iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

Im going to bring the edge with me to work today. I really want to find some CA. What exactly should I look for. And what is the engineering screen on this thing. *#3001 or something like that I thought. I already have signal check installed obviously .

I am understanding why quick charging is so important for this phone, considering it usually gets 4 hours of on screen time according to other peoples reviews. Regardless, I would definitely love to have quick charging in iPhone.

Im wondering how to see that screen also. I ran a speed test at my job but its only 50mbps but that get that on my iphone. Yea quick charging is your best friend but dang its soooo much crap running in rhe back ground that i had to disable so much stuff.

Im not going to worry about the 2gb thing becuase it wasnt stated in the terms. Im just going to use this phone like I would my iphone. Besides its going back when I get my iphone in the mail.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Edited by derrph
  • Like 1

For those of you that are trying out the Samsung devices and do want to jump ship, here is more incentive to do so:

http://9to5mac.com/2015/08/28/samsung-ultimate-test-drive-bribe/

Nice device but I'm not jumping. But I'll jump to the next iPhone though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Well ive used the note 5 for a few hours and so far I like it. What i like most is that the phone feels compact and easy to hold in one hand. The stylus is dope for snapchat. Not crazy about the keyboard though and the sicknesses of the phone. Still not switching from iPhone

You can switch keyboards.

Sent from my Tab 4

• Like 1

For those of you that are trying out the Samsung devices and do want to jump ship, here is more incentive to do so:

http://9to5mac.com/2015/08/28/samsung-ultimate-test-drive-bribe/

a nice bonus but for me it wouldn't work out i have well over $200 worth of apps and content I would have to replace, between the app store and iTunes... for those less invested it is a compelling offer, if you like the phones that is.  

• Like 1

You can switch keyboards.

Sent from my Tab 4

I know. I'm getting better with the stock keyboard. I'm just so accustomed to my iPhone auto correcting on the fly.

• Like 1

I know. I'm getting better with the stock keyboard. I'm just so accustomed to my iPhone auto correcting on the fly.

You have to turn that on. Click on the microphone thing and hold it. Then go to settings and turn on auto replace
  • Like 1

You have to turn that on. Click on the microphone thing and hold it. Then go to settings and turn on auto replace

Thanks for that info! I was in the process of being a master in manual typing lol.

• Like 2

Thanks for that info! I was in the process of being a master in manual typing lol.

I spent quite some time researching g how to turn that on lmao. No way I go from auto correct to none at all... it's too difficult. Just used the heart rate sensor to check my pulse. Apparently my resting heart rate is 68. Not bad.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

I spent quite some time researching g how to turn that on lmao. No way I go from auto correct to none at all... it's too difficult. Just used the heart rate sensor to check my pulse. Apparently my resting heart rate is 68. Not bad.

I agree 100% I think when I go to the gym later I'm going to use that sensor and compare it to my apple watch. I made the mistake and brought my iphone with me to work and I keep using it instead of this note 5.

• Like 1

I agree 100% I think when I go to the gym later I'm going to use that sensor and compare it to my apple watch. I made the mistake and brought my iphone with me to work and I keep using it instead of this note 5.

I'm not sure if I'll leave my iPhone at home. Maybe... lol I really don't want to carry around two phones. But I might as well test this thing out for at least one day while out and about. Going to head to the gym as soon as this pre workout kicks in....

Noticed my notifications aren't showing up when the screen is off... odd

That's in my top 3 of android gripes. We iPhone users are used to the screen lighting up when we get a text, or other alert. Android can't do it without special apps.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

What is the actual capacity of the 64GB 6+?

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

55.4 GB is the capacity shown in the settings.

Its showing I have 13.2 GB left, but no idea where it went since I'm not storing any media, hmm I should probably investigate that.

Its showing I have 13.2 GB left, but no idea where it went since I'm not storing any media, hmm I should probably investigate that.

A big chunk of mines was messages. I had about 10gb alone used up by that.

• Like 1

Has anyone successfully got their phone and/or camera replaced?

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone6plus-isightcamera/

My 6+ is on the list, but I can't say that I have noticed anything, yet.

How obvious or apparent is the blurriness?

What is the actual capacity of the 64GB 6+?

I'm not 100% sure, but remember that iOS 9 will have app slimming so everything will be much, much smaller.

About 55gb

Sent from my iPhone 6+

I'm not 100% sure, but remember that iOS 9 will have app slimming so everything will be much, much smaller.

Thanks all 3 of you.

And sbolen, individual developers do have to embrace app slimming in their app code to chop down the overall size of the apps.

Apple could help that along too if they were to work with those game engine developers to allow the engine, like Unreal, to be installed on iOS. Then all games that use them would slim down dramatically too.

I think the 64 is my sweet spot. I have a ton of apps, and around 2000 photos/100 videos, and very little music stored locally (I mostly stream XM). I have everything backing up to iCloud, and I've selected the "optimize photos" option which shaved off 5gb of my storage. I still have 47gb free.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 2

That's in my top 3 of android gripes. We iPhone users are used to the screen lighting up when we get a text, or other alert. Android can't do it without special apps.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Battery life would drop more than it already is if the screen kept lighting up with every notification. It's cool, but I don't see it working on Android without Motorola's implementation with active notifications on an amoled screen. Until manufacturers stop trying to make our phones into a razor blade and use a good sized battery many Android phones will be stuck with the notification light instead.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Battery life would drop more than it already is if the screen kept lighting up with every notification. It's cool, but I don't see it working on Android without Motorola's implementation with active notifications on an amoled screen. Until manufacturers stop trying to make our phones into a razor blade and use a good sized battery many Android phones will be stuck with the notification light instead.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Defintely. It just took me forever tot realize that's why it isn't showing up. I thought I had to turn a setting off. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Moderately Okay Tapatalk