Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I agree. FAR EAST sounds like Japan to me.

I wonder where Neville Ray is...

Lol from Denver "Far East " would be west soooo you have a point if he was trying to be sneaky but I don't think he would be so excited as it's 50/50 at best for the merger.

I think he is flying to Europe.

• Like 1

The Far East is a geographical term for East Asia, which is where Marcello and Son are currently meeting.

Cryptic message? Maybe.

You are right of course, regarding the terminology. However, if Legere was in Colorado, perhaps that is a sign he was talking with executives at Dish. Yet, it does seem he is traveling to Japan in his mention about the Far East. Actually, I'll stop writing for now, so to quickly check Legere's Twitter for any updates which may be relevant to this.

Oh, he didn't say "Far East". Here is his quote : "John Legere @JohnLegere UpUpandAway Goodbye Denver!great meetings , I'm certain I'll be back soon... now I will fly FAR to the east... Happy Thursday".

Far to the east could mean Germany. Also, another thing to make me dislike Legere even more, despite whether he is joking or not, this is bad...

Emilee @wendtmissing @JohnLegere I wanna take my relationship to the next level/lower my bill. Plz convince my bf @mike_rhodes to switch from Verizon to my plan. John Legere @JohnLegere Replying to @wendtmissing and @mike_rhodes If he's not interested in the #Uncarrier or #TMobileTuesdays, you should consider seeing other people. 9:38 PM · Apr 27, 2017

• Like 1

The Far East is a geographical term for East Asia, which is where Marcello and Son are currently meeting.

Cryptic message? Maybe.

Wouldn't that be something if this is how it all came together?

And South Dakota.  And Wyoming.   ;)

How do you think Gilat's Press Release (October 26, 2016) fits into all this?

Gilat’s Satellite-based Cellular Backhaul Solution Selected by Sprint to Extend LTE Services to Metro Edge and Rural Areas in the US

Is there any evidence to-date that Sprint has moved on this?

Do much work to do! So little money to go around.... =(

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Based on the Debt Maturities Chart (http://investors.sprint.com/financials/default.aspx), FY 17' has a real spike in "Financing Obligations" and "Sprint Notes & Credit Facilities".

Perhaps Sprint should do another Tranche for SpectrumCo to free up funds for a targeted CapEx surge. That interest rate is only 3.36%.

It boggles the mind how Masa can spend $31 Billion on ARM and yet, covenants with Japanese banks prevent him from putting any more money into Sprint.

• Like 2

Based on the Debt Maturities Chart (http://investors.sprint.com/financials/default.aspx), FY 17' has a real spike in "Financing Obligations" and "Sprint Notes & Credit Facilities".

Perhaps Sprint should do another Tranche for SpectrumCo to free up funds for a targeted CapEx surge. That interest rate is only 3.36%.

It boggles the mind how Masa can spend $31 Billion on ARM and yet, covenants with Japanese banks prevent him from putting any more money into Sprint.

Maybe because Softbank is a conglomerate who decides a highly profitable and strategic company such as Arm is better in the long run than pouring money into a slowly recovering and self sufficient sprint.

Sprint is not Softbanks only investment that they do or die with. It is but one of many investments. A major one for sure but not of the significance many of us place on it.

Also don't multipost.

• Like 3

Maybe because Softbank is a conglomerate who decides a highly profitable and strategic company such as Arm is better in the long run than pouring money into a slowly recovering and self sufficient sprint.

Sprint is not Softbanks only investment that they do or die with. It is but one of many investments. A major one for sure but not of the significance many of us place on it.

Also don't multipost.

That's a good point... However, SoftBank announced that it was going to sell 25% of its stake in ARM barely 6 months after acquiring it. It's putting that money in a $100 Billion Investment fund. Even crumbs from that would do Sprint a world of good.

Slowly recovering yes, but I disagree that Sprint is fully self-sufficient at this point. I believe Sprint is still coasting along based on how SoftBank helped Sprint structure the SpectrumCo and the Handset Leasing vehicles, which have bought it time with lower debt payments for now, but they aren't a permanent fix. Ultimately, the Debt Load that Sprint faces going forward is a real challenge for dedicated CapEx to enable Sprint to remain competitive.

In addition to network adds, I'm hopeful the company will be able to say it achieved positive Free Cash Flow this past quarter during the Earnings Call, but that may not happen due to the ongoing debt load it's carrying. For what my opinion is worth, I'm surprised Masa doesn't see more upside with Sprint given its unique and substantial spectrum position for owning the 5G Network space.

Sorry for multiposting. I'll be more careful about that going forward.

• Like 2

How do you think Gilat's Press Release (October 26, 2016) fits into all this?

Gilat’s Satellite-based Cellular Backhaul Solution Selected by Sprint to Extend LTE Services to Metro Edge and Rural Areas in the US

Is there any evidence to-date that Sprint has moved on this?

Yes, they've been using it on COWs/COLTs in rural areas to reduce roaming.

• Like 1

Most of them are eventually supposed to be replaced with full builds as budget allows

Neat. So are the COWs/COLTs just parked there on an as-needed basis or semi-permanent basis?

Sprint could easily add coverage to remote areas like national parks with this technology.

Meanwhile John Legere, Marcelo and Son is discussing a possible merger.

No, such is supposition.  Please do not state it as fact.  That is how unsubstantiated rumors get started.

AJ

• Like 9

Have any proof of this? If not, your statement is out of place.

It was just a little joke with all the speculation behind why the T-Mobile and sprint executives were going to Japan and the Far East.

It was just a little joke with all the speculation behind why the T-Mobile and sprint executives were going to Japan and the Far East.

"Speculation" should be identified as such.  Your statement did not look like speculation or a joke. Any statement like you made requires some proof and it should be posted along with your statement.

• Like 3

As I quoted earlier here, I didn't see John Legere say "Far East", but rather "far to the east". There certainly is a difference.

Not to say I hate the idea of a merger between Sprint and T-Mobile, I'm not against it at all, other than I'd much rather T-Mobile merge with Dish. Besides, I don't think a Sprint merger with T-Mobile would get regulatory approval. That's all.

Slightly larger? You're underestimating the LTE expansion T-Mobile is currently undertaking. "Slightly" is an understatement in 2017.

Roaming agreements don't mean anything nowadays. 100 MB of roaming will dry up quick what we do with our phones today. Native coverage is more important than roaming.

And better voice coverage? No. T-Mobile wins that one. Sprint definitely wins reliability, but not coverage.

Why finance when you can bring your current phone? Or better yet, bring almost any cheap, mid-range, or luxury phone to MetroPCS. If you're with At&t or Verizon, chances are your phone will not work with Sprint but it will with MetroPCS.

There's a reason MetroPCS has seen success ever since they started going after the Sprint brand. People may not get the convenience of HD video or hotspot with MetroPCS. But for the savings and hassle free switching, it's winning a few people over.

If my company wants me to open files while I'm driving down the road in a conference call then they better damn well find someone stupid enough to do it cause I'm not doing that. Otherwise I'm at an airport or motel with WiFi available making the SvLTE a moot point.

Edited by rackhivee

...making the SvLTE a mute point.

I am just mute.  I would rather chew on broken glass than make a phone call on a cellphone.  So, SVLTE for me always is a mute point.  A moot point, too.

AJ

• Like 5

I am just mute. I would rather chew on broken glass than make a phone call on a cellphone. So, SVLTE for me always is a mute point. A moot point, too.

AJ

I knew that sounded a bit off.

• Like 1