4/29 -Hear It For Yourself- Sprint Event

xdfgf

There has been speculation over the 4/29 Sprint event named "Hear It For Yourself" that it will be the official launch of HD Voice service on the network. There may be other topics discussed such as WiFi calling and VoLTE roadmap discussion etc. 

Recode is reporting that Spotify and Sprint will announce a partnership supporting carrier billing and possibly discounts for premium Spotify service. 

A planned tie-up between the two companies, similar to one already under way with AT&T and Beats Music, will feature free Spotify trials for Sprint customers and will give them the ability to pay for the service using the carrier’s billing system, according to people familiar with the plan. Some Sprint customers may also qualify for discounts on Spotify’s premium service, which costs $9.99 a month.

Sprint plans on announcing the deal at an event in New York City on April 29, sources say. The deal will require approval from the music labels that license their music to Spotify, so it’s possible that the pact could be delayed.

http://recode.net/2014/04/11/sprint-and-spotify-plan-to-partner-up/

• Like 3

I'm a Spotify Premium subscriber -- I love the service, and happily pay the $10/mo. Now, if there's a discount for being in a Framily plan, that's just icing on the cake.

Framily is saving me truckloads of money on services I use every day. Thank you, Sprint.

• Like 3

There has been speculation over the 4/29 Sprint even named "Hear It For Yourself" that it will be the official launch of HD Voice service on the network. There may be other topics discussed such as WiFi calling and VoLTE roadmap discussion etc.

Recode is reporting that Spotify and Sprint will announce a partnership supporting carrier billing and possibly discounts for premium Spotify service.

http://recode.net/2014/04/11/sprint-and-spotify-plan-to-partner-up/

I would love to see a deal where a Spotify subscription paid for through Sprint doesn't count toward a user's monthly data cap. I would bet that streaming audio accounts for a high portion of mobile data usage.

I could probably fit my data usage into Framily's 1GB allotment if they did that.

I would love to see a deal where a Spotify subscription paid for through Sprint doesn't count toward a user's monthly data cap. I would bet that streaming audio accounts for a high portion of mobile data usage.

I could probably fit my data usage into Framily's 1GB allotment if they did that.

The net-neutrality crowd would have a field day with that arrangement.

• Like 2

Hopefully by the end of summer all of Sprints customers will be able to stream music. I sure can't and I'm in a launched market.

What device? Profile says iPhone 4s, can't remember if you've posted it elsewhere.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I phone 4s. I can get I tunes radio, pandora, etc fine at my work in Carlsbad, CA but streaming is nearly impossible in Oceanside, CA and definitely not while mobile.

This is probably not the answer you were looking for, but if you upgrade to an LTE phone, you'll find the network to be pretty good down there. 

Of course, you are probably being smart and waiting for the iPhone 6 and its likely tri-band radio...in which case, I hope it comes out soon for ya.

• Like 1

I phone 4s. I can get I tunes radio, pandora, etc fine at my work in Carlsbad, CA but streaming is nearly impossible in Oceanside, CA and definitely not while mobile.

I would say that is is probably because you're using an iPhone 4s, and not using the LTE network which would let stream music while mobile...

I hope we get more than HD Voice and this rumored spotify partnership from this event. Hopefully sprint announces a handful of new spark markets, network progress, cheaper plans etc

*crossing my fingers*

I am too

I hope we get more than HD Voice and this rumored spotify partnership from this event. Hopefully sprint announces a handful of new spark markets, network progress, cheaper plans etc

*crossing my fingers*

I'm not sure we'll get additional cheaper plans. It seems like Sprint has a singular focus on pushing Framily, and from what I gather, it seems to be working out ok for them so far. You may get some simplified pricing on individual plans, but I'm sure the path to multi-line goes through Framily.

I would love to see more Spark markets, though. :)

*crossing my fingers*

I agree. A spotify partnership and HD Voice launch seems like it would be a pretty thin announcement. Maybe some bluetooth speakers and assorted trinkets too? I'm personally hoping for some WiFi calling announcements

I would say that is is probably because you're using an iPhone 4s, and not using the LTE network which would let stream music while mobile...

well I also have an iPad mini LTE and it's the same story. This is an Alcatel Lucent market so 4g comes after 3G and only 1/3 of the sites have been upgraded around here.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.androidcentral.com/heres-how-sprint-can-save-you-money-spotify

Sprint today as part of its announcement of the exclusive Harman/Kardon edition of the HTC One M8 also announced a new deal for Spotify subscriptions. All new and existing postpaid (ie not pre-paid) Sprint customers will get six free months of Spotify Premium, if you're on a "Framily" plan. You'll need to have an Android smartphone, iPhone or a Windows Phone (8 or 8.1) device.[/color]

And after the initial six months, you'll get a discount on your Spotify subscription, which varies depending on your level of Framliness.

Here's the deal.

Framily (1-5 people) 6 months free and then $7.99/mo. After 18 months, customers will pay full $9.99/mo.

Framily (6-10 people) 6 months free and then $4.99/mo.After 18 months, customers will pay full $9.99/mo.

Non-Framily customers 3 months free and then $9.99/mo. (must opt-out)

And that's it. The whole thing starts this Friday, May 2.

Sucks cause no break after the 3 months. But we still get 3 months free. Its a great service. so saves 30 bucks

http://www.androidcentral.com/heres-how-sprint-can-save-you-money-spotify

Non-Framily customers 3 months free and then $9.99/mo. (must opt-out)

So no framily no fun. Thanks Sprint.

Sent from my HTC M8

I don't understand this must opt-out nonsense. So I'm not on a framily plan and if I sit around and do nothing they're going to charge me 10 dollars per line for spotify if i don't opt-out? That's insanity.

I think that means if you sign up for the Spotify account, you have to opt out after 3 months or you end up getting charged $10. I don't think it automatically signs you up, that would be bad.

Can it be applied if we are already Spotify subscribers? 3 months free is better than nothing :)

I really hope so. The press release says all existing and new post-paid customers are eligible. 

I wonder if we have to tie it into carrier billing instead though. 

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-enhances-framily-offer-with-unrivaled-sound-experience-on-exclusive-handset-exclusive-music-offerings-free-spotify.htm

Sprint treats Framily members to six months’ free Spotify Premium

As an added music bonus, Sprint will offer six months free of Spotify Premium for all new and existing postpaid Sprint customers (excluding Corporate Liable) who are on a Sprint Framily plan and have an Android smartphone, iPhone, Windows 8/8.1 smartphone, including the groundbreaking HTC One (M8) Harman Kardon edition. Customers not on a Framily plan can enjoy Spotify free for three months.

For Framily members there’s one more bonus: after six months of free Spotify Premium, members pay a monthly promotional price of $7.99 (1-5 users) or $4.99 (6-10 users) for 18 months, depending on the number of Spotify Premium users in their Framily. After 24 months customers pay the standard Spotify price (currently $9.99 per month).

Effective May 2, 2014, Sprint will partner with Spotify to launch 3- and 6-month free trials for all postpaid customers. It will launch in all channels on all compatible Sprint postpaid devices.

I don't understand this must opt-out nonsense. So I'm not on a framily plan and if I sit around and do nothing they're going to charge me 10 dollars per line for spotify if i don't opt-out? That's insanity.

More than likely you its only after you sign up for the free trial.