Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Guest kamiller42

hey guys im running the latest bet for tasker (4.3) and cell near state isn't even an option...anyone know the fix?

Thanks

The latest beta works. You can't just load the latest version and profiles start working. Make sure you add some LTE id's to your watch list if you have LTE in your area. Click the magnifying glass in the context to see recent ones.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The latest beta works. You can't just load the latest version and profiles start working. Make sure you add some LTE id's to your watch list if you have LTE in your area. Click the magnifying glass in the context to see recent ones.

Thanks, I left it on scan for a while, but after I installed secure settings and enabled that then it started working

Tasker is awesome

are you streaming on LTE or evdo?

Both actually, it depends on if I'm out somewhere or just at home. It actually seems to do it more when I'm on evdo

Random question, has anyone else noticed a random on and off delay of texts while streaming music (I use Pandora) on the .15 baseband? Normally it drops and picks up like a charm but occasionally it likes to just stop allowing texts to be sent.

Yes, this is a known issue with .15 it ignores ecsfb compatibility where the newer basebands will fall back to 3g. Where there are tower ecsfb problems, you will not get texts or calls because you wont have 1x paging working.

It has nothing to do with streaming pandora, it has everything to do with ecsfb issues.

• Like 2

Yes, this is a known issue with .15 it ignores ecsfb compatibility where the newer basebands will fall back to 3g. Where there are tower ecsfb problems, you will not get texts or calls because you wont have 1x paging working.

It has nothing to do with streaming pandora, it has everything to do with ecsfb issues.

Ecsfb wouldn't be an issue if I'm on evdo, would it(and I am 99% of the time this happens). Or if it is why does it really only seem to occur during non peak hours?

Oh I flashed the .17baseband last night to check, it did the exact same thing to me that was happening on .15:/

Oh I flashed the .17baseband last night to check, it did the exact same thing to me that was happening on .15:/

Are you using the Hangout or default messaging? I use hangout a lot and I have delays a lot of times on my messages that could be up to 30 minutes late and I'm on the LG G2.

Are you using the Hangout or default messaging? I use hangout a lot and I have delays a lot of times on my messages that could be up to 30 minutes late and I'm on the LG G2.

Nope, I hoped ship to textra the day after(I think) I got my n5. Its just so much better than hangouts.

• Like 1

Ecsfb wouldn't be an issue if I'm on evdo, would it(and I am 99% of the time this happens). Or if it is why does it really only seem to occur during non peak hours?

Does it only happen while you are streaming Pandora?

Does it only happen while you are streaming Pandora?

No it happens other times, sometimes its just after sitting there texting on and off for a bit. Then randomly it's no more sending texts for you:P. It just seems to happen the most(let's say 80ish% of the time) while streaming Pandora.

Strange, no I would not expect to have delays while on evdo, at least I would not expect them to be ecsfb related then.

Perhaps also it was just another example of network upgrades and/or outages affecting the network in your area.

Strange, no I would not expect to have delays while on evdo, at least I would not expect them to be ecsfb related then.

Perhaps also it was just another example of network upgrades and/or outages affecting the network in your area.

Well I haven't really kept a quality record of incidences, but thinking about it now Im pretty sure its gotten more frequent recently. Maybe my tiny area is finally getting worked on!^_^

No it happens other times, sometimes its just after sitting there texting on and off for a bit. Then randomly it's no more sending texts for you:P. It just seems to happen the most(let's say 80ish% of the time) while streaming Pandora.

I see far more delays in texting while on 1x/evdo than I do while on LTE. On LTE they seem to send and receive instantly, while on 1x, they take much longer.

Because the N5 only has one transmission path (as do all other tri-band devices) it's possible that while you have an active data session, it's not falling back to 1x as gracefully and causing a delay in your texts.

• Like 2

Looks like Google confirmed a fix for the camera battery drain bug. Hopefully the update for it is soon and includes spark functionality.

http://phandroid.com/2014/03/04/android-4-4-2-camera-bug-officially-acknowledged-by-google-fix-arriving-in-a-future-android-update/

Hopefully. I wish it's by the end of the week. 

I see far more delays in texting while on 1x/evdo than I do while on LTE. On LTE they seem to send and receive instantly, while on 1x, they take much longer.

Because the N5 only has one transmission path (as do all other tri-band devices) it's possible that while you have an active data session, it's not falling back to 1x as gracefully and causing a delay in your texts.

This is usually while things are done loading(so not an active data session), I can even close out every single app other than Textra and they still don't send until I toggle airplane mode. Oh and I do receive my texts on time, I just can't send texts(so that's why I didn't jump right to calling it ecsfb issues).

This is usually while things are done loading(so not an active data session), I can even close out every single app other than Textra and they still don't send until I toggle airplane mode. Oh and I do receive my texts on time, I just can't send texts(so that's why I didn't jump right to calling it ecsfb issues).

Weird. Not sure what would be causing that problem.

Weird. Not sure what would be causing that problem.

Now you see my confusion:P. I've even gone to a backup before I started using exposed modules, still had the issues. I guess I'll just put it down as weird tower issues/my n5 is derpy.

This is usually while things are done loading(so not an active data session), I can even close out every single app other than Textra and they still don't send until I toggle airplane mode. Oh and I do receive my texts on time, I just can't send texts(so that's why I didn't jump right to calling it ecsfb issues).Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Next time the issue comes up try making an outbound call, I have it happen a few times and making a call somehow sends the text for me.

Next time the issue comes up try making an outbound call, I have it happen a few times and making a call somehow sends the text for me.

Thanks I'll make sure to try that. Airplane toggles work too(in case you don't have a need for data and don't need to make a call :P).

Thanks I'll make sure to try that. Airplane toggles work too(in case you don't have a need for data and don't need to make a call :P).Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I even had similar issues on my s4, and on /off of an airave

Hi guys, I'm little frustrated because I'm having a hard time getting the right info about sprint and N5. So I have a couple of questions you may be able to answer and a major one for CM so I will start with that.

1. On my Galaxy S3 if I installed CM the handoff between 3g and 4g was slow, my understanding is that there is a proprietary software on samsung phones that handles that thus never really cracked so unless you use TW rom you will have to deal with that issue. My question is is that really the case or will I have the same issue with my N5 on sprint when i install CM?

2. I understand sprint has an update for the N5 that presumably updates the radio/firmware, i'm guessing i will be able to then switch to att or something when needed and have new software/firmware installed?

3. Because sprint will download some crap to my phone can i have it rooted prior to that download to install CM or will it reject the update?

Got my phone today ideally i would like to root and install CM or Xposed and then activate the phone on sprint network will this be a problem

If you can always receive texts, but you sometimes can't send texts, have you tried looking into your textra settings to see if something is messing with your outbound sms/mms? I'm just throwing another idea into the mix since I've never heard of these issues before.

If you can always receive texts, but you sometimes can't send texts, have you tried looking into your textra settings to see if something is messing with your outbound sms/mms? I'm just throwing another idea into the mix since I've never heard of these issues before.

Yeah I have, I even deleted textra and tried a few other texting apps(one by one) and it still happened:/.

Hi guys, I'm little frustrated because I'm having a hard time getting the right info about sprint and N5. So I have a couple of questions you may be able to answer and a major one for CM so I will start with that.

1. On my Galaxy S3 if I installed CM the handoff between 3g and 4g was slow, my understanding is that there is a proprietary software on samsung phones that handles that thus never really cracked so unless you use TW rom you will have to deal with that issue. My question is is that really the case or will I have the same issue with my N5 on sprint when i install CM?

2. I understand sprint has an update for the N5 that presumably updates the radio/firmware, i'm guessing i will be able to then switch to att or something when needed and have new software/firmware installed?

3. Because sprint will download some crap to my phone can i have it rooted prior to that download to install CM or will it reject the update?

Got my phone today ideally i would like to root and install CM or Xposed and then activate the phone on sprint network will this be a problem

1.  I have never heard of this issue before.  I'm not sure why you would want CM on an N5.  But I'll let someone else try to answer this question for you.

2.  You can take a Google Play purchased N5 to AT&T or Tmo now.  No update required.  The coming update is to enable Sprint's Band 41 on it.  The device is fully unlocked now.  And even a Sprint purchased N5 should allow you to put in a Sprint card from another provider in it and it should work.  But it won't alleviate you from having to satisfy your Sprint contract for the device, should there be one remaining.  However, you cannot take a Tmo purchased N5 and activate it on Sprint.  I blame Legere for that one.  Because I like to blame him.

3.  The Nexus 5 comes with no Sprint bloatware, whatsoever.  No matter if you buy it from Sprint or Google.

Robert

• Like 4