Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

We can file Nascar under Marcelo's "Nice to Have" category. 

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2014/12/16/sprint-will-end-nascar-cup-sponsorship-after-2016/20485383/

Personally very happy he's willing to save these funds.  Much of Nascar's demographic doesn't give Sprint the time of day when selecting a carrier, if they even live in Sprint coverage. 

• Like 10

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2014/12/16/sprint-will-end-nascar-cup-sponsorship-after-2016/20485383/

Personally very happy he's willing to save these funds. Much of Nascar's demographic doesn't give Sprint the time of day when selecting a carrier, if they even live in Sprint coverage.

So I see in my crystal ball...T-Mobile Cup Series. Just because.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Personally very happy he's willing to save these funds.  Much of Nascar's demographic doesn't give Sprint the time of day when selecting a carrier, if they even live in Sprint coverage. 

Finally.

:(. Even though I took advantage of the free radio communications the sponsorship gave me, I predicted that this would happen when he wanted to save money for the company.

Let them go to T-Mobile.  Oh, but T-Mobile has shitty rural coverage.  Band 2 LTE is not going to fix that.

Let them go to AT&T or VZW.  Oh, but NASCAR fans are lower class and cannot afford the Twin Bells.

Back to square one.

Say hello to the NASCAR Cricket Cup Series?  That prepaid price and AT&T network coverage fit the Southern clientele just about right.

AJ

• Like 5

Quick, someone tweet Legere and tell him NASCAR is up for grabs

But there are no NASCAR tracks in Seattle nor New York City.  That is all the geography John Legere knows.  To the T-Mobile headman, everywhere else is just flyover country.

AJ

• Like 4

Not to mention the towers near the race tracks barely worked when races weren't happening. I was surprised that they didn't have those spots reinforced.

+1 to this.

Why on earth are you paying to plaster your logo all over an event, if you aren't going to setup a DAS. Or even just drop a functional COLT/COW around?

• Like 3

But there are no NASCAR tracks in Seattle nor New York City.  That is all the geography John Legere knows.  To the T-Mobile headman, everywhere else is just flyover country.

AJ

Are you talking about the Districts? Sorry - had to drop some hunger games in there.

Is there something you are not able to do with 20Mbps?

Yes. Say Sprint is top on RootMetrics, et. al.

True. I don't need the speed unless using a hotspot, but low pings usually accompany high speed data circuits. And, that is something everyone can appreciate. And, higher speeds usually means an area has good coverage. Something else everyone can appreciate.

These images need to be reversed. I think it's an example of too many areas in U.S.

Sprint (too much light purple for downtown area in a major city) --

skyik1.png

T-Mobile --

2rdx2jl.png

• Like 1

Sprint (too much light purple for downtown area in a major city) --

. . .

T-Mobile --

. . .

Sprint LTE mapping in Dallas on Sensorly started in 2012.  T-Mobile LTE mapping in Dallas on Sensorly started, what, a year later?  Sensorly uses an averaging method, so how do you know those tracks accurately depict Sprint signal strength now?  That is especially true because Sprint launches LTE site by site, whereas T-Mobile seems to do so market by market.

AJ

• Like 1

Sprint LTE mapping in Dallas on Sensorly started in 2012.  T-Mobile LTE mapping in Dallas on Sensorly started, what, a year later?  Sensorly uses an averaging method, so how do you know those tracks accurately depict Sprint signal strength now?  That is especially true because Sprint launches LTE site by site, whereas T-Mobile seems to do so market by market.

AJ

They average over time and not the last X days? Really? Time averaging over all time would be a terrible way to measure performance. It should be a fixed time window.

• Like 2

They average over time and not the last X days? Really? Time averaging over all time would be a terrible way to measure performance. It should be a fixed time window.

Talk to Sensorly about it.  That is not my understanding of how Sensorly functions.  Otherwise, tracks mapped a year or two ago in rural areas, for example, would simply disappear -- because no other Sensorly users have traced those same paths within the allotted time frames.

Sensorly is an okay representation, but it has many reporting flaws that have sent S4GRU staff on several hundred mile wild goose chases.

AJ

• Like 2

Sprint LTE mapping in Dallas on Sensorly started in 2012. T-Mobile LTE mapping in Dallas on Sensorly started, what, a year later? Sensorly uses an averaging method, so how do you know those tracks accurately depict Sprint signal strength now? That is especially true because Sprint launches LTE site by site, whereas T-Mobile seems to do so market by market.

AJ

T-Mobile launches towers as completed for their rural build out. Can't say that's the same for urban though.

T-Mobile launches towers as completed for their rural build out. Can't say that's the same for urban though.

For urban, they launch them in batches of completed sites. As a result, a giant area would be dark purple and have a bit of light purple around it and later another batch of sites would go live. As a result, T-Mobile maps have stayed dark purple.

I've been mapping Sprint in my neighborhood back home in Brooklyn for so long and I still can't get the color to go from light purple to dark purple which is what should really be there.

• Like 1

Personally very happy he's willing to save these funds. Much of Nascar's demographic doesn't give Sprint the time of day when selecting a carrier, if they even live in Sprint coverage.

Time to hop on the MLS bandwagon. Title sponsor the hell out of the league for as long as you can.

Time to hop on the MLS bandwagon. Title sponsor the hell out of the league for as long as you can.

Oh god plz. I don't need marcelo to spite Sacramento when sac Republic fc and Minnesota takes expansion spot 23/24 from Miami.

Oh god plz. I don't need marcelo to spite Sacramento when sac Republic fc and Minnesota takes expansion spot 23/24 from Miami.

Hmm. May be a conflict of interest if Marcelo is part owner of Miami and his company is a league sponsor.

I'm still holding out hope that STL can grab an expansion team. We'll have to go via the USL PRO league route, though.

• Like 1

Hmm. May be a conflict of interest if Marcelo is part owner of Miami and his company is a league sponsor.

I'm still holding out hope that STL can grab an expansion team. We'll have to go via the USL PRO league route, though.

A lot of new expansions coming in to in the next few years with soccer specific stadium so it might be worthwhile to partner up with the expanding league and get new macro and small cell deployments in these new stadiums. Should be a hell of a lot easier to just plug in and add DAS's than renovating old ones. 

Why is sprint stock so low? It's kind of scary but amazing (to buy) right now

Pretty much a 45 billion dollar capital outflow from the telecom segment. This is what happens when an industry becomes fiercely competitive. Economic benefit is now shifting- margins and cash flow are being pressured throughout the wireless industry and the losses to the owners of capital are now being shifted in the form of benefit to consumers (lower prices, better value). Shareholders typically care about how much money a company can make and how fast it can grow, and this is coming under pressure. This is more so the story for AT&T and VZW, but Sprint and T-Mobile have been sliding down with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty much a 45 billion dollar capital outflow from the telecom segment. This is what happens when an industry becomes fiercely competitive. Economic benefit is now shifting- margins and cash flow are being pressured throughout the wireless industry and the losses to the owners of capital are now being shifted in the form of benefit to consumers (lower prices, better value). Shareholders typically care about how much money a company can make and how fast it can grow, and this is coming under pressure. This is more so the story for AT&T and VZW, but Sprint and T-Mobile have been sliding down with them.

To put it more simply :

Every price reduction Sprint and T-Mobile make, is coming almost-directly out of a shareholders pocket (in reduced margins, which is where value or dividends they receive would have come from).

The shareholders are reacting by devaluing the shares -- everyones shares -- they don't think it's worth holding cell providers, if there's no future promise of high dividends or increased value. (Sprint and T-Mobile are giving this money away now, but shareholders believe Verizon and AT&T will do similarly to stay competitive, so they're devaluing the entire sector).

• Like 1