meh", now you've just lost all that good make-out time with current girl. Decisions, decisions.

I think this is a fairly decent analogy. First off when it comes to phones there will always be something better right around the corner so whats the point of waiting? Like with women, I don't care how hot she is there will always be another woman right around the corner thats gonna be even hotter so if you gonna wait for the hottest chick ever then you will be waiting for a very long time. So like I always tell my friends, never give up certainty for uncertainty. But like what Robert said though you may as well try both. So back to phones, get the evo and if the s3 floats your boat then you can get that and sell the evo which will still have a pretty high resale value and that way you will be happy instead of doubting yourself.

• Like 2

So back to phones, get the evo and if the s3 floats your boat then you can get that and sell the evo which will still have a pretty high resale value and that way you will be happy instead of doubting yourself.

All the years I have been in the phone game, I have never sold a phone. I don't know why I have this mental block with selling. I never even think about it until someone mentions it.

I have also never paid off-contract price for a phone so I would definitely have to force myself to make that leap, even though I will be making some of it up with the sale of the EVO.

Good advice though, thanks!

I'm starting to get a little concerned. I hope they aren't shipping the device with the LTE Connectivity bug and just hoping to resolve it with an OTA after the fact. That would be a major bummer. Or would it?

Most of you would probably rather have the device with the bug, since very few of us have usable LTE at the moment. And unless you had another LTE device next to the EVOLTE, you would probably assume it was just a blocked LTE site if you couldn't connect. Interesting to ponder.

mayyyyyyybe this is why they are blocking phones from connecting to the LTE on the towers?.......

• Like 1

just pre-ordered at BB....on preorder receipt:

Thank you for reserving your order of the [sPRINT HTC EVO 4G LTE]. The estimated date of arrival is [ Friday, May 18th].

Best Buy will notify you when this is ready to be picked up.

cant wait...

• Like 1

just pre-ordered at BB....on preorder receipt:

Thank you for reserving your order of the [sPRINT HTC EVO 4G LTE]. The estimated date of arrival is [ Friday, May 18th].

Best Buy will notify you when this is ready to be picked up.

cant wait...

Was the pre-order price $199 or were you able to get $50 off of that for signing up earlier to upgrade your phone with Best Buy?

Was the pre-order price $199 or were you able to get $50 off of that for signing up earlier to upgrade your phone with Best Buy?

no $ exchanged yet....just gave my info and they printed out a pre-order receipt and then I received the same receipt in my email. The rep told me that they were waiving the $50 pre-order cards....not sure what that means...I did get a flyer in the mail from bestbuy: $50 for old evo 4g and $50 gift card....I also signed up earlier in the year for $50 off on next upgrade if done with bestbuy mobile before calendar year end. We'll see how this all shakes out, hopefully on the 18th.

Chris

Just ordered my wife her EVO LTE from the official Sprint page. It says it will ship on or before national launch. But it doesn't disclose the national launch date. :(

Robert, follow the link in the confirmation email to check order status. It should say:

Thanks for pre-ordering. A shiny new HTC EVO 4G LTE is waiting for you in our warehouse. Shipping starts May 15th and we will send you an email the second it ships. Delivery should occur within 1 to 3 business days thereafter. You may continue to track the status of your order on this web page. If you have questions, check out sprint.com/preorder for more info.
  • Like 1

no $ exchanged yet....just gave my info and they printed out a pre-order receipt and then I received the same receipt in my email. The rep told me that they were waiving the $50 pre-order cards....not sure what that means...I did get a flyer in the mail from bestbuy: $50 for old evo 4g and $50 gift card....I also signed up earlier in the year for $50 off on next upgrade if done with bestbuy mobile before calendar year end. We'll see how this all shakes out, hopefully on the 18th.

Chris

Interesting. I just called my local BB and the guy said the pre-order price was $50. He said since I registered my phone number for the $50 off the next upgrade that it should pull up that info automatically.

I think I'll take a run by there on my break and see what happens.

Just preordered my EVO 4G LTE. Sort of interesting we see the pre-order "expires" on may 17th.

About this device: Offer expires May 17, 2012 or while supplies last. Requires 0 month contract and new activation. Up to $350 early termination fee/line applies (no ETF for Agreements cancelled in compliance with Sprint's Return Policy). Subject to credit approval. A new phone activation fee of up to $36 per line may apply. Sprint reserves the right to cancel/extend offers without notice. Offers may not be available in all markets. Other conditions may apply. Read service agreement for details. The Nationwide Sprint & Nextel National Networks reach over 277 & 278 million people, respectively. You may return your undamaged device within 14 days of activation to your original place of purchase (with your receipt) and request that we deactivate services. We'll refund your activation fee (if service is canceled within 3 days of activation) and waive your early termination fee (as long as the device is returned). You are responsible for all charges based on actual usage (partial monthly service charges, Sprint surcharges, taxes and fees). A $35 restocking fee will be charged (at time of exchange) to exchange a device for a different model or color (except in Hawaii). The $35 restocking fee will also be charged when you return an upgraded device. Visit Sprint.com/returns for details (return policy for existing customers may vary). For any devices or accessories purchased through a Buy one, get one offers (BOGO) offer, all devices or accessories purchased must be returned/exchanged to receive a refund or comparable exchange. In addition, if a Buy One, Get One Free device is exchanged, it is subject to the $35 restocking fee terms.

I'm reading people getting conflicting reports from sprint, may 10th,14th 17th & 18th.

I guess it'll be a waiting game for the shipping confirmations....

Gl and congrats everyone.

From Another poster :

I pre-ordered the 4G LTE on sprint.com, and then checked my order status... I got a message that some additional validation (or something like that) was required on the order, and to call an 800 number to expedite things.

...so I called, and answered a few questions (mainly identity verification stuff like address, number of lines on my account, etc.), and the representative said it my phone was in the warehouse now, and that it should be arriving in "two to five days".

Of course, he could've been horribly mistaken, but now I'm damned excited. Anyone else have any info/stories like this one?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

I got my EVO3D 3 days before stores sold it because Sprint shipped it to me so it is indeed possible.

Edited by cletus

If you pre order on the Best Buy website, you get a $50 gift card when the phone is activated!

If you also signed up for the $50 off your next upgrade deal, you will get an additional gift card.

That is a total of $100 in Best Buy Gift cards! WOW! :tu:

• Like 1

I got my EVO3D 3 days before stores sold it because Sprint shipped it to me so it is indeed possible.

The evo 3d was a different situation though. The evo 3d wasn't a preorder situation, sprint allocated a few units so that premier customers could straight up purchase it and get theirs early. Still though, I do agree that many preorders will get filled early for sure.

Sitting in Best Buy now. It's more like reserving than pre-ordering. I'm not paying anything right now.

I'm not too happy with how slow this guy's system is running but that's another complaint for another day.

*EDIT* Make sure you mention waiving the gift card purchase. The instructions were sent out to employees via email and if your Rep hasn't checked he/she may not know about it. They have to bypass the purchase options in their system.

My reservation receipt says "estimated date of arrival is Friday May 18"

Sent from the Negative Zone using the Ultimate Nullifier

What do you guys think about the latest rumors that try to confirm the May 18th launch date. Do you guys think it looks legit?

http://www.gottabemo...ottaBeMobile%29

http://insidesprintn...launches-51812/

EVO 4G LTE User Guide available

https://insidesprint..._user_guide.pdf

I really wished that Sprint used the "4GLTE" icon instead of just "4G" to indicated LTE connection status.

What do you guys think about the latest rumors that try to confirm the May 18th launch date. Do you guys think it looks legit?

I ordered one myself with a ship date of May 15th. We wrote an article about it: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-169-evo-lte-pre-order-under-way-with-ship-dates-as-soon-as-may-15th/

Robert

The web status of my order also had the May 15th date this morning, but I now get the following:

Your order or a portion of your order is in backorder status. If you would like to select an alternate product or cancel your backordered item, please call 866-789-8292 between 8:00 a.m. EST to 11:00 p.m. EST Monday to Friday or 9:00 a.m. EST to 9:00 p.m. EST on Saturdays and Sundays.Please note that cancellation requests may not always process successfully due to the speed of warehouse processing.If you cancelled your backordered item but still received a shipment, please refuse the shipment or call us to process a return within 14 days of receipt.

Is it possible that the May 15th message was programmed in before the LTE problems were discovered, and that they've replaced it with the backorder message? Or did my order get in too late and the first round of phones are already spoken for (I ordered within 20 minutes of the phone being available)?

Does anyone still have the May 15th message in their order status?

The web status of my order also had the May 15th date this morning, but I now get the following:

Is it possible that the May 15th message was programmed in before the LTE problems were discovered, and that they've replaced it with the backorder message? Or did my order get in too late and the first round of phones are already spoken for (I ordered within 20 minutes of the phone being available)?

Does anyone still have the May 15th message in their order status?

My May 15th shipping message has also been changed to a backordered message. And I started my order the very first minute the site was up this morning.

As for the LTE problems, they have been known for weeks.

Robert