Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Maybe but not likely.

That would leave a remaining 500 MHz for guard bands, which would have to be divided six ways.  Probably not sufficient guard bands.

AJ

AJ, I thought you were better than that you meant kHz.

AJ, I thought you were better than that you meant kHz.

I recall writing kHz.

Another staff member may have pranked me. We do have fun behind the scenes.

Or maybe my thoughts and words were out of sync. Either way, the error has been fixed. Thanks...

AJ

• Like 3

Whatever the technical name is, it will be called "5G" by at least one carrier at some point regardless of technical accuracy. Or maybe even 6G like Microsoft going from Windows 8 to 10 (yeah I know there were technical reasons for it but it's still kinda funny).

Completely agree!

Whatever technology it is, the term 5G will be a lot easier to remember.

• Like 2

Check out @sprint's Tweet: https://twitter.com/sprint/status/615187699075411968?s=09

Any guesses what Sprint is about to announce?

New device plans to counter the unncarrier moves from a few days ago and maybe side mention carrier aggregation is live but don't hype it up at all.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 2

New device plans to counter the unncarrier moves from a few days ago and maybe side mention carrier aggregation is live but don't hype it up at all.

How do you mention carrier aggregation to everyday people, though?  Just say that "we doubled your bandwidth" (for select devices in select markets)?

AJ

• Like 2

How do you mention carrier aggregation to everyday people, though? Just say that "we doubled your bandwidth" (for select devices in select markets)?

AJ

*enhanced our spark lte network to provide even faster speeds in a number of locations that's steadily expanding everyvday*

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 4

*enhanced our spark lte network to provide even faster speeds in a number of locations that's steadily expanding everyvday*

You mean you would not say that "we intra band carrier aggregated a 20 MHz TDD band 41 primary component carrier with another 20 MHz TDD band 41 secondary component carrier to provide even faster speeds on our Spark LTE network"?

AJ

• Like 6

My guess a large phone. Sprint's announcements have been rather disappointing.

I don't know...are we expecting any phones? Those things aren't usually kept hush hush. But yeah, Sprint hasn't done a great job at these types of events.

I think because it has the hashtag AllIn it may have to do something with some sort of a plan with a phone included. But Sprint already has something like this correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not very informed about how Twitter works. I don't have a Twitter and rarely ever look at Twitter, but am I seeing that Verizon is using Sprint's Twitter account to gain a customer, the Twitter account replying there called "VZWsupport"?

I think because it has the hashtag AllIn it may have to do something with some sort of a plan with a phone included. But Sprint already has something like this correct?

The GS6 "Unlimited Plus" plan was  the most recent, and it's now defunct.  They did have an old plan called "My All-In," so I bet this is a plan related announcement.

I don't know...are we expecting any phones? Those things aren't usually kept hush hush. But yeah, Sprint hasn't done a great job at these types of events.

Nothing has come through the FCC recently.  Phones are announced by manufacturers usually too.

I'm not very informed about how Twitter works. I don't have a Twitter and rarely ever look at Twitter, but am I seeing that Verizon is using Sprint's Twitter account to gain a customer, the Twitter account replying there called "VZWsupport"?

Thats common of many companies.

• Like 4

Any new devices will be around the fall, windows phone and blackberry, windows phone looking at the Lumia 940, and if we are lucky, maybe see the BlackBerry slider which has the edge to edge screen like the S6 edge with a Qualcomm 808

• Like 1

The GS6 "Unlimited Plus" plan was  the most recent, and it's now defunct.  They did have an old plan called "My All-In," so I bet this is a plan related announcement.

Already? When did they do away with the Unlimited Plus plan?

"New" Unlimited family plan incoming. That is what I am hearing.

Sent from my Sprint LG G4

Seems likely. Seems to be working well for T-Mobile. But on the other hand, seems silly considering the recent comments about raising unlimited pricing and/or doing away with it.

I frankly don't want them to lower prices any more. I am fine with the price I pay and would be more interested in network news.

I don't see them lowering prices any further since the network is in a way better position. Those days are over in my opinion. I'm thinking this plan may have more to offer within its price point.

• Like 1

I'm tired of these promotions and plan changes...Announce new devices, announce new network news, announce roaming partners...SOMETHING!  The phone plans are never as good as the ED 1500 my family is grandfathered into.  

• Like 6

I'm tired of these promotions and plan changes...Announce new devices, announce new network news, announce roaming partners...SOMETHING!  The phone plans are never as good as the ED 1500 my family is grandfathered into.  

Man... ED 1500 seems like it will live on forever as the best deal out there for good!

• Like 2

Man... ED 1500 seems like it will live on forever as the best deal out there for good!

Live on forever?  Not in reality, but maybe in memory.

Sprint will have to start taking a hard look at accounts that still have sweetheart "unlimited" data deals, such as SERO and Everything Data.  It could be done on a case by case basis.  Any accounts that are using "unlimited" data significantly above the average should be allowed no further subsidized upgrades or even forced to switch plans.

AJ

• Like 2

Live on forever? Not in reality, but maybe in memory.

Sprint will have to start taking a hard look at accounts that still have sweetheart "unlimited" data deals, such as SERO and Everything Data. It could be done on a case by case basis. Any accounts that are using "unlimited" data significantly above the average should be allowed no further subsidized upgrades or even forced to switch plans.

AJ

They could also just force a plan switch if activating a newer device at some point in time, subsidized or not.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1