So 800 voice...why is this not really happening???

floorguy

unless you have a custom PRL......

Take my wifes SG3, nothing...in fact her voice service seems to be getting worse...

my LG G3....nope...still on 1xrtt.....

only the note 2 which is rooted and running a custom PRL will hit 800....

sooooo whats the deal?????

You may want to review what PRLs are and how they work. That would immediately answer your question.

• Like 1

Take my wifes SG3, nothing...in fact her voice service seems to be getting worse...

Some places takes longer than others. Trust me its coming. Around here 800 voice is everywhere. I on 800 more that 1900 and the coverage is pretty damn impressive. Sprint has never failed me when it comes to voice coverage even on 1900. 

• Like 1

It's supposed to be there as backup when you don't have a strong 1x signal. But I agree, at work I barely get a 1x signal and it doesn't drop down to 1x 800, it'd rather roam on Metro or Verizon 1x. I'm running latest stock PRL. Maybe it's because 1x 800 is still rolling out though.

PRL shows 51101.

The network doesn't like to idle you on 800MHz unless there is no available PCS signal. Do you switch to 800MHz when initiating a call?Today was the first day in a long time where I idled on 800MHz but that's because the building that I was in just doesn't let any other Sprint signal in.

Some places takes longer than others. Trust me its coming. Around here 800 voice is everywhere. I on 800 more that 1900 and the coverage is pretty damn impressive. Sprint has never failed me when it comes to voice coverage even on 1900. 

oh i think over 90% is 800 here, which is why its baffling???

and yea more so when we are/were fringe area 1-2 bars for most phones, and its not kicking over.....

ill check the PRL thing, my g3 is on 51101...soooo

The network doesn't like to idle you on 800MHz unless there is no available PCS signal. Do you switch to 800MHz when initiating a call?Today was the first day in a long time where I idled on 800MHz but that's because the building that I was in just doesn't let any other Sprint signal in.

and i watch the phones sometime with signal check pro, just to see if it switches....

and i watch the phones sometime with signal check pro, just to see if it switches....

It won't switch... Current Sprint Android PRL's are constructed in such a way that on the voice side, 1900 and 800 are on an equal priority, but the phone will scan for 1900 first. If it finds a 1900 signal, it will stay on 1900 until it loses it. If the device loses 1900 and finds 800, it will stay on 1x800 until it loses the 1x800 signal.

Some places takes longer than others. Trust me its coming. Around here 800 voice is everywhere.

No that really has nothing to do with it. He lives in in area where 1x800 is widely deployed.

It's supposed to be there as backup when you don't have a strong 1x signal. But I agree, at work I barely get a 1x signal and it doesn't drop down to 1x 800, it'd rather roam on Metro or Verizon 1x. I'm running latest stock PRL.

Like I said above, it isn't a backup. It is just that they're on equal priority. Thus it takes losing a 1900 signal completely to put you on 800.

• Like 2

and yea more so when we are/were fringe area 1-2 bars for most phones, and its not kicking over.....

Your phone won't choose 800 over 1900 if you have a decent 1900 signal. It will not actively search out 800 until you lose 1900. Once you do, it will stay on 800 until something causes it to rescan.

The PRL on your Note 2 prioritizes 800 over 1900. Regular Sprint PRLs do not.

Sent from my LG G3

Your phone won't choose 800 over 1900 if you have a decent 1900 signal. It will not actively search out 800 until you lose 1900. Once you do, it will stay on 800 until something causes it to rescan.

The PRL on your Note 2 prioritizes 800 over 1900. Regular Sprint PRLs do not.

Sent from my LG G3

makes sense....

then the next question is...(and i heard it today for the 1st time) she has been dropping calls at a pretty high rate, and today it was like she was in a tunnel then out, then back in, then to a pillow over her face, and back...so is that a signal issue???   Which is why i brought this up...

or is something suddenly up with her phone???

so is the prl list in the PRL thread up to date?

Relatively yes. Sprint's prl's have have been operating in the matter described to you for sometime now. All things equal, the phone will scan for 1900 first. If it finds a usable 1900 signal, it will stay there until it loses it. Your Note II experiences aren't really relevant as you were running a PRL designed to keep you on 1x800.

I don't know if your in a LTE 800 area yet but here's a trick. If you get a band 26 signal immediately try to make a phone call and it will always be 800 voice. It should stay on 800 voice for a while but eventually will go back to 1900.

When I'm at home in Pahrump, my Nexus 5 is now almost exclusively camping on 1x800. Unfortunately, my iPhone and my friends iPhone camp on 1x1900 and have been dropping calls at an exponential rate. Call tech support and report it. That's what I'm going to do when I get home. I will report my local site to see if they will open a network ticket.

• Like 1

When I'm at home in Pahrump, my Nexus 5 is now almost exclusively camping on 1x800. Unfortunately, my iPhone and my friends iPhone camp on 1x1900 and have been dropping calls at an exponential rate. Call tech support and report it. That's what I'm going to do when I get home. I will report my local site to see if they will open a network ticket.

Calling tech support will do something? We all have iPhones here, and I'm sure you know our issue with iPhones not loving our airave at all. Whats the number?

wait, Wait a minute,... a Sprint compliment.... from you...

Shock-Faint.gif

:P

• Like 5

Around here even if my phone connects to 1x800 it will still refuse to use it. It doesn't do this in Chicago or any other part of the country I've been to. Also my iPhone is always hunting for PCS if it's on 1x800. Is that how PRL 51101 is supposed to behave?

Overall the way Sprint handles connecting to 1x800 in the PRL makes for a rather poor experience....unless it's my iPhone? But it has the same PRL as tri-band android phones...

• Like 1

Around here even if my phone connects to 1x800 it will still refuse to use it. It doesn't do this in Chicago or any other part of the country I've been to. Also my iPhone is always hunting for PCS if it's on 1x800. Is that how PRL 51101 is supposed to behave?

Overall the way Sprint handles connecting to 1x800 in the PRL makes for a rather poor experience....unless it's my iPhone? But it has the same PRL as tri-band android phones...

No, that is how iPhones behave and it is just so so stupid. I have 1x800 available in my apartment, but my phone prefers to stick to an unusable PCS which results in missed and dropped calls. Which is why I still have my airave.

It could be something similar to what's happening in Syracuse. 800 is deployed all over, I used to connect to it all the time. Now my phone can't find it at all. Some one mentioned it might be on the testing sid so the phone never knows to scan for it without a custom prl.

No, that is how iPhones behave and it is just so so stupid. I have 1x800 available in my apartment, but my phone prefers to stick to an unusable PCS which results in missed and dropped calls. Which is why I still have my airave.

exactly....

all the hype about 800 helping voice out, and its made me look like a bigger idiot then i already am... :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

and building and basement coverage is what i am talking about.....

Calling tech support will do something? We all have iPhones here, and I'm sure you know our issue with iPhones not loving our airave at all. Whats the number?

So far it hasn't. I called tech support today trying to see if they could push a different PRL to my iPhone 5S, but the person I got couldn't find a way to do it. I'm even having trouble in Visalia/Tulare the past few days, so I hope I can finally find someone who can do it.

• Like 1

exactly....

all the hype about 800 helping voice out, and its made me look like a bigger idiot then i already am... :blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

and building and basement coverage is what i am talking about.....

800 voice helps everyone but you. The Low Frequency Gods think you have a potty mouth and withholding 800 from you.

And don't ever tick off the Parking Gods, they're even more vindictive...

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

800 voice helps everyone but you. The Low Frequency Gods think you have a potty mouth and withholding 800 from you.

And don't ever tick off the Parking Gods, they're even more vindictive...

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Hey now the potty mouth has been toned down a lot I would say....and the parking gods...Well they shined on me today, got a front row Joe at a packed event....who ahhh...

Got any reports to report?

• Like 1