Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

So I'm back on my Nexus for good after phone hopping for the last couple weeks and I've come to hate my spigen screen protector on my phone. It feels really nice when it's all cleaned up and what not but once it smudges up it feels like absolute shit. What's the recommendation for a normal screen protector and then are there any recommendations for the glass screen protectors?

If you like matted screen protectors then this is a good one.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GH5S1NK/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Zagg now makes screen protectors for the Nexus 5? Since when?

I got my InvisibleShieldHD protector back in early November when my N5 came in. The Zagg kiosk in my local mall had them.

I definitely prefer the HD version over the regular one. Seems clearer and smoother. Never had a bubble, scratch, or peel issue.

-Mike

I also got my InvisibleShieldHD protector in November as well, and mine came in before the Nexus did. I ordered directly from Zagg's main website.

I'm personally having a few minor problems with its compatibility with the Diztronic slim case that I use, since the edges of the screen protector sometimes get pushed up by the case. I know that's a turn off for some people, but I can deal with it on mine. I like both the screen protector and case too much that I can't just live with one or the other. I also have two cats, and I'd rather have more protection against their sharp claws than less.

I was about to write a reply, but I don't think I can after AJ's comment....

:hide:

That is correct.  These case/protector discussions are off topic; they should have their own threads.  I have been adamant about that.

And for the record, my handsets go bareback.

;)

AJ

• Like 1

That is correct.  These case/protector discussions are off topic; they should have their own threads.  I have been adamant about that.

And for the record, my handsets go bareback.

;)

AJ

I used to buy into the screen protector/case hype. I've been using my Nexus 5 bare since I got it and I couldn't be happier. I pulled the case and screen protector off all my devices and just use a leather pouch when I'm carrying them. I forgot how amazing some of these handsets feel bare.

If you like matted screen protectors then this is a good one.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GH5S1NK/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I like the qualities of the matte ones and how resistant they are to fingerprints but I can't stand the look of them being sweaty.

I also used my phone bare today and could not do it. The Nexus does feel good but coming from my note to the N5 I have to have a case on it so it doesn't feel like a toy.

I run a store also so it's hard to sell a case to someone when you yourself don't have one on your phone.

Well I'm gonna very soon be able to participate in this thread as a N5 user! Just checked tracking and I have my Bright Red Nexus 5 waiting on my front porch! (Now I'm gonna drive home like a lunatic hehehe)

Also fortunately for me the SIM card I ordered from sprint worldwide chat came at the same time! (The SIM and the phone actually both shipped from Louisville, KY)

I'm glad I read about 30 pages of this thread so I could brief myself as to what I issues I might run into while using this phone on Sprint.

• Like 1

Well I'm gonna very soon be able to participate in this thread as a N5 user! Just checked tracking and I have my Bright Red Nexus 5 waiting on my front porch! (Now I'm gonna drive home like a lunatic hehehe) Also fortunately for me the SIM card I ordered from sprint worldwide chat came at the same time! (The SIM and the phone actually both shipped from Louisville, KY) I'm glad I read about 30 pages of this thread so I could brief myself as to what I issues I might run into while using this phone on Sprint.

If you plan on rooting or modding your phone make sure to unlock it before installing all your favorite apps, will save you the trouble, and time of reinstalling them after the Unlock.
  • Like 1

I dont know what it is lately but my battery life has been crap. Unplugged at 7am and by 4pm I'm at 15%.

I feel like its the camera bug. Any unusual things showing high percentages in your battery usage screen?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I dont know what it is lately but my battery life has been crap. Unplugged at 7am and by 4pm I'm at 15%.

I've been having this problem:

2014-03-19%2021.34.41.png

I don't know why. I've never opened that app. Otherwise, battery life has been fairly normal.

I did notice in KC that B26 seemed to have weird effects on my battery. I think it might have been the CSFB problem, my phone thought it was searching for signal the whole time.

• Like 1

Posted Image

I don't know why. I've never opened that app. Otherwise, battery life has been fairly normal.

I did notice in KC that B26 seemed to have weird effects on my battery. I think it might have been the CSFB problem, my phone thought it was searching for signal the whole time.

That's a new one...mines usually android system. It happens whenever the camera is accessed by any app. I've even noticed it happens if you use the stock photo app/gallery to view something (I just use ES file explorer instead). If you have xposed I'd install App Ops and deny every app access to the camera that you know you're not going to need it for(it fixed the issue for me except when I actually want to take a photo).

That's a new one...mines usually android system. It happens whenever the camera is accessed by any app. I've even noticed it happens if you use the stock photo app/gallery to view something (I just use ES file explorer instead). If you have xposed I'd install App Ops and deny every app access to the camera that you know you're not going to need it for(it fixed the issue for me except when I actually want to take a photo).

I've never had an issue with the camera, that I know of. 

I've never had an issue with the camera, that I know of.

I hadn't either until a week or two ago. I bet if you denied camera access to it you'd see the usage drop.

I do notice at work I bounce back and forth from B25 to B26 so I dont know if it is that or what. I haven't any CSFB problems though. Interestingly I just rebooted it at 15% and its been stay steadily there while I've been using it on and off. My current rate for the day has been like 10% every hour haha

What camera bug am I missing? My camera works fine.

Its a battery drain bug, it causes random massive drain when an app accesses the camera. For instance I took 1 photo yesterday, android system used 44% of my battery. I let my phone actually die last night and haven't touched my camera, android system is at 8% with 15 hours on battery/4 hours and 26 minutes of screen time.

Hmm. Interesting. I used my camera today and my battery has been pretty stable/normal.

Its apparently pretty hit and miss on who it affects. They've had reports of it across numerous devices, but the majority have been n5 users. I just recently started experiencing it. Thanks to Franco's kernel and xposed modules I'm now getting 15-20 hours with 4-5 hours of screen time. I'm quite impressed by this phone, especially the battery and the build quality.

If I remember right the KOT49H build was like November 18th and 4.4.2 was release around December 10th. So if its roughly 3 weeks again hopefully we should have the update before the end of the month. I definitely want the update to come out before April 1st for obvious reasons :-)

• Like 1