Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

https://www.engadget.com/amp/2019/08/27/sprint-s-5g-network-in-nyc-isn-t-crazy-fast-but-it-s-fast-enoug/

Turns out, Sprint does use "true" 5G for its uploads, but a spokesperson argued that "80 percent" of the carrier's network is on the downlink," and that it could add more uplink capacity if it needed to.

It sounds like they're using standalone with TDD config 5, at least in NYC.

5 minutes ago, Yuhfhrh said:

https://www.engadget.com/amp/2019/08/27/sprint-s-5g-network-in-nyc-isn-t-crazy-fast-but-it-s-fast-enoug/

It sounds like they're using standalone with TDD config 5, at least in NYC.

They added 4x4 Rank 4 in NYC 40mhz NR+60mhz LTE its now hitting speeds of nearly 600mbs.

Here's a little humor for the day... Looks like they told the rookie to loop up the excess at the pole. I've seen many figure 8 service loops before but damn... 

FKRwU6X.png

• Like 1

So 4 downlink and 2 uplink? 
I don't believe that's how it works. I any case in conjunction with 256qam speeds theoretical can reach 75 down and 25 up on a 5x5 b26 slice. It's even less with 4x2 mimo.

Sent from my SM-G977P using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, Brad The Beast said:

Does Sprint have 4x4 MIMO enabled for band 26 anywhere?

Many sites are 4x compatible but there aren't any devices with four lowband antennas. Nevertheless 4x at the site improves signal stability (at the cell edge) as well as propagation/penetration because there are simply more transmit paths. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, RAvirani said:

Many sites are 4x compatible but there aren't any devices with four lowband antennas. Nevertheless 4x at the site improves signal stability (at the cell edge) and propagation/penetration as there are simply more transmit paths. 

Ok. Someone is convinced that they are getting 67 down and 30 up over band 26 and I'm like "no".

People tried to tell them that but they threw a hissy fit. I think I managed to get through to them though. 
I seen the conversation. I personally think he roamed on Tmobile briefly and didnt notice.

Doesn't that just set it so it doesn't use 25 and 41 as the primary carrier?
No that makes it so you can't use those bands at all. It turns them off

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

10mhz of b25 cannot produce uploads that high. Even 15mhz of b25 would have to be perfect conditions to do 41 up.

Well Sprint only has B and G block in that area. They can only do 15x10 b25 at the max unless they just recently switched B block for C block with T-Mobile. That would give both contiguous 20x20. 

Well Sprint only has B and G block in that area. They can only do 15x10 b25 at the max unless they just recently switched B block for C block with T-Mobile. That would give both contiguous 20x20. 
Engineering screen and speed test at same time or it didnt happen. That's LAW

• Like 1