Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Yes, I've roamed on AT&T UMTS to place voice calls in rural Nevada. I believe this was first reported early this year. 
If Sprint is still around in 2022, they will have no choice but to use LTE for calls or expand their coverage as att plans to shutdown Hspa+ in early 2022

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

If Sprint is still around in 2022, they will have no choice but to use LTE for calls or expand their coverage as att plans to shutdown Hspa+ in early 2022

I'm not sure if any carrier is doing VoLTE roaming yet, are they? The tricky part might be setting up the EUTRA session? I just know it's not at straightforward as regular LTE data roaming.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if any carrier is doing VoLTE roaming yet, are they? The tricky part might be setting up the EUTRA session? I just know it's not at straightforward as regular LTE data roaming.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Yeah they were. Sprint for data on T-Mobile,uscc and att. I think USCC might be the only LTE for calls I think

On 9/13/2019 at 12:44 PM, Brad The Beast said:

2nd Half 2019 RootMetrics reports are starting to come out. Here are a few highlights from what's available (both good and bad)

Baton Rouge, LA - Median download speed decreased from 17.6Mbps to 11.5Mbps

Boise, ID - Median download speed increased from 10.7Mbps to 18.9Mbps

Cincinnati, OH - Median download speed increased from 21.6Mbps to 31.1Mbps

Concord, CA -  Median download speed increased from 18.5Mbps to 32.1Mbps

Dayton, OH - Median download speed increased from 19.6Mbps to 28.2Mbps

El Paso, TX - Sprint had the fastest median download speed at 27.2Mbps, down from from 28.5Mbps on the last report

Las Vegas, NV - Sprint had the fastest median download speed at 46.5Mbps, up from 45.7Mbps on the last report. 

Madison, WI - Median download speed decreased from 12.2Mbps to 9Mbps

McAllen, TX - Median download speed increased from 10.5Mbps to 20.7Mbps. 

Minneapolis, MN - Median download speed increased from 24.1Mbps to 33.7Mbps. 

Portland, OR - Median download speed increased from 23.4Mbps to 43Mbps (wow!)

Provo, UT - Sprint had the fastest median download speed at 33.9Mbps, down from 37.8Mbps. 

Sarasota, FL - Median download speed decreased from 22.6Mbps to 14.1Mbps. 

Spokane, WA - Median download speed increased from 29.6Mbps to 39.8Mbps. 

Temecula, CA - Median download speed decreased from 24.2Mbps to 15.1Mbps. 

No awards. 

Colorado Springs, CO - Sprint recorded the fastest median download speed at 39.5 Mbps.

Fresno, CA - Median download speed decreased from 15.8Mbps to 10Mbps. 

Hartford, CT - Median download speed decreased from 24.3Mbps to 17.7Mbps.

Jackson, MS - Median download speed increased from 1.7Mbps (wow that's amazingly bad) to 17Mbps. (10x increase)

San Jose, CA - Sprint recorded the fastest median download speed at 46.4Mbps, up from 37.4Mbps.

Seattle, WA - "During outdoor walking tests in the dense urban core of Seattle, Sprint recorded the fastest median download speed at 45.0 Mbps".

Syracuse, NY - Median download speed decreased from 36.9Mbps to 25.3Mbps. 

Tuscon, AZ - Median download speed increased from 28.4Mbps to 42.6Mbps. 

Edited by S4GRU
wanted to show I can use color for emphasis too, not only negative news should be emphasized
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

Just 41+41. To get TD/FDD upload CA I'm not even sure if its possible.

Sent from my SM-G977P using Tapatalk

FDD/TDD UL CA is not in the short term plan. The goal is to use L1900 for uplink where possible. Even a 5x5 L1900 carrier with 4x4 MIMO and 256QAM can upload in excess of 30mbps. 

FDD/TDD UL CA is not in the short term plan. The goal is to use L1900 for uplink where possible. Even a 5x5 L1900 carrier with 4x4 MIMO and 256QAM can upload in excess of 30mbps. 
If that's the case I'm missing something because on a tower in a rural place in perfect line of sight using a S10 5G will give me 38 max on upload using b25 10mhz. Either 4x4 mimo or 256qam must be missing.

If that's the case I'm missing something because on a tower in a rural place in perfect line of sight using a S10 5G will give me 38 max on upload using b25 10mhz. Either 4x4 mimo or 256qam must be missing.

At this point I'm not holding my breath for FDD+ TDD until New TMobile

• Like 2

O how I would love to have such greatness. It will never happen though. I cry everytim
You can get 4xca under combined TMO and Sprint. 2+2+66+71. Maybe future device with 25+25+25+66+71

2 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

You can get 4xca under combined TMO and Sprint. 2+2+66+71. Maybe future device with 25+25+25+66+71

It'll be only 2+25+25+4+71 for a grand total of 30MHz on the downlink. T-Mo band 2 is only 5x5 (as of right now). Sprint has 2 5x5 b25 carriers. T-Mo band 4 is only 5x5. Band 71 is only 10x10.