Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I hope so.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

For the initial rollout it may be a free for all. I think as more people have them in the same neighborhood, Sprint could get more picky on who gets one or not after that point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

http://investorplace.com/2017/03/t-mobile-us-inc-tmus-needs-merge-sprint-corp-s/2/#.WRYPu9Tytkg

I posted link to this article because there is a paragraph in there that mentions that tmobile is not prepared for 5g because they lack the fiber necessary for I guess for small cell backhaul. Whereas, verizon and att are way ahead of tmobile and sprint in term of fibers. But Sprint has a way around this problem mainly because of the amount of spectrum it has but also sprint has been installing massive mimo.

Can anyone confirm if any of this is true?

That's a dumb article really. It's all over the place. Says they don't have fiber but Sprint has spectrum. It doesn't really say Sprint has fiber or that Sprints spectrum will be backhaul. TMobile uses unlicensed mmWave backhaul which can easily provide multiple Gbps.

Everyone is deploying MIMO equipment. Whether it's used right now or not doesn't really matter. Massive MIMO is different, and I'm sure everyone has this in the labs being tested.

Has anyone received a call about the magic box yet?

da hell is the magic box??

Reading through it looks like a beefed up air rave????  band 41 only?  Does it use your net connection, or grabs a weak cellular and enhances it??

da hell is the magic box??

Reading through it looks like a beefed up air rave???? band 41 only? Does it use your net connection, or grabs a weak cellular and enhances it??

Works great, grabs signal from your local macro and gives me 100% coverage on my first, second and full basement.

My magic box, which is the first model works great!!!!

30ea74eaa7a1b4dbda8c76c723988e7b.jpgd31dac222facce1a9368fcc3d52374fd.jpg1d0c11a6de533c2530b91bdbdb406a97.jpg

• Like 4

Is there any benefit of having the magic box over the upcoming Airave 3 if broadband internet is available at home?

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

airave will help if u need better voice but magic box data is sweet

And damn strong.... brought my signal from -108 at magic

Box to -70 to my devices, depending where in house!!!!

• Like 2

I got the call Tuesday evening. She said I was approved and it will be shipping in 8-12 weeks.

I wonder if the call is from one place/area code or numerous places. I usually do not answer calls that I do not know the number but have since placing my order. And so far the calls coming in are not Sprint but telemarketers. arrgghh.

I wonder if the call is from one place/area code or numerous places. I usually do not answer calls that I do not know the number but have since placing my order. And so far the calls coming in are not Sprint but telemarketers. arrgghh.

Mine came up Sprint on my caller id.

• Like 2

What was the phone number or area code? Getting a ton of robo calls which I've ignored.

I corrected my post. It was Friday afternoon but it was the regular 1800 Sprint number.

• Like 1

Works great, grabs signal from your local macro and gives me 100% coverage on my first, second and full basement.

My magic box, which is the first model works great!!!!

if you have wifi at the house, why would you want this?? doesn it just chew into data useage??

if you have wifi at the house, why would you want this?? doesn it just chew into data useage??

And battery life.... on one band always in ur house and not flipping around all 3, tremendous effect in ur phone!!!!

I would get b26/b25 on first floor, b25/b41 on second floor with b26/3G in basement.

With the magic box, b41 on all levels of my house with no drops to 3G at all.... incredible on the phones battery life for u short and long term!!!!

• Like 3

if you have wifi at the house, why would you want this??

To be a good wireless citizen, to help improve LTE signal for other users within a several hundred foot radius.

AJ

• Like 8

To be a good wireless citizen, to help improve LTE signal for other users within a several hundred foot radius.

AJ

Is the propagation of signal/square footage covered (Approximately 30,000 Square Feet Indoors and 100 Meters Outdoors) by the Magic Box greater than that from an 802.11ac Wi-Fi router?

Is the propagation of signal/square footage covered (Approximately 30,000 Square Feet Indoors and 100 Meters Outdoors) by the Magic Box greater than that from an 802.11ac Wi-Fi router?

Yes it is, especially when all magic box is doing is repeating the cell signal and just using your electric power to do it.

• Like 2

Yes it is, especially when all magic box is doing is repeating the cell signal and just using your electric power to do it.

Is it a repeater? I thought it was broadcasting its own b41 carrier amd using a separate b41 carrier for backhaul to the tower. That is what I understood any way.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Is it a repeater? I thought it was broadcasting its own b41 carrier amd using a separate b41 carrier for backhaul to the tower. That is what I understood any way.

That is what a repeater does. Wither it be radio or cell repeater.

That is what a repeater does. Wither it be radio or cell repeater.

I thought a repeater took the same carrier that the macro tower uses and repeats ut? From my understanding the magic box is utilizing Sprint,s vast b41 holdings creatively.

Why is sprint using its 2.5 to provide backhaul to these magic boxes? I heard sprint has been using microwave backhaul for many of its cell sites, why can't they do the same thing for these magic boxes instead of using 2.5?

I thought a repeater took the same carrier that the macro tower uses and repeats ut? From my understanding the magic box is utilizing Sprint,s vast b41 holdings creatively.

You will be on 1 channel or set of channels while the magic box to cell link will be on the other, if both links are in same channels then you have a collision problem. Same way for radio repeaters have a input and output frequencies.

You will be on 1 channel or set of channels while the magic box to cell link will be on the other, if both links are in same channels then you have a collision problem. Same way for radio repeaters have a input and output frequencies.

Maybe I dont have this right, but I thought that was exactly the problem with repeaters, that they cause interference it the werent used properly.

My understading is that if you had a building that had no signal in it they might install a repeater that would rebroad cast the same carrier to cover that indoor space that the macro tower was using. My understand of the magic box is that say you have a macro tower broad cast 3 carriers the magic box would broad cast a 4th to the end user and a 5 for use as backhaul. Is that not correct?

My understanding is repeaters can interfere with the signalbeing sent from the tower and the magic boxes can't. Sprint only has to worry about the magic boxes interfering with each other and they have developed network managment tools for that.

I think there's a bit of confusion about what a typical "booster" is versus one of the magic boxes.

A typical booster does exactly what you suggest--it boosts the signal on-frequency.  This can definitely cause interference problems for obvious reasons.

The magic box, by contrast, creates its own separate B41 carrier on separate spectrum, using the local macro for backhaul on its original frequency.

Why is sprint using its 2.5 to provide backhaul to these magic boxes? I heard sprint has been using microwave backhaul for many of its cell sites, why can't they do the same thing for these magic boxes instead of using 2.5?

Licensed microwave requires an outdoor antenna and, of course, a point-to-point license from the FCC including the coordinates of both end-points.  It would require additional antennas on the cell tower(s) as well.  Suffice it to say, significantly less trouble to use 2.5 GHz.

- Trip

• Like 5