Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

1 hour ago, stlman314 said:

Does anybody have issues with VoLTE quality calls? I have the V50 and finding myself having to turn it off sometimes to make calls.

None here.  Acutally, with VoLTE active, call quality has gone up a lot!  

• Like 2

I'm not a fan on the new Samsung GCI patterns. Any body have a breakdown on the new pattern? I feel lost out here with my market's one area of Samsung equipment.

9 hours ago, mdob07 said:

I'm not a fan on the new Samsung GCI patterns. Any body have a breakdown on the new pattern? I feel lost out here with my market's one area of Samsung equipment.

I have this pasted on to the back of my hunter phones:

wm4sMwU.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dkyeager said:

I have this pasted on to the back of my hunter phones:

wm4sMwU.jpg

Thanks! That's super helpful. All of the Samsung sites in the West KY markets seem to be running this configuration. Verizon is similar around here with their GCI patterns. Really threw me off when I first started running SCP on Verizon awhile back. 

5 hours ago, mdob07 said:

Thanks! That's super helpful. All of the Samsung sites in the West KY markets seem to be running this configuration. Verizon is similar around here with their GCI patterns. Really threw me off when I first started running SCP on Verizon awhile back. 

Western KY, ie Shentel?

2 hours ago, dkyeager said:

Western KY, ie Shentel?

West KY Market. Louisville, Owensboro KY, some southern Indiana, and southern Illinois. Mostly Ericsson territory but a handful of Samsung sites in Illinois and Indiana. I spent most of this week out in Illinois for work.

43 minutes ago, dro1984 said:

so mdob07... you didn't answer the question... is this a Shentel area?   

Negative, West KY is a Sprint Corporate market. To my knowledge Shentel isnt anywhere around here, except for the far eastern parts of KY. That would fall closer to East KY market which covers Lexington and most of eastern KY. 

• Like 1

On 8/25/2019 at 12:37 AM, JonnygATL said:

No Shentel has nothing to do with Kentucky. Both east and west were always Sprint corporate.

Sorry dude, I picked up Shentel near Maysville KY.  Once I reached Ripley OH just across the river heading north, it was Sprint Cincy Market.  Now I did blow it on my Western KY question.  My internal compass must have been off.  I was thinking the eastern portion.

Bro no problem. Not at all. I travel the nation and world and I absolutely love all the input! If I offended you I absolutely didn't intend to. Happy hunting!

Edit: LEXINGTON is the geographic center of Central Kentucky. Eastern Kentucky is culturally very distinct and rural. Not the educational, multi-cultural hub that Lexington is. Completely different worlds even though the physical distance isn't so great. 

51 minutes ago, Rickie546 said:

Looks like 5g launching officially in NYC, DC, LA & Phoenix as coverage maps updated with it today!

Yeah been getting it ever since I bought The V50 in the DC area, but now it's official, no wonder John Saw flew to NYC yesterday.

• Like 1

Important change to the eligible plans for Sprint's 5G: https://www.sprint.com/en/landings/5g.html

See "Step 2" on the page:

Choose your Unlimited plan
Best with Unlimited Premium
Also compatible with Unlimited Plus

Curious what's behind the change. Perhaps not enough people on Unlimited Premium?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

Darn it. Was looking around to upgrade my note 9 and really liked the ones but they didnt make a cdma sprint version so I ordered the note 10 and now this pop up. Oh well. Guess I may add another line. Lol

Looks like the 3 B41 carriers shifted to a different EARFCN today in Louisville, anybody else notice this in other areas? It was 40978, 41176, 41374. Now it's 41094, 41292, and 41490. I wonder what the reason for the shift was?

Looks like the 3 B41 carriers shifted to a different EARFCN today in Louisville, anybody else notice this in other areas? It was 40978, 41176, 41374. Now it's 41094, 41292, and 41490. I wonder what the reason for the shift was?

This happened in Orlando 4 months ago. From the looks of it they are using different b41 carriers.

Sent from my SM-G977P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mdob07 said:

I noticed when I made it home a little bit ago that my home site in Bullitt county was still the old configuration. Just since I've been home its been reconfigured. 

U2KGb2m.png