Home isp vs Sprint

ab30494

Just curious what is everyone's download speed of you home ISP vs Sprint's

3824759894.png

This is with cox

1000627086.png

Slow day for me. I usually get around 5 down average at my house. Go a few blocks down and i  get 20 mbps down often. 

i get about 1.5Mbps down and at least 768K upload on sprint. home ISP is Time warner with the 30/5 package. when or if sprint ever launches LTE here on 1900MHz it would probably be faster but just because the upload would be faster.

Edited by stuckinohio1

now that i think about it i am questioning the relevance of this topic. maby once or IF sprint ever gets into the wireless broadband industry seriously that we can start comparing coverage and speeds to other home ISPs i think this would be a great thread. but right now? hmmm im not so sure.

OP im not bashing you or anything its just i think this thread should be saved for the future of "if" or "when" sprint becomes a serious ISP. it is interesting to think about though.

Edited by stuckinohio1

I'm using a Netgear LTE Gateway 6100D and Sprint as my ISP until TWC gets up off their ass and repairs the damaged cable feed from the curb to my house. This is a speed test on B41, the tower is about a mile and a half from meeqa9ugyg.jpg

• Like 3

I'm using a Netgear LTE Gateway 6100D and Sprint as my ISP until TWC gets up off their ass and repairs the damaged cable feed from the curb to my house. This is a speed test on B41, the tower is about a mile and a half from me

Awesome to see that Nethgear in action. Try ookla speedtest, tends to be a bit more accurate due to closer servers. that ping time is definitely not quite right.

Did you purposely post a speed test from Tmo from 4 years ago?

Woah, not sure what happened there. :P

If you click on it it'll show the correct speedtest...

EDIT: Tapatalk isn't letting me edit the other post, so here's the correct image:

975714596.png

Edited by nahum365
  • Like 4

My home ISP = AT&T DSL...just waiting on something better to come along (likely, years from now - even with fiber  under my drive...)

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3821991987

Sprint band 25 (no 41/26 near me..but I do have a couple 41/26 tests...41 from Atlanta and 26 from McComb, MS)

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/940776041

This is from my home in Grand Rapids:

Comcast Residental Cable Internet :

3828531380.png

AT&T dry-loop DSL for Business, now-rebranded "Uverse" :

3828543174.png

- - - Wireless - - -

My Sprint LG G3, on -90dbm of Band 26 LTE :

0.32mb down, 1.16mb up

My T-Mobile Nexus 5, on AWS LTE :

20.04mb down, 11.89mb up

I don't know if this counts or not, since it isn't my device. But a friend has been playing with his new iPhone 6 on Verizon here, and we got their "XLTE" AWS LTE service around the beginning of this year:

114.91mb down, 31.22mb up

• Like 1

Local DSL provider (Iserv): 0.64Mbps up / 0.34 Mbps down / ping 49 ms

Band 24 (@ around -112 dBm): 2.13 Mbps up / 0.22 Mbps down / ping 87 ms

3G (@ around -83 dBm): 0.54 Mbps up / 0.23 Mbps down / ping 96ms

DSL is the *only* option (other than satellite) for broadband in my neighborhood. The local ISP was the only one that would offer DSL to my house at the time, and they warned me not to expect top of the range speeds, as I was at the limit of distance from the CO. I signed up anyway, and have had excellent service from them. The funny part is, they resell service over AT&T's line, who had told me that DSL was unavailable in my area; 18 months later, I started to get spammed relentlessly by AT&T, wanting me to switch to *their* DSL :blink: . Just one more reason to hate AT&T.

Well... My home ISP is through my little Sierra 250U modem (yes I know, I should upgrade to the router, but don't have the extra $$ at the moment) since I live out in the middle of no where, where there is no cable or DSL available... maybe someday. Lets just say I'm VERY thankful for Sprint!  :D

So this is what I get through my Sierra 250U modem & Cradlepoint MBR95 router:

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/1003883122

And here is my LG G3 at a -79 signal on B26:  

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/1003874804

• Like 1

Local DSL provider (Iserv): 0.64Mbps up / 0.34 Mbps down / ping 49 ms

Band 24 (@ around -112 dBm): 2.13 Mbps up / 0.22 Mbps down / ping 87 ms

3G (@ around -83 dBm): 0.54 Mbps up / 0.23 Mbps down / ping 96ms

DSL is the *only* option (other than satellite) for broadband in my neighborhood. The local ISP was the only one that would offer DSL to my house at the time, and they warned me not to expect top of the range speeds, as I was at the limit of distance from the CO. I signed up anyway, and have had excellent service from them. The funny part is, they resell service over AT&T's line, who had told me that DSL was unavailable in my area; 18 months later, I started to get spammed relentlessly by AT&T, wanting me to switch to *their* DSL :blink: . Just one more reason to hate AT&T.

your upload speed is faster than your download speed in every instance? thats weird.

• Like 1