iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

Has anybody heard when sprint will enable wifi calling on iOS 8? I know that it is already available with some android devices. how difficult is it to enable for iPhones?

Please ask your questions in relevant threads instead of starting new ones.

• Like 1

A question for those of you with B41 around... How does your B41 signal strength compare to B25 when the signals are coming from the same site?

We found one live site this week in my area, but the B41 signal is at least -25 dBm worse than B25 on the same site. Granted this is in an area with some taller buildings and stuff to block the line of sight... They could very well just have the power turned down for testing purposes since no other sites with B41 equipment installed in live in the area, but I wanted to get some feedback from other iPhone 6 users.

In my area, it is not nearly that drastic.

B41 performs about -2 to -8dBm worse than B25 from the same site, in most circumstances. I've seen B41 perform identical to B25 from the same site, too. It really depends.

I expect 88er equipment to perform really close to B25.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Crapatalk

Apple really let me down with how buggy their public release of iOS 8 has been. Lots of app crashes, and the developers for some reason are taking forever to update their apps. All of the zoomed in apps look like crap and don't utilize the whole screen. Tapatalk, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat...all of the ones you would think would have updated them already!

While I'm seeing some bugs here and there in iOS 8, I haven't had any rebooting issues.

My biggest grip is the lack of app support for the new screen size, but that is a dev issue.

I'm getting lag and stuttering with certain actions such as Control Center and Spotlight. Beyond that, my 6+ is really smooth.

• Like 1

In my area, it is not nearly that drastic.

B41 performs about -2 to -8dBm worse than B25 from the same site, in most circumstances. I've seen B41 perform identical to B25 from the same site, too. It really depends.

I expect 88er equipment to perform really close to B25.

I'd think if a b41 site is performing like a b25 that maybe it's still on old wiring or microwave versus the new fiber which allows the spectrum of b41 to utilize it

While I'm seeing some bugs here and there in iOS 8, I haven't had any rebooting issues.

My biggest grip is the lack of app support for the new screen size, but that is a dev issue.

I'm getting lag and stuttering with certain actions such as Control Center and Spotlight. Beyond that, my 6+ is really smooth.

Although it could've been better it seems the app updates are churning out.. I'm sure over the next few weeks they'll be many more to come
  • Like 1

I'd think if a b41 site is performing like a b25 that maybe it's still on old wiring or microwave versus the new fiber which allows the spectrum of b41 to utilize it

I'm referring to the RF performance of B41 vs. B25, not speed.

• Like 1

We were talking about signal strength / cell range not speed performance.  In our congested downtown area, even a -115 dBm B41 signal smokes a -80 dBm B25 signal in terms of speed throughput. (approx. 20 mbps vs 1 mbps respectively)

I'm referring to the RF performance of B41 vs. B25, not speed.

We were talking about signal strength / cell range not speed performance.  In our congested downtown area, even a -115 dBm B41 signal smokes a -80 dBm B25 signal in terms of speed throughput. (approx. 20 mbps vs 1 mbps respectively)

Our iPhones could use the range boost of 8t8r then.. when 8t8r comes does it affect all bands or just b41?

Has anyone gotten their iPhone 6 unlocked (for international use) by Sprint?  I remember that for iPhone 5s, the process was cumbersome.  You need to call sprint, they would do something, then you need to whip out itunes, do a full backup, factory reset, and then a restore.

Is the process easier with iPhone 6/6+?

I've been impressed with b41. It has actually pretty good range even on the old equipment. Either that or this phone is a beast for b41, which makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

It's is not the iPhone. B41 has pretty good range when compared to B25, even on the old Clearwire equipment. I observed this same exact thing on my G3.

• Like 1

Something off topic but I had the thought Apple would do this for the next iPhone even before the 6 was released...everyone was disappointed that the new iPhone didn't come with a sapphire screen.  My thought is that the iPhone 6S will be sapphire screen and thats what the "S" will stand for just like the 4S was "Siri" and 5S was "security." Just a fun thought I thought I'd throw out there  :)

• Like 1

Something off topic but I had the thought Apple would do this for the next iPhone even before the 6 was released...everyone was disappointed that the new iPhone didn't come with a sapphire screen. My thought is that the iPhone 6S will be sapphire screen and thats what the "S" will stand for just like the 4S was "Siri" and 5S was "security." Just a fun thought I thought I'd throw out there :)

What did the "S" mean for 3GS?

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

I'm going to choose to ignore that, as my 3GS outlived my LG Viper and my Galaxy Nexus.

I obviously wasn't being serious. ;)

My wife has an old 3GS that is totally beat up and still turns on and works perfectly.

What did the "S" mean for 3GS?

Yeah it was speed like schikka mentioned.  Because that 3G data is so fast you get those incredible speeds haha.  Though it was referring to processor speed not the data speed.

Speed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it was speed like schikka mentioned. Because that 3G data is so fast you get those incredible speeds haha. Though it was referring to processor speed not the data speed.

I thought that's what it meant, but I couldn't remember.

Yeah it was speed like schikka mentioned. Because that 3G data is so fast you get those incredible speeds haha. Though it was referring to processor speed not the data speed.

It does have that "4G" 7.2 HSPA though. ;)

EDIT: Actually they didn't start calling it "4G" until the iPhone 4, did they...

EDIT2: Quick Google shows that I was way off, it was the 4S and HSPA 14.4.

Edited by nahum365

It does have that "4G" 7.2 HSPA though. ;)

EDIT: Actually they didn't start calling it "4G" until the iPhone 4, did they...

EDIT2: Quick Google shows that I was way off, it was the 4S and HSPA 14.4.

Yeah if I remember correctly the first original iPhone was on 2G.  Then the iPhone 3G came out and was obviously using 3G.  Then the 3GS which still was just 3G but had improved internals for the "speed" factor