Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Since this involves the new sprint, I'll post it here rather than my market thread which is somewhat dead. I just got off an extended vacation. During my travels I visited Seattle, San Francisco and Alaska. No service in Alaska, which I expected. Seattle and San Fran couldn't have done any better in my eyes. Data was usable almost EVERYWHERE and fast. B41 was everywhere. The only place I didn't have service in San Fran was certain spots in Sausalito. Other than that, my experience was a 9/10. I was very surprised to have such good service in San Fran. Even at my stops in Arizona and Denver, I had perfectly usable service. Denver had b25, which was pretty quick. I popped onto b26 and it struggled a bit but I could see why.

I noticed I have been posting less and less here. My constantly improving network experience is why. I don't even run speed tests anymore because I know it's just going to work. Keep it up Marcelo. Let's get this network densified and make it even better. I believe it when he says that sprint will have the best network in 18-24 months. The goal used to be to simply improve it, but now it's to make it better than all the others.

Edit: I should note that both stops in Arizona and Denver were connecting flights. I only was inside the airport, and yet the service was still usable and quick.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

• Like 12

Even at my stops in Arizona and Denver, I had perfectly usable service. Denver had b25, which was pretty quick. I popped onto b26 and it struggled a bit but I could see why.

Yeah, B26 is a dog in Denver. The Sprint network lets too many users park on it. But I have been pretty happy with B25 in Denver when I get it. And, of course, B41 elicits an Elway style permagrin.

Using Tapatalk on Nexus 6

• Like 6

Yeah, B26 is a dog in Denver. The Sprint network lets too many users park on it. But I have been pretty happy with B25 in Denver when I get it. And, of course, B41 elicits an Elway style permagrin.

I was in BlueRiver, Colorado back in March.  Sprint was great in Denver!  Data was usable everywhere, and I got my highest speedtest there on B41, closing in close to 80mbps. I was on B26 often there, but it was still quite fast.

• Like 2

I just got off an extended vacation. During my travels I visited Seattle, San Francisco and Alaska. No service in Alaska, which I expected.

How odd that you didn't have at least voice and text service roaming on ACS in Alaska.  :wacko:

• Like 1

And, of course, B41 elicits an Elway style permagrin.

crazymred.jpg

AJ

• Like 4

How odd that you didn't have at least voice and text service roaming on ACS in Alaska.  :wacko:

I think he means no Sprint service.

AJ

• Like 2

By the way, the information here about Verizon has been helpful. I've been considering Verizon for some time, though the reports of a less dense network than T-Mobile does bother me somewhat. It would be good if there were some sort of specific Verizon tower location listing online, similar to what S4GRU has for Sprint, so I could check the proximity to that where I often travel.

The nearest T-Mobile tower to where I live, is 2300 feet away, and gets around 65% signal strength, with speeds around 20-30mbps typically, though offpeak between 30-50mbps. Although, the importance for me is having at least 5mbps typically. I'm wondering if Verizon could provide that.

Stop worrying about signal percentage, throughput, site density and everything else. If it works where you need it to and you like the price you pay for the service then stick with it. So many people complain about what band they are connected to, or how many signal bars you have, or only getting 20mbps instead of 50mbps. The only important thing is, does it work where and when you need it to.

• Like 10

EVDO-B, would just be yet another technology that no one else is doing and is dying out. There was one route that EVDO-B could have been successful for Sprint. But Sprint never had an exit on their route that lined up with it.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

It's been a while since I read about EVDO Rev B. Wasn't it basically carrier aggregation for EVDO?

• Like 1

Stop worrying about signal percentage, throughput, site density and everything else. If it works where you need it to and you like the price you pay for the service then stick with it. So many people complain about what band they are connected to, or how many signal bars you have, or only getting 20mbps instead of 50mbps. The only important thing is, does it work where and when you need it to.

I wasn't really worried about it or trying to make a big issue of that. You are right though about the importance of it working where used, which indeed is what really matters.

While there are people who do make a big deal about these statistics and sometimes even obsess about them, I merely look at statistics as a means of basic interest, along with getting an idea of a general area's strong/weak spots, particularly where a signal is so weak, it loses a connection.

It wasn't valuable for a long time yet with a spectrum crunch impending it will decrease value in the future? Wasn't he one of the people crying about the spectrum crunch? Am I making this up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

It wasn't valuable for a long time yet with a spectrum crunch impending it will decrease value in the future? Wasn't he one of the people crying about the spectrum crunch? Am I making this up?

He contradicts himself all the time. The only thing he is consistent on is taking the anti-Sprint view on every issue.

• Like 4

He contradicts himself all the time. The only thing he is consistent on is taking the anti-Sprint view on every issue.

Not just that, but he clearly wants Comcast to be a wireless player. If he can successfully degrade Sprint's stock, and then Masa gets tired of the theatrics of this market, it makes Sprint a cheap acquisition for Comcast. It's all so easy to see through.

• Like 3

Could you imagine Comcast trying to do mobile phone customer service? Maybe churn would drop because they wouldn't let anyone disconnect? LOL

That's precisely why Comcast should try fixing their own markets and service before buying anything else. Instead of trying to grow through more acquisitions, have the courage to take some market share back from satellite and DSL in your own markets first.

• Like 4

That's precisely why Comcast should try fixing their own markets and service before buying anything else. Instead of trying to grow through more acquisitions, have the courage to take some market share back from satellite and DSL in your own markets first.

While I definitely agree with that, being there are so many issues with Comcast, the same could also be said about AT&T, a company that has been dealing much more with mergers and acquisitions than it has on its network here, from what I've read lately.

• Like 1

rumors of Dish wanting to merge with T-Mobile? better speculate on all possible ISP / cell service provider combos!

There are a lot of people doing this on many websites, particularly TmoNews comments, but also on postings on sites like Fierce Wireless, often quoting professional analysts who get paid to do this.

What's to fix?!  They're raking in money hand over fist by abusing the relationship with their customers!

What's to fix?! They're raking in money hand over fist by abusing the relationship with their customers!

Their customer service could absolutely be fixed, it's a complete joke. Same for TWC though I'd say they're less of a bag of hurt than Comcast.
  • Like 3

Their customer service could absolutely be fixed, it's a complete joke. Same for TWC though I'd say they're less of a bag of hurt than Comcast.

That's like asking which you like better: dog crap or cat crap?

• Like 6