Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Live on forever? Not in reality, but maybe in memory.

Sprint will have to start taking a hard look at accounts that still have sweetheart "unlimited" data deals, such as SERO and Everything Data. It could be done on a case by case basis. Any accounts that are using "unlimited" data significantly above the average should be allowed no further subsidized upgrades or even forced to switch plans.

AJ

The industry just needs to kill off subsidies.

• Like 2

The industry just needs to kill off subsidies.

Obamacare should convene "death panels" on subsidy and "unlimited" data.

;)

AJ

Obamacare should convene "death panels" on subsidy and "unlimited" data.

;)

AJ

Too many Republicans would complain about that infringing on business choice. Though technically speaking on the particulars of death panels on technology, they could add a suicide code into devices, such as one if a person used too much data, but then human rights groups would complain.

• Like 7

Too many Republicans would complain about that infringing on business choice. Though technically speaking on the particulars of death panels on technology, they could add a suicide code into devices, such as one if a person used too much data, but then human rights groups would complain.

You are developing a sense of humor.  Maybe there is hope for you after all.

AJ

• Like 11

Maybe the announcement is about the arrival of the new Sprint exclusive Sharp Aquos Xx.

http://m.gsmarena.com/sharp_aquos_crystal_xx_packs_a_57_screen_in_aluminum_body-news-12333.php

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

It's a neat looking phone, but would Sprint really try to hype up an event to announce that?  Did the original Sharp Aquos sell well?

tumblr_lg5hylhdW31qe811q.jpgde28fa26730ed3e525df21d5194bad1a.320x293

• Like 1

So they brought back the my way plan that I currently have. I wonder what for? Not unless they are going the phase out the $50 and $60 unlimited. What it did notice is that this plan had the guarantee but it doesn't say for what services just unlimited. When I signed up it said for talk,text and data.

de939f9c40d69023209e78cb45cd7860.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

So they brought back the my way plan that I currently have. I wonder what for? Not unless they are going the phase out the $50 and $60 unlimited. What it did notice is that this plan had the guarantee but it doesn't say for what services just unlimited. When I signed up it said for talk,text and data.

My Way plans haven't gone away. They just stopped pushing them when Framily and all of the no contract plans came into play.

Look at the T&C's:

"Usage Limitations: Other plans may receive prioritized bandwidth availability. Streaming video speeds may be limited to 1 Mbps."

Makes you think there may be plans in which there is no prioritized bandwidth availability...?

• Like 1

Look at the T&C's:

"Usage Limitations: Other plans may receive prioritized bandwidth availability. Streaming video speeds may be limited to 1 Mbps."

Makes you think there may be plans in which there is no prioritized bandwidth availability...?

Sprint dropped that recently when they committed to net neutrality. They also emphasized that they never prioritized based on plan. I'm fairly certain that streaming video isn't throttled either because I can stream 1080p YouTube just fine.
  • Like 10

Sprint dropped that recently when they committed to net neutrality. They also emphasized that they never prioritized based on plan. I'm fairly certain that streaming video isn't throttled either because I can stream 1080p YouTube just fine.

Apparently they de-committed on the new unlimited family plan. They are limiting that to 600 kbps for streaming video: http://www.s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/7066-Unlimited-family-plan/page__view__findpost__p__427167

Marcelo has a big push to simplify plans and consumer offerings, so if this is plan-related, should be interesting to see

If he's in Tokyo today though, will he be around to introduce anything tomorrow?