iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

Pretty much. But even the last update for iOS 9, update 4, seemed like a bit of a step back RF wise. Maybe people on Sprint are having a different experience but on VZW it seems like a half step back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Works just as well for me.

-Anthony

I wish apple will do away with the iCloud music having to be on to make playlists. I don't want to see all my music I have bought over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apple needs to break all of its apps away from the OS. They should be upgradable from the App Store, and not have to be bundled in an OS upgrade. 8.4.1 just to update Apple Music?

Sent from my iPhone 6

Bit of a late reply but 8.4.1 was mostly to patch "security issues" including, unfortunately but unsurprisingly, the Taig jailbreak.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus

• Like 1

Even on public beta 3 I noticed I don't seem to get LTE like I used to on 8.3? 8.2? I don't remember. Either way it's irritating. I just want my phone to work and have a decent connection the majority of the time.

I've noticed it is better than carrier bundle 20.1. I haven't had any issues with connectivity, at least yet.

Hello, I was looking into rolling back to 19.1 and I made it through this procedure but when I go to load the file I downloaded there isnt a file with .ipcc. In itunes I click on .ipcc drop down and it doesnt find the file.   Do I need to rename the file? Is the .ipcc file not in the link below anymore?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

I might have just figured out a way to downgrade carrier bundles.

1.) download this file: http://nahum365.github.io/Sprint_CSIM_LTE_US_iPhone.ipcc

2.) enable carrier testing in iTunes

On Windows:
Open iTunes via Command Prompt with this command-

%ProgramFiles%\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1

On OS X:
Quit iTunes then run this command in Terminal-

defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool YES

3.) Plug your device in and while holding shift (Windows) or option (Mac) press Check for Update or Restore. When the dialog comes up, choose IPCC you just downloaded. You should then be on 19.1.

• Like 1

Hello, I was looking into rolling back to 19.1 and I made it through this procedure but when I go to load the file I downloaded there isnt a file with .ipcc. In itunes I click on .ipcc drop down and it doesnt find the file.   Do I need to rename the file? Is the .ipcc file not in the link below anymore?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

I got it guys.  Thanks.  My PC was changing the file.  I did it on my mac and it went smooth. 

• Like 4

I got it guys.  Thanks.  My PC was changing the file.  I did it on my mac and it went smooth. 

Odd how it was exclusive to PC. I can't remember if the users were having the same issue with finding the file on PC. It's probably somewhere in this thread.

Let us know how it ends up working out. I am curious to see if the rf engineer can pinpoint the issue with 20.1...

I will do. Working good so far. If I reboot my phone it goes to 20.0? I didn't ask just pushed me to 20.0. I went back in and and pushed 19.1. At least it is something for me to push back with. Do android phones use the same carrier bundles but for android? Would some android phones have a similar carrier issue?

I will do. Working good so far. If I reboot my phone it goes to 20.0? I didn't ask just pushed me to 20.0. I went back in and and pushed 19.1. At least it is something for me to push back with. Do android phones use the same carrier bundles but for android? Would some android phones have a similar carrier issue?

No. It'll constantly try to tell you to update to the new carrier but you can choose not now, and just avoid it. Not sure about android. Someone here has to know, just have to wait for some other members to chime in.

Sent from my iPhone 6 usinf Crapatalk

When I loaded 19.1, it would occasionally put me back to 20.0. It's weird. After it did that a few times, I just gave up, and took the 20.1 update. I don't notice a difference. One thing I'm learning is that the iPhone isn't as bad as we think. I've spent a week using a G4, and it's nearly identical to maybe a hair better (due to stronger radios). When I'm using signal check, it shows the neighboring cells, and I rarely see one standing out -10dbm-ish stronger, which could be band 26. The reason phones are dropping to 3G, and not catching band 26 is because band 26 signal isn't stronger in a lot of places (optimization needed). Your phone won't switch to band 26 just because it's "supposed" to be stronger. The day will come where band 26 is actually transmitting a strong signal, and your phone will want to attach to it.

Sent from my iPhone 6

• Like 2

I have that same issue with it automatically going to 20.0. I don't remember there even being a 20.0 carrier bundle. IIRC it went from 19.1 to 20.1.

I have that same issue with it automatically going to 20.0. I don't remember there even being a 20.0 carrier bundle. IIRC it went from 19.1 to 20.1.

iOS 8.4 came with 20.0 out of the box for those that didn't have 20.1 already on their devices.

• Like 4

What are all of your thoughts on the new iPhone forever plan? Personally, I love it. I'm going in this week to sign up. I'll give them a burner phone I have in my drawer, and end up with an iPhone 6+ 64 for 23.77/mo, bringing my monthly bill to 68.77+tax, and a brand new iphone every year. Is it a bad deal? It's really a plan for anyone not planning on leaving Sprint, and for anyone who needs the newest iPhone every year, which is me.

Sent from my iPhone 6

• Like 1

What are all of your thoughts on the new iPhone forever plan? Personally, I love it. I'm going in this week to sign up. I'll give them a burner phone I have in my drawer, and end up with an iPhone 6+ 64 for 23.77/mo, bringing my monthly bill to 68.77+tax, and a brand new iphone every year. Is it a bad deal? It's really a plan for anyone not planning on leaving Sprint, and for anyone who needs the newest iPhone every year, which is me.

Sent from my iPhone 6

The only thing I don't like is the leasing part. I want to own my phone at the end of the payment period.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The only thing I don't like is the leasing part. I want to own my phone at the end of the payment period.

I'm there with ya. I don't like the idea of not owning my phone. It'll take a while for me to pivot on that, though.

• Like 1

I'm there with ya. I don't like the idea of not owning my phone. It'll take a while for me to pivot on that, though.

Yeah my Father and I are the same way. We like to own our phones outright, and now that Apple has unlocked versions of their phones that support all the carriers, we just get the unlocked devices so that we can use whatever carrier we want. Of course, we have no intentions of leaving Sprint, but it makes international travel much easier. :)

-Anthony

I am in the same thought.  I like owning the phone outright.  I do not want to turn in a phone to get another.

I have my previous iPhone as a backup because you never know what will happen to the one you are currently using.  I will do the same with the 6 Plus currently in use once I upgrade again.  As for the 6s, I will need to see the full specs of the phone when it is released before I decide.  With CA, updated WiFi antennas, new processor etc..., I just want to make sure that the phone is not just slightly better than the current.  If it is significant, I will upgrade.  

• Like 1

As for the 6s, I will need to see the full specs of the phone when it is released before I decide. With CA, updated WiFi antennas, new processor etc..., I just want to make sure that the phone is not just slightly better than the current. If it is significant, I will upgrade.

Same here. I want the new iPhone but the new Moto is really calling my name.

Guess we'll see what happens when they announce it.

I don't get the difference, or why some prefer to own. Yeah, I've usually owned my iPhones outright, but if I want the new one every year, and I'm not leaving sprint, then who cares.

Sent from my iPhone 6

• Like 1

I don't get the difference, or why some prefer to own. Yeah, I've usually owned my iPhones outright, but if I want the new one every year, and I'm not leaving sprint, then who cares.

Sent from my iPhone 6

Apple needs to allow transferable AppleCare.

Sent from my iPhone 6 usinf Crapatalk

• Like 2

Sent from my iPhone 6

Really, there isn't much difference.  For myself personally, I prefer to purchase and have a back up phone somewhere close.

One caveat to the trade in for the next newer model.  Will the condition of the phone that is being traded possibly change the amount they are willing to allow for the upgrade.  I have a feeling that some condition problems with the phone will affect the trade in value at some point.

Really, there isn't much difference. For myself personally, I prefer to purchase and have a back up phone somewhere close.

One caveat to the trade in for the next newer model. Will the condition of the phone that is being traded possibly change the amount they are willing to allow for the upgrade. I have a feeling that some condition problems with the phone will affect the trade in value at some point.

According to everything I've read, it only has to power on, be free of major damage (cracked screen, missing battery cover, etc.), be a smartphone running windows/android/iOS (no feature phones), and have a value of more than $0 on their buyback website.

Edit: and it also doesn't have to be a Sprint phone, and can't currently be a Sprint phone on lease or easy pay.

Sent from my iPhone 6

Marcelo is going to start re-selling all these used iphones to people who can't/don't want to pay full prices for new iphones and low income groups to drive adding line counts.

• Like 2