iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

I have no doubt, that as part of this whole leasing and re-selling (or re-leasing) process, there will be some kind of refurbishing system established (with or without apples help/approval), where brightstar or whatever the name is, will employ low cost labor to factory reset iphone firmwares/storage along with buffing out and/or replacing minorly damaged screens/etc and re-packaging them into either sprint branded or co-branded sprint/iphone refurb/used boxes with new cable/power bricks and sold retail along side or even in place of, new units.

I have to admit, it is a beautiful plan, the first adopters can get their new toys whenever they come out, for generally less than the full cost in exchange for an infinite payment plan, while the secondary adopters/old/poor/less technical people can pick up used devices in ostensibly good condition that are still supported by apple IOS updates, for cheaper than shelling out for the latest and greatest.

Sprint also wins by putting this into a separate company which absorbs all the risks, and the aforementioned additional subscriber adds by providing used/older high end iphones to people who would not normally have been a sprint and/or iphone customer. Thus filling the gap left by apple, by not providing a low end phone option (other then the iphone 5c).

Whether apple will actively support or fight this concept is open to debate, but I think as long as it is done in a manner which doesn't blemish apple's reputation, they will let it slide or even outright support it.

• Like 4

Does anyone know of a skin that actually provides some grip. Not a case, but like dbrand skins. I was reading into them but they really don't add much grip, which would be the only reason I would get one of those.

Sent from my iPhone 6 usinf Crapatalk

On apples website when I enter my information, it says I have a 2 year upgrade available. But then on Sprint's it says I don't....I wonder if I can pre order the 6s on the 2 year contract pricing and Sprint will never know 

• Like 1

I have no doubt, that as part of this whole leasing and re-selling (or re-leasing) process, there will be some kind of refurbishing system established (with or without apples help/approval), where brightstar or whatever the name is, will employ low cost labor to factory reset iphone firmwares/storage along with buffing out and/or replacing minorly damaged screens/etc and re-packaging them into either sprint branded or co-branded sprint/iphone refurb/used boxes with new cable/power bricks and sold retail along side or even in place of, new units.

I have to admit, it is a beautiful plan, the first adopters can get their new toys whenever they come out, for generally less than the full cost in exchange for an infinite payment plan, while the secondary adopters/old/poor/less technical people can pick up used devices in ostensibly good condition that are still supported by apple IOS updates, for cheaper than shelling out for the latest and greatest.

Sprint also wins by putting this into a separate company which absorbs all the risks, and the aforementioned additional subscriber adds by providing used/older high end iphones to people who would not normally have been a sprint and/or iphone customer. Thus filling the gap left by apple, by not providing a low end phone option (other then the iphone 5c).

Whether apple will actively support or fight this concept is open to debate, but I think as long as it is done in a manner which doesn't blemish apple's reputation, they will let it slide or even outright support it.

IMO the best part of this is that having a reliable source of cheaper iPhones for resale which Apple really wants because it is getting stomped on by the cheaper Android phones (most notably Motorola). This accomplishes that while letting Apple sell at it's very high price new at retail. I imagine that Apple is a big supporter of regaining marketshare and getting iPhones into the hands of more people who will probably buy new from them in the future.

• Like 1

Man, if we get carrier aggregation, wouldn't that almost (finally) guarantee a re-design of Field Test? I mean, they'll have to stick PCC/SCC in there. A man can only dream.

Sent from my iPhone 6

• Like 1

Man, if we get carrier aggregation, wouldn't that almost (finally) guarantee a re-design of Field Test? I mean, they'll have to stick PCC/SCC in there. A man can only dream.

Sent from my iPhone 6

They'll probably just stick it in the current Field Test. When LTE was added for the iPhone 5, they didn't redesign it for the 4" display. Because Field Test is an internal app, redesigning it not on the to-do list at all. But dreaming never hurt anyone ;)

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus

Pretty much. But even the last update for iOS 9, update 4, seemed like a bit of a step back RF wise. Maybe people on Sprint are having a different experience but on VZW it seems like a half step back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In what way might the OS be effecting reception?

I thought I had read somewhere that there was a design improvement of some kind that was going to enhance (6S) reception. It may be my memory mixing rumors and past news up. There was this article recently regarding the new Qualcom chip that should help on VZW and Sprint.

http://9to5mac.com/2015/07/01/phone-6s-twice-as-fast-better-battery/

In what way might the OS be effecting reception?

I thought I had read somewhere that there was a design improvement of some kind that was going to enhance (6S) reception. It may be my memory mixing rumors and past news up. There was this article recently regarding the new Qualcom chip that should help on VZW and Sprint.

http://9to5mac.com/2015/07/01/phone-6s-twice-as-fast-better-battery/

It's not the OS itself, it is the software in the OS that controls the antennas in the device.

-Anthony

It's not the OS itself, it is the software in the OS that controls the antennas in the device.

-Anthony

Thanks - so is that something that is tailored for each wireless company? or more generaly each band? or is it something that just works better in certain situations than others.

Thanks - so is that something that is tailored for each wireless company? or more generaly each band? or is it something that just works better in certain situations than others.

I believe it's a little mix of all three.

-Anthony

So I did the 1$ try thing for the s6 edge. Not because I am leaving Apple, but purely because I want to see if CA is activated anywhere near me lol...

And hey, its 1$. Hope they provide it with an unlimited or high data cap. lol

• Like 1

So I did the 1$ try thing for the s6 edge. Not because I am leaving Apple, but purely because I want to see if CA is activated anywhere near me lol...

And hey, its 1$. Hope they provide it with an unlimited or high data cap. lol

Is that still through Best Buy and do you have to be elligible for an upgrade?

Is that still through Best Buy and do you have to be elligible for an upgrade?

No, he's talking about this new Samsung promo where you get a 30 day trial with the S6E/S6E+/Note 5 with whatever carrier of choice.

• Like 1

No, he's talking about this new Samsung promo where you get a 30 day trial with the S6E/S6E+/Note 5 with whatever carrier of choice.

Oh wow did not know about that. I'm assuming they want a CC on file right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny, if you use Safari and use the IOS 8.1 user agent then it will allow you to sign up without having to be on an iPhone.

It says all devices on Sprint are not available for me.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

It says all devices on Sprint are not available for me.

Yeah, the stock flew off the shelves pretty fast. Guess a lot of people are curious about their LTE coverage!

Yeah, the stock flew off the shelves pretty fast. Guess a lot of people are curious about their LTE coverage!

Haha. That's what I wanted to do. Sure other people just want to try out the phone.

Haha. That's what I wanted to do. Sure other people just want to try out the phone.

That's how it is with all 3 devices on all 4 carriers. I'll keep checking because I want to check out the Note 5 in general, and yes, trying to see if CA is active in Vegas.

• Like 1

That's how it is with all 3 devices on all 4 carriers. I'll keep checking because I want to check out the Note 5 in general, and yes, trying to see if CA is active in Vegas.

Im not sure if I'll make it my daily driver for a little while or just have it with me to test data. I might make it a daily driver if it isn't super difficult to port my data over.... But I doubt it lol

• Like 1

I tried running a G4 for a week. Everything is so scattered on Android. Needless to say, it got returned today.

Sent from my iPhone 6

This will probably happen to me too. Should be interesting though. My first time having an android device in my possession since January of 2012