HTC One M8 User Thread

themuffinman

Well got my new phone and it worked fine (3g) for 30 mins the dropped, went to a corporate store and the guy and I were talking and I told him that I just got this phone replaced and a new SIM card and handed him the card a SIM comes on and guess what they were two different numbers. He put the right one in and the phone works flawles. Not sure if it was phone or the SIM was not correct but it's fixed now.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

I don't know how to explain it but I think I resolved my issues with losing data and missing calls by flashing PRL 56018.  Does that PRL completely omit the 800 and 2600 LTE channels?

No. PRLs do not have any effect on LTE, other than on/off for a geographic region. You have to manually enable/disable LTE bands in the DATA menu. If you manage to find a PRL that turns off LTE scans, it will turn off ALL LTE.

No. PRLs do not have any effect on LTE, other than on/off for a geographic region. You have to manually enable/disable LTE bands in the DATA menu. If you manage to find a PRL that turns off LTE scans, it will turn off ALL LTE.

That's interesting. I wonder if Sprint deployed a software fix around the same time I flashed the PRL. My connection has remained good since yesterday. Previously couldn't make it more than a couple hours without a reboot.

I've noticed in comparison to my G2 that my M8 tends to hold LTE and 1x1900 in places the G2 did not. So far very impressed with the phone. Call quality is FAR FAR better than the G2. Battery life is a tad bit less in my experience however very, very acceptable.

With the G2 I often got "unable to establish a wireless data connection" multiple times each day. Only happened in 3G only NV areas so I'm guessing that will be fixed when they finish those sites. I have not received this error with the M8 though.

If anyone is curious I can get specifics on the signal levels just haven't had the time yet.

Until there's LTE roaming between providers, there won't be a need for Preferred Roaming List (PRL).

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk.

Until there's LTE roaming between providers, there won't be a need for Preferred Roaming List (PRL).

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk.

Even if there was LTE roaming, the PRL won't be able to tell your device what LTE signal to connect to. It just enables/disables the LTE scanning function. The network fully controls your LTE connections once your devices scans and sees an LTE signal. 

Exchanged my "gold" for a gunmetal one yesterday because I had the LTE SIM error happening a few times per day.  This new phone is same hardware version, but works 100 times better.  Signal is much better on B25 as well.  Still not as good as an S3 side by side, but when its not side by side the S3, the numbers match up.  Almost a little odd, its like the S3 steals signal from the M8.  Weird.

Anyway, I am happy with exchanging it. Worked out for the best.

• Like 3

Well it won't stay connected to either lte or 3g even voice drops constantly, I'm leaning towards I have a defective phone. Anything Hunan made can break even if assisted by robots, not every product has a 0% fail rate going down the line. I'm getting it tomorrow I'll keep y'all posted on what happens.

Sent from my HTC One M8

I was amazed that the Sprint rep told you that the GPS had something to do with your data signal.

I was amazed that the Sprint rep told you that the GPS had something to do with your data signal.

Yeah after I got my replacement M8 he said to use GPS so the towers know how far you are from them, after we fixed the wrong SIM card number in the phone to the right on it worked fine. So far so good, don't know if I just had a defective radio in my old M8 or it was the wrong SIM number, either way it works now.

My replacement is arriving this Monday or Tuesday. The rep told me that my device likely has a defective radio. In an area where some phones had 4G mine was sitting on 1x and even going down to no signal and the reacquiring the signal again.

I picked up a Dot View case today at my local Sprint store. I'm trying it for a few days before I decide whether I want to keep it. The Commuter case I had on the phone since purchasing it was too clunky and made the phone massive. I've also ordered an Otterbox Symmetry case to see how it compares to the Commuter. They claim to be thinner, but I have yet to see one in person anywhere.

Random question: can anyone provide a picture of the branding on the front and back of the device? I want to see how bad it is before I consider buying and just can't find a photo online.

This isn't a photo that I took but the Sprint M8 literally looks just like this. There is no additional branding whatsoever if that's what you're wondering. I think Verizon is the only carrier that went haywire with placing their logos on it. You can rest easy.

HTC_One_M8_Image_From_Leaked_German_Vide

Well twice today I was going to show some pics and videos I had on my sd card and it said that if unexpectedly dismounted. I don't know if it's the phone or the card :/ my luck I guess.

Sent from my HTC One M8

Is it a new card or one you used on a previous device?

Had it in a Droid X2 then a Note 2 now in my M8. Kinda thinking its a card issue. Formatted before use in my M8 as I did my other phones.

Sent from my HTC One M8

Did you format it in the m8?

Yes sir did in both of them. I'll give that a try again.

Sent from my HTC One M8

What size card is it and what brand is it?

I've noticed in comparison to my G2 that my M8 tends to hold LTE and 1x1900 in places the G2 did not. So far very impressed with the phone. Call quality is FAR FAR better than the G2. Battery life is a tad bit less in my experience however very, very acceptable.

With the G2 I often got "unable to establish a wireless data connection" multiple times each day. Only happened in 3G only NV areas so I'm guessing that will be fixed when they finish those sites. I have not received this error with the M8 though.

If anyone is curious I can get specifics on the signal levels just haven't had the time yet.

I would be interested in a bit more of an in depth RF comparison with the G2. I have been thinking about using my easypay upgrade and the M8 appeals to me a lot more than the S5. At the same time, besides the RF performance, I still love my G2.

SanDisk 32gb class ten ( red and grey can't remember what it is off head)

Sent from my HTC One M8

I been having issues with a samsung 64gb class 10 and a sandisk 64gb class 10 and I thought it was my m8 but after running a few tests on the cards it turned out that both cards were fake. 

I been having issues with a samsung 64gb class 10 and a sandisk 64gb class 10 and I thought it was my m8 but after running a few tests on the cards it turned out that both cards were fake.

Oh I know mines real bought from Amazon about 2 years ago, think u might format it again and see if that helps if not ill throw a spare 16gb class 4 in and see if it dose the same.

Sent from my HTC One M8

I am getting a replacement M8. It's coming Monday or Tuesday. One of my friends in Google+ who happens to work at Sprint told me that by turning off Band 26/41 using his MSL, he was able to get the phone working perfectly. Meaning that either the network is the problem or maybe a software update is needed to stop the phone from turning off the radios at random.