Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

ummm wasn't Sprint calling the Airave the "magic box" since 2007?The Airave. A personal base station for the home. This time LTE.Although the webpage doesn't show the LTE version, just says 3G.

Not quite..Airave 3 is another product and requires user to supply backhaul like previous airaves, unlike the magic box..

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/sprint-announces-world-first-wireless-124900149.html

Basically this thing picks up backhaul from the local macro site and gives you a nice new clean signal.

• Like 4

Not quite..Airave 3 is another product and requires user to supply backhaul like previous airaves, unlike the magic box..

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/sprint-announces-world-first-wireless-124900149.html

Basically this thing picks up backhaul from the local macro site and gives you a nice new clean signal.

Is magic box free?

Really. Wow That is awesome.

But if one leaves Sprint and doesn't return it, it states (in that link you posted) that Sprint may charge up to $140 to a Sprint customer.

So even if they did charge for it, $140 isn't that bad. But Free is great. :)

I wonder how this may affect their bottom line giving so many out for free.

• Like 3

Really. Wow That is awesome.

But if one leaves Sprint and doesn't return it, it states (in that link you posted) that Sprint may charge up to $140 to a Sprint customer.

So even if they did charge for it, $140 isn't that bad. But Free is great. :)

I wonder how this may affect their bottom line giving so many out for free.

Same business model as Airave, its supplied to current customers as free option as long as you continue to be a customer.

And from what I'm seeing, it doesn't require a connection to your home Internet, basically a signal booster.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9b94a92213a4443d6a4ec55df320fbc6.jpgb0332905ffbdfbd57f064aaf89d91b86.jpg7d8798d85a0698b19a7535d6c829855d.jpg

The mb is the tits, need some b41 and near window to setup. It covers my entire house from second floor to full finished basement.

You'll see a decent speed, depending on the b41 signal coming into ur house but battery life is killer for me now!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Ironically there is a video of Gunther showing it off on the newsroom.sprint.com/magic-box site but it keeps crashing on my (work) pc.  :wall: Gonna have to switch to my incognito work laptop to view it.

Seems like this will go a long way toward solving those indoor LTE frustrations that people bring up about Sprint. Do you think there will ever be a point where customers would be given one of these along with their new line? If Sprint could get this into a lot of customers hands, they could build themselves a dense indoor small cell network for "free".

• Like 4

Ironically there is a video of Gunther showing it off on the newsroom.sprint.com/magic-box site but it keeps crashing on my (work) pc.  :wall: Gonna have to switch to my incognito work laptop to view it.

Direct link..

• Like 1

Because of the magic box, doesn't require you to use your isp connection, has the power to boost reception so signals and transmit them back to the cell site at a greater power then your phone can do. Will make a difference on thru put

• Like 2

Because of the magic box, doesn't require you to use your isp connection, has the power to boost reception so signals and transmit them back to the cell site at a greater power then your phone can do. Will make a difference on thru put

Yup, it makes a dramatic difference. Its quite a bit more powerful than your handset, and even supports 4x4MIMO for receiving a signal from Macro site.

• Like 1

I really wanted to known what Masa was going to say at the end of the conference call. To bad he got cut off, but it was kind of funny.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Yeah that was kinda bizarre..LOL

Early indications were that they were going to beat Street guidance. After digesting some of these numbers from this morning, it looks like a miss for the most part. The 42,000 postpaid adds were below what many were expecting, and they lost a lot of tablets. The stock is in a rough shape right now. I think Wall Street foolishly expected commentary about merger possibilities. They put as positive of a spin as they possibly could, but we'll see what happens this quarter.

Yup, it makes a dramatic difference. Its quite a bit more powerful than your handset, and even supports 4x4MIMO for receiving a signal from Macro site.

Sounds like it may be a good idea to place this on a second floor if your home has one.  It would probably grab a better B-41 signal from the cell site.  Hopefully it would drop a strong signal down to the first floor. If you are trying to cover a basement, maybe a second floor might not be the best place.  

That's the new 545 white model that should have the new ninja module that supports HPUE.

The black magic box model that me and Imex have does not.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 9

Direct link..

Thanks, I saw it on the laptop. Unit is a bit bigger than I thought.

I really wanted to known what Masa was going to say at the end of the conference call. To bad he got cut off, but it was kind of funny.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

He said, "I just sold to T-Mobile"

Just imagine what John and Neville are saying now?

They said "Welcome to T-Mobile"

Sorry, couldn't resist. I'll run away now before AJ hits me with the "Stop Spreading alternative Facts" ruler. :)

• Like 3