Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Except they'll say they suck solely based on the data speed. Happened to me many times.  Nobody puts any credit to reliability or call/text performance.

Sprint didn't fare well at all in Riverside.  The data score is atrocious.

http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/rsr/riverside-ca/2015/1H

No 800 1x or LTE ✓

Majority of sites aren't live with LTE of any type ✓

Minimal clear B41 coverage ✓

Lack of 8T8R 2.5 Equipment Deployed ✓

Alcatel-Lucent land ✓

Sounds about right, 

• Like 1

No 800 1x or LTE ✓

Alcatel-Lucent land ✓

Sounds about right,

Vegas is Alcatel-Lucent land, and faring far better than Riverside. My guess is incompetent planning departments and permit applications missing data.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

• Like 1

No 800 1x or LTE ✓

Alcatel-Lucent land ✓

Sounds about right,

I know why it's bad, but that doesn't mean they get a free pass. All other major carriers did exceptionally well there. What's Sprint's excuse for being so far behind?

Alcatel Lucent isn't as bad as some make it seem. NYC, and Boston are perfect examples. Little to no screw ups whatsoever.

Let's not forget nobody is as bad as Ericsson.
  • Like 2

Ericsson has improved in St. Louis pretty dramatically. And the Atlanta test shows they have improved there as well. Maybe the new engineering people from Japan are getting results?

Alcatel Lucent isn't as bad as some make it seem. NYC, and Boston are perfect examples. Little to no screw ups whatsoever.

Phoenix is an AL market and they have been painfully slow and a handful of site have no upgrades at all and no sign they will be upgraded. That combined with the numerous 3G only sites and maricopa counties squatting on band 26 ( no AL fault to be fair) leaves large gaps in lte coverage. AL has been horrible here.

Phoenix is an AL market and they have been painfully slow and a handful of site have no upgrades at all and no sign they will be upgraded. That combined with the numerous 3G only sites and maricopa counties squatting on band 26 ( no AL fault to be fair) leaves large gaps in lte coverage. AL has been horrible here.

As you said, Band 26 squatting isn't their fault. 3G-Only sites are likely that way because of backhaul and such. No upgrades doesn't mean they won't upgrade it. That's not a fair assumption at all. A lot of sites in NYC are just as you described however, for each poor site, there exists 10-20 more that are excellent.

Judging from the completed maps, there doesn't seem to be nearly as many 3G sites as I had expected while writing the first part.

• Like 1

Let's not forget nobody is as bad as Ericsson.

Only those paste eaters (Ericsson) can take a perfectly functioning site (work done by Alcatel Lucent and it contractors) and screw up half the sectors six month later and get paid for it while claiming "they are managing the network".

paste.jpg

• Like 2

I'm not sure if this is indicative of poor planning on Alcatel-Lucent's part, but I've come across several current legacy sites in Los Angeles that had permits approved so long ago that they have now expired.  One site had 2 changes to the subcontractor on the permit and it still expired without any work having been completed.

I'm not sure if this is indicative of poor planning on Alcatel-Lucent's part, but I've come across several current legacy sites in Los Angeles that had permits approved so long ago that they have now expired. One site had 2 changes to the subcontractor on the permit and it still expired without any work having been completed.

Not ALU entirely. It's called contractors being hired for too many sites at a time, that they just have too much to do and sites get neglected and forgot about. Happened a number of times in Vegas.

Not ALU entirely. It's called contractors being hired for too many sites at a time, that they just have too much to do and sites get neglected and forgot about. Happened a number of times in Vegas.

Same thing for NYC.

I'm currently kind of busy but a short search into the forums could probably show you what I'm talking about. Or maybe someone in Ericsson territory will step in.

I see... Thanks for sharing.

I'm currently kind of busy but a short search into the forums could probably show you what I'm talking about. Or maybe someone in Ericsson territory will step in.

I can't think of any examples in my part of Ericsson land.

Every OEM has had it's share of problems.

Some parts of Ericsson's market share have had management issues. But here, they have done an excellent job.

Some parts of ALUs market share have had management issues. Others have been fantastic. So this blanket blame game doesn't really work.

• Like 1

http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/rsr/austin-tx/2014/2H

So a Tie for the big 2 and Sprint in 4th but a large jump forward from 1st half 2014.

Overall score from 86.9 to 94.4 

Average DL from 2.4 to 8.4

Most importantly what I was hearing from friends turned out to be true. T-Mobile is slowing down here: "T-Mobile’s median download speed decreased from 17.6 Mbps to 13.4 Mbps." Still faster than Sprint but interesting nonetheless. Also AT&T has sped up while Verizon has lost the 1st place rank in speed which was unexpected. Many of my AT&T friends complained about slower service in some areas.

http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/rsr/aus-airport/2014/2H

Sprint remains completely and utterly useless at the Airport.

• Like 3

http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/rsr/austin-tx/2014/2H

So a Tie for the big 2 and Sprint in 4th but a large jump forward from 1st half 2014.

Overall score from 86.9 to 94.4 

Average DL from 2.4 to 8.4

Most importantly what I was hearing from friends turned out to be true. T-Mobile is slowing down here: "T-Mobile’s median download speed decreased from 17.6 Mbps to 13.4 Mbps." Still faster than Sprint but interesting nonetheless. Also AT&T has sped up while Verizon has lost the 1st place rank in speed which was unexpected. Many of my AT&T friends complained about slower service in some areas.

http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/rsr/aus-airport/2014/2H

Sprint remains completely and utterly useless at the Airport.

In Austin tmo has (downlink):

Total: 41 MHz Travis County, TX
AWS: 10|10 MHz
PCS: 5|10 MHz
700A: 6 MHz

They're probably using 10x10 for lte and 10x10 for hspa42

What a lot of people in Ericsson land have been experiencing.

If I remember correctly I think a lot of the Ericsson bashing came from Digiblur. Which was a long time ago...

• Like 3

http://www.cnet.com/news/sprint-ceo-t-mobile-in-for-a-rude-awakening-in-network-battle/

Marcelo lets action speak in regards to root metrics scores. "I think Legere is in for a rude awakening when new scores come out about network performance," We all know this was bound to happen, and I think this year we will see much better scores.

• Like 5