Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I guess I don't get it. Isn't this a step in the wrong direction in both price and consumer choice?

How so?  Cheaper is not always better -- unless you also want cheap network deployment.

AJ

• Like 2

Sprint has way too many plans floating around. They need to be eliminated/consolidated. It seems like something new is coming out every few months, and everyone is stuck on some plan that doesn't exist anymore.

Sent from my iPhone 6

• Like 9

We already have confirmation from an employee https://www.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comments/3bf3ud/what_is_sprint_announcing_on_tuesday/csmdo79

Re/code's article kind of misses the mark too. They say Sprint missed an opportunity to include taxes/fees in the total charge, like Cricket, but they don't realize that it's pretty much impossible to do that on postpaid plans because of the huge variance in taxes across states. Prepaid is not taxed like postpaid is.

I think it's a good move to advertise all inclusive pricing. It makes it really simple for people to figure out the total cost before tax/fees.

I agree that inclusive pricing is a good idea. But the tech blogs/media are going to rip Sprint apart for this. This does seem like "typical Sprint", even if it is a good idea. It doesn't really seem "simple" to me, because device costs are different. So you'll have "add-ons" and such. But marketing an $80 unlimited plan with a device included makes T-Mobile's pricing seem bloated by comparison. ????????

• Like 4

The tech press will stop ripping Sprint when they have better performance in large cities. Fortunately, performance is improving quickly on that front. It just takes a while for people to accept that when it's been bad for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

The tech press will stop ripping Sprint when they have better performance in large cities. Fortunately, performance is improving quickly on that front. It just takes a while for people to accept that when it's been bad for a long time.

The re/code article didnt focus on network.... just the "new" plan. Which isnt new unless it has some features that isnt known yet.

As it stands now, sprint made John's plan of ridicule too easy of a target.

But lets see what Sprint actually announces.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I do like the video... except David Beckham, would not be accepted here as he seems to what unlimited data to stream music and videos.  

Also like how even Sprint feels AT&T has the strongest LTE.  

• Like 1

yeah I forgot that -- I hope David doesn't want to watch too many videos -- 

Yeah, that "fine print" is kind of ironic given that he talks about streaming videos...lol

I wonder if anyone has filed a FCC Net Neutrality complaint against Sprint for video streaming throttling?

• Like 3

Yeah, that "fine print" is kind of ironic given that he talks about streaming videos...lol

I wonder if anyone has filed a FCC Net Neutrality complaint against Sprint for video streaming throttling?

I have issues streaming podcasts at 3G mode.

So far this seems like an awesome simple deal though. Unless I'm missing something

$80 gets you a plan + leased device, not sure what the issue is. All the BYOD plans and other options still exist, this just adds a simple plan for those who are looking for simplicity. 

So far this seems like an awesome simple deal though. Unless I'm missing something

$80 gets you a plan + leased device, not sure what the issue is. All the BYOD plans and other options still exist, this just adds a simple plan for those who are looking for simplicity.

It's not new...

$50 iPhone unlimited plan

$20 iPhone 6

Now I'm all for making profits. But don't say hey new mind blowing plan

T-MOBILE unlimited plan is $80 too but you'll need to pony up $15-28 more! So that's value here at sprint.

But with T-Mobile you get 7gb teathering, and free swap of phone 3 times a year...

Options are good

• Like 1

That's not the point. This is definitely a good value, in the traditional Sprint sense. It's just nothing innovative. I'm sure this new plan will be popular for unlimited users, and hopefully it helps Sprint add some post paid accounts. But you have to call it what it is, old fashioned Sprint. Not to say it won't work, I would just like to see some more innovation from Sprint. Maybe a 12 month lease option instead of 24 months. Hot spot data allotment included. International roaming included. We don't really know all of the details yet, so perhaps some of these options will still show up.

• Like 2

Just noticed something...

http://www.sprint.com/landings/all-in-wireless/index.html?ECID=vanity:allin#!/

The browser "title bar" says "The best iPhone unlimited plan for $70". hmmm.....?

noticed that too

Seems maybe this isn't finished updating...

Isn't the video streaming allotment too small? Will the majority of streaming apps even work at those speeds?

Also, the Tmobile "unlimited" plans that throttle down are ingenious and one that will make me leave sprint once their "version" unlimited goes away. I hate overages. It brings me back to my $500 cell phone bill for going over my voice plan on Sprint.

• Like 2

Isn't the video streaming allotment too small? Will the majority of streaming apps even work at those speeds?

Also, the Tmobile "unlimited" plans that throttle down are ingenious and one that will make me leave sprint once their "version" unlimited goes away. I hate overages. It brings me back to my $500 cell phone bill for going over my voice plan on Sprint.

This is exactly why I'm pushing for Sprint to be innovative in this area, rather than just playing with numbers.

• Like 1

But with T-Mobile you get 7gb teathering, and free swap of phone 3 times a year...

Did Sprint do away with the 12 month lease options? I don't see them listed anywhere anymore :-(

Did Sprint do away with the 12 month lease options? I don't see them listed anywhere anymore :-(

Yes, it appears that they did sometime in the last month, as well as the 30 month lease options on the iPhone 6/6+.

• Like 1