Google Nexus 9 by HTC (2014)

TH4RO

No CDMA 1x/EVDO. International version of the Nexus 9 tablet. Hopefully the North American version shows up soon. I found it last night on the FCC OET site.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Well fine Mr. Buzzkill ????

EDIT: The international Nexus 6 does not support bands 25 or 26.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Well fine Mr. Buzzkill

EDIT: The international Nexus 6 does not support bands 25 or 26.

You should read my FCC OET dissection of the international variant Nexus 9.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5895-staff-network-equipment-devices-fcc-authorizations-thread/?p=380240

Oh, wait, that thread is for staff only.  He he he...

:P

AJ

You should read my FCC OET dissection of the international variant Nexus 9.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5895-staff-network-equipment-devices-fcc-authorizations-thread/?p=380240

Oh, wait, that thread is for staff only. He he he...

:P

AJ

That's just mean.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So any updates on this thing? I'm considering this as a sort of "family tablet" and I'm debating getting the LTE version for the rare situations where I need a few megabytes of data on a tablet. Of course, the LTE version isn't available yet, but it's supposed to be made available today.

My wife has the 16gb and I have the 32.

She absolutely loves it.  It works very well for her at work in a productivity role.  She has the oem keyboard case and it is perfect for her hands.  She is running completely stock.

I am running an AOSP ROM, with a dark theme on mine.  It's my first Nexus device, and quite frankly, don't believe I'll have another non-Nexus (if Sprint continues to allow them on network).

Neither of us have had any QC issues that seemed to be prevalent early on.  No "flexing" back, no light bleed, etc.

No offense intended to anyone, but I'm extremely happy to longer have an iPad.  It simply isn't my thing.  My wife has always used Android and has no desire for an iDevice.

That being said, don't expect iPad like battery results.  She charges hers every night because she uses it throughout the day.

It charges very slow, but isn't a concern for either of us.

I'm still waiting on the oem cover for mine.  It's fantastic to use when reading books.

My only complaint is that I cannot use my TiVo app to stream or watch recorded programming from our DVR because I'm rooted.

That certainly isn't the fault of the Nexus 9 though.  I simply can't use the N9 stock (visual impairment...material design white...cannot read anything on white background)

I'm sure there are other things I'm forgetting about, if you have any more questions, hit me up.

Skid

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

is there a sprint LTE variant of the Nexus 9? or with the Nexus 9 on the Play Store be able to be activated on Sprint?

Well, we got a 32GB WiFi only for the whole family for Christmas, and it worked fine for almost exactly 24 hours.

Now it won't charge from any of my 20 or so cable and AC adapter combos and it won't turn on with any combination of holding down power and volume buttons for 30+ seconds. This kind of thing happened to both my Nexus 7 2012 and 2013, but I was able to revive both with the "plug in to PC for 15 minutes then disconnect for less than 10 seconds then plug back in" procedure, which didn't work on the Nexus 9.

Anyone have any experience with the Google RMA process? Unfortunately we are visiting the extended family several hundred miles from home all week, so I can't get the box or receipt until after Jan. 1st.

Well, we got a 32GB WiFi only for the whole family for Christmas, and it worked fine for almost exactly 24 hours.

Now it won't charge from any of my 20 or so cable and AC adapter combos and it won't turn on with any combination of holding down power and volume buttons for 30+ seconds. This kind of thing happened to both my Nexus 7 2012 and 2013, but I was able to revive both with the "plug in to PC for 15 minutes then disconnect for less than 10 seconds then plug back in" procedure, which didn't work on the Nexus 9.

Anyone have any experience with the Google RMA process? Unfortunately we are visiting the extended family several hundred miles from home all week, so I can't get the box or receipt until after Jan. 1st.

Edit: never mind about the return advice. Turns out it actually came from Amazon and their exchange process is pretty painless. Replacement is scheduled to arrive Jan. 7th. Sucks that we got a bad unit, but at least we can easily get a replacement.

• 4 weeks later...

I wouldn't get the LTE nexus 9. The LTE version always gets stiffed when it comes to updates. Look at the LTE nexus 7 which is still waiting on lollipop. If you don't care about updates then android cellular tabs are fine. Also the mod community for cellular version s of android tabs are almost non existent. The only safe tablet for LTE and insured support is the iPad

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

So has anyone actually got a nexus 9 lte on sprint?

If so how does it work?

it's on sale $379/32gig/lte @ http://www.expansys-usa.com/google-nexus-9-unlocked-lte-32gb-indigo-black-268547/

That model does not support Sprint's LTE Bands.  Even Google's Play store listing no longer lists it as Sprint compatible.  Sadly, I don't believe anyone has had success with using the N9 LTE on Sprint.  I picked up a Zing hotspot and just use that in the family SUV on road trips.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Similar Content

• By Nrbelex
      The rumor mill has fully geared up, so it seems time for a thread in which the potential HTC-made 2016 Nexus phones can be discussed.

Rumors suggest two phones: a 5" device codenamed Sailfish, and a larger device codenamed Marlin. Both are thought to be produced by HTC. [There's also a report that Google is making its own phone, without an OEM partner--along the lines of a Pixel phone--but that report has been largely discounted.]

Android Police has claimed it knows with 8/10 certainty some specs of the smaller device--Sailfish:
      Manufactured by HTC 5" 1080p display (~440PPI) Quad-core 2.0GHz 64-bit processor (model unknown) 4GB RAM 2770mAh battery 32GB storage (unknown if multiple models will be available, or even if this is the base storage level) 12MP rear camera, 8MP front Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner USB-C port (bottom) Bottom-firing speaker or speakers (unknown if dual) Top-mounted headphone jack Bluetooth 4.2 Any thoughts on these devices? The last several Nexus devices have been Sprint compatible; is there any reason to think these won't be? Any hints in regulatory filings? How is HTC's radio performance, generally? Will Sprint sell them directly, and even if they do, will it still be preferable to buy directly from Google?
    • By jefbal99
      Only specs I've really seen leaked are 5.7" screen and based on the unannounced "Mate 8" model.

From http://www.breathecast.com/articles/nexus-2015-rumors-news-leaked-video-reveals-specs-of-purported-2015-huawei-nexus-video-30407/

The Mate 7 had a 4100+mah battery, speculation is that this could have the same or bigger.

Anything passed through the FCC for a US and/or Sprint version that covers the Spark bands?  I'm in the market for a new phone this fall and will be going off contract, buying a Nexus.
    • By derrph
      With the FCC and Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon have agreed to this new unlocking policy. How does this effect sprint phones such as the IPhone. I have heard that Sprint can unlock your phone but you can not take it to other carriers such as Verizon and the IPhone can only be used overseas.  (Correct me if I am wrong). I am glad that this has finally happened. But when it comes to Sprint how would this work?
    • By latinoboi30
      If anyone here is in the Houston Texas area, are you or have u gotten any 4g lte connections around town and if so where about?

If not, does anyone have any info as to when lte will go live in the city
    • By ufergus
      I just got back from a trip to Canada with my Nexus 5.  After reviewing my options I decided to go the local prepaid sim card route.  I went with Petro-Canada which is offering a $5 micro sim with a minimum of a $15 top up to the account.  I then used $10 of the account balance for an allocation of 100MB of data.  Each additional MB after the 100 is only $0.10 too so there is no penalty for running over.  The only gotcha I ran into, being new to gsm/umts, was the need to program the APN settings.  Petro-Canada doesn't make it entirely clear either.  Well at least it wasn't for me.  They have settings on their website but they are listed under MMS settings.  Anyway, once I got it working the Nexus performed well and I had plenty of data available for my short trip to the north.  The plan did not include any LTE connections but I was able to connect to HSPA+, as indicated by signal check, so my speeds were very good.  When I got back I swapped my Sprint sim back in and everything worked as expected.  So if you find yourself headed north, check out Petro-Canada.  It worked very well for me.
    • Ah, I see.  Thanks for those details! It is great to see some posts on this subject.
    • I was reading the FCC filing for the Pixel 6 yesterday and saw that it included n258 - I was wondering what that was. That will be my next phone so nice to know it will support this new spectrum. 
    • The decommissioning of Sprint sites has started, the optimistic worrying starts about which sites they will keep and convert. Only 2 out of the 3 B41 sectors are on Cellmapper, and 0 B25/26 sectors. I think another site near me also got turned off/decom'd, but I haven't checked it yet. I guess its time to start paying more attention to Sprint sites... Link to street view of the site via Google Maps ,  Link to the site in Cellmapper . Nov 2020 view: Pic of the empty top and poles on the side of the building removed, taken 2 days ago:
    • Haven't gone anywhere yet, so I can't speak to benefits.  My issue was that I was out on Monday morning and it appears that T-Mobile has turned off several Sprint towers near me.  I was sitting in a parking lot near Landmark Mall on -118 dBm Band 25 because two of the sites I used to connect to there were apparently not running, so data would barely move.  This is in addition to my home site which has been off for several weeks, but that wasn't an issue because I don't use wireless data at home.  But if they're starting to turn off Sprint sites and leave holes, then there's really no alternative. So far, I've only seen T-Mobile, but that makes sense since I've only been home and my home site is gone on Sprint, so the site I had been connecting to was a lot weaker.  I'll have to see when I'm out and about, possibly this weekend. When ROAMAHOME came out, I had that removed and blocked from my account since T-Mobile's network is so lousy, so my lines were not automatically pushed to MULTOCN.  I had to have the block removed and then MULTOCN manually added.  That's probably not typical. - Trip
    • Are you seeing a benefit from MOCN?  Is it true that MOCN is highly biased to using T-Mobile towers?  Should everyone with a non-5G phone ask for MOCN? I had the impression it was supposed to be automatic now, perhaps even without being entered explicitly.  Is this not the case?  I realize that it may take some time to draw conclusions so if you do not know yet that is fine. Thanks!