HTC EVO 4G LTE

P_M_G

I'm glad I went the reserve option vs actual pre-order. I haven't paid anything so far so if something happens along the way to change my mind about this phone I won't be stuck with a gift-card or with trying to get my money back.

Does anyone know if there are multiple shipping centers for their phones, or do they all come from the same warehouse?

I'm hoping they all come in through Long Beach and ship from California :D

BTW, I am having mine shipped to my work address, and my order wouldn't go through until I called them to verify this. If yours is not being shipped to your billing address you might want to verify your order status.

Does anyone know if there are multiple shipping centers for their phones, or do they all come from the same warehouse?

BTW, I am having mine shipped to my work address, and my order wouldn't go through until I called them to verify this. If yours is not being shipped to your billing address you might want to verify your order status.

I had to do the same thing because my bill goes to my PO Box, but I used my physical address for shipping.

Robert

I just ordered online from Best Buy - I'd almost convinced myself to limp along with my OG Evo 4G, but I really couldn't pass up a net $110 price (after $100 in gift cards: $50 from the Phone Freedom offer they ran back in February, and $50 more from this offer) and enough RZ Premier Silver points for at least $5 more back. I selected $1.99 express shipping and it claims delivery on May 10 or 11. We'll see if that actually happens.

• Like 1

When they did the EVO3D first shipments most people reported them shipping from Louisville, KY if I recall.

When they did the EVO3D first shipments most people reported them shipping from Louisville, KY if I recall.

yeah im pretty sure they ship out of the regional UPS hubs....hence the Louisville KY shipping for most last year as thats where one of the main hubs is there...tons of big companies ship directly out of there as it just makes things easier.

My order from Sprint for my EVO LTE went to this, "Your order or a portion of your order is in backorder status. If you would like to select an alternate product or cancel your backordered item, please call 866-789-8292 between 8:00 a.m. EST to 11:00 p.m. EST Monday to Friday or 9:00 a.m. EST to 9:00 p.m. EST on Saturdays and Sundays.Please note that cancellation requests may not always process successfully due to the speed of warehouse processing.If you cancelled your backordered item but still received a shipment, please refuse the shipment or call us to process a return within 14 days of receipt." O_O No wonder why they said that they will "try their best."

Edited by nmbr1scoobs

My order from Sprint for my EVO LTE went to this' date=' "Your order or a portion of your order is in backorder status. If you would like to select an alternate product or cancel your backordered item, please call 866-789-8292 between 8:00 a.m. EST to 11:00 p.m. EST Monday to Friday or 9:00 a.m. EST to 9:00 p.m. EST on Saturdays and Sundays.Please note that cancellation requests may not always process successfully due to the speed of warehouse processing.If you cancelled your backordered item but still received a shipment, please refuse the shipment or call us to process a return within 14 days of receipt." O_O No wonder why they said that they will "try their best."[/quote']

I got the same email when I initially pre-ordered, but the status changed the next day.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 1

I have this strange feeling that even if the pre-orders don't arrive by or before the 18th, on May 19 most folks who pre-ordered will greet the sunrise and discover that, despite all concerns to the contrary, life is still going on.

I can't wait for the fire storm that will occur when at least half of the pre-orders don't get delivered until at least next week. Good luck to those who pre ordered.

• Like 1

I can't wait for the fire storm that will occur when at least half of the pre-orders don't get delivered until at least next week. Good luck to those who pre ordered.

What are you basing this assumption off of?

Sprint's order system sucks but the fulfillment center is very good. UPS takes care of it.

http://pressroom.ups.com/Video/ci.UPS+Delivers+for+Sprint.Video

Sprint's order system sucks but the fulfillment center is very good. UPS takes care of it.

http://pressroom.ups...or+Sprint.Video

My guess is he's referring not so much to the fulfillment center but for the devices even getting shipped out in time for delivery by the 18th.

Sprint has been very careful about their wording. I haven't seen one email posted that shows something close to a promise of delivery before it's available to the general public. Sprint said they would do their best. As the song says, sometimes your best isn't good enough.

My guess is he's referring not so much to the fulfillment center but for the devices even getting shipped out in time for delivery by the 18th.

Sprint has been very careful about their wording. I haven't seen one email posted that shows something close to a promise of delivery before it's available to the general public. Sprint said they would do their best. As the song says, sometimes your best isn't good enough.

They said the same thing about the galaxy nexus and the nexus pre-orders arrived two days before the launch.

Why isn't their best good enough? It's still the 15th, when they originally said it would ship...

I guess I don't understand why you are doubting them when it isn't the 17th... if you still had no tracking on the 17th I could see your logic. The negativity is kind of surprising.

Edit: looks like people are starting to get their tracking info for UPS overnight delivery.

:)

They said the same thing about the galaxy nexus and the nexus pre-orders arrived two days before the launch.

Why isn't their best good enough? It's still the 15th, when they originally said it would ship...

I guess I don't understand why you are doubting them when it isn't the 17th... if you still had no tracking on the 17th I could see your logic. The negativity is kind of surprising.

Edit: looks like people are starting to get their tracking info for UPS overnight delivery.

:)

Once again I am reminded about the dangers of chiming in. One day I'll listen to myself...one day.

I am not doubting Sprint at all. I was just chiming in on my interpretation of themuffinman's comments. I didn't pre-order so I don't have any reason to have faith or doubt in Sprint's delivery. I don't believe that this new EVO will be in nearly the demand that the original was. I'm sure that Sprint learned some lessons from that launch debacle.

As for their best being good enough; if there are folks who don't get their pre-orders by or before that epic May 18th date, the fact that Sprint never promised it by that date will be meaningless. Hence, their best will not have been good enough.

http://pressroom.ups...or+Sprint.Video

You couldn't have been around for the original evo. We have absolutely no idea how many phones are available or how many pre-orders there are not including the various third party retailers that's doing pre-sales as well. Just last year sprint had a pre-sale for premier customers(for the evo 3d) and many people that bought the phone didn't get it until the following week while some did in fact get theirs early, myself included. So what am I basing this off of? I am basing this off of common sense, it will be very naive for anyone to think that every single pre-order will be shipped before friday. So yeah, if you pre-ordered then you may very well get it tomorrow and there will be others that will end up getting their orders filled next week.

You couldn't have been around for the original evo. We have absolutely no idea how many phones are available or how many pre-orders there are not including the various third party retailers that's doing pre-sales as well. Just last year sprint had a pre-sale for premier customers(for the evo 3d) and many people that bought the phone didn't get it until the following week while some did in fact get theirs early, myself included. So what am I basing this off of? I am basing this off of common sense, it will be very naive for anyone to think that every single pre-order will be shipped before friday. So yeah, if you pre-ordered then you may very well get it tomorrow and there will be others that will end up getting their orders filled next week.

I would also say that Sprint has learned a lot since launching the EVO and EVO 3D (the recent galaxy nexus launch being an example).

We should be happy that Sprint continues to get better (they actually just beat out Verizon on the annual customer satisfaction survey).

I should also add - I just picked up the EVO and EVO 3D at my local sprint store instead of preordering. Preordered both the nexus and the evo 4g lte though.

Or I could be 1000% wrong based on this:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-175-looks-like-there-is-a-delay-on-the-evo-lte-pre-order-shipments/

haha, so maybe sprint hasn't learned?

• Like 1