HTC One M8 User Thread

themuffinman

So while flipping through channels last night I caught a bit of the 24 rebirth show. It was sprint sponsored and the phones used that I saw were m8's, including the new HK m8 I believe. Its nice to see sprint promoting a great lesser known phone and their new network in ways other than standard commercials. Did anyone else see it? I was curious if the m8 looks pretty much like that in real life, it was quite appealing.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

So while flipping through channels last night I caught a bit of the 24 rebirth show. It was sprint sponsored and the phones used that I saw were m8's, including the new HK m8 I believe. Its nice to see sprint promoting a great lesser known phone and their new network in ways other than standard commercials. Did anyone else see it? I was curious if the m8 looks pretty much like that in real life, it was quite appealing.

It is a sexy phone, not gonna lie.

24 always had the latest and sometimes coming soon phones for Sprint/Nextel. Can't remember which one, maybe the Evo, but one of them was shown a lot before release

Sent from my HTC M8

• Like 1

I'm seeing HTC a lot more on television than last year which is very promising. And I'm also glad to see Sprint heavily advertising HTC's products too. Last year, it seemed like AT&T advertised HTC's products the most through shows like Vampire Diaries and such.

I am trying to figure if there is an app to disable the call end beep.  This is very annoying to me, especially on speaker.

I would love to find a way for the phone to beep when the call is connected after putting it up to your ear to answer. Maybe i have just missed it though. I always give it a few seconds just to make sure the call is connected before speaking. I know it stops ringing, but it would be great to actually know the call is connected.

From what I could tell from that episode, I saw several m7's and iphone 5s's but I didn't see anything else that looked like an m8.  Now there was that one scene where Bauer gave that a girl he was helping escape a phone and that device kinda looked like an m8 but it was tough to tell.  It did have that gunmetal color and it also had that rounded edge like on the m8 but they never showed the back or the front of that particular device.

From what I could tell from that episode, I saw several m7's and iphone 5s's but I didn't see anything else that looked like an m8. Now there was that one scene where Bauer gave that a girl he was helping escape a phone and that device kinda looked like an m8 but it was tough to tell. It did have that gunmetal color and it also had that rounded edge like on the m8 but they never showed the back or the front of that particular device.

It definitely might have been the m7. They kinda look the same to me(no first hand experience lol). Either way the branding/adds was a win win for HTC and Sprint.

From what I could tell from that episode, I saw several m7's and iphone 5s's but I didn't see anything else that looked like an m8.  Now there was that one scene where Bauer gave that a girl he was helping escape a phone and that device kinda looked like an m8 but it was tough to tell.  It did have that gunmetal color and it also had that rounded edge like on the m8 but they never showed the back or the front of that particular device.

I am just happy that 24 and Sprint continued their relationship. Hint, sprint is all over the original 24 series.

I haven't had a chance to play with an m8 in real life, so maybe you all can answer this question: does this phone have a built-in "do not disturb" or "sleep" toggle like the iPhone and the g2?

I haven't had a chance to play with an m8 in real life, so maybe you all can answer this question: does this phone have a built-in "do not disturb" or "sleep" toggle like the iPhone and the g2?

Yes

• Like 1

Anyone else think the ear piece volume is kinda low during calls? I was in cabelas and could hardly hear the other person on the phone but they heard me fine.

Sent from my HTC One M8

I noticed that occasionally it could be somewhat low but that probably happens 1 in 50 calls for me personally so I figure its on the network side.

I noticed that occasionally it could be somewhat low but that probably happens 1 in 50 calls for me personally so I figure its on the network side.

I remember my G2 was loud after the KK update. Also I can't find anything in calls about adjusting it for loud environments like a store etc.

Sent from my HTC One M8

I remember my G2 was loud after the KK update. Also I can't find anything in calls about adjusting it for loud environments like a store etc.

Sent from my HTC One M8

Anyone else think the ear piece volume is kinda low during calls? I was in cabelas and could hardly hear the other person on the phone but they heard me fine.

Sent from my HTC One M8

I noticed that it handles loud environments well. I work at an airport and often get lots of engine noise. When I am on a call and noise comes up, the earpiece compensates very well. Best ever. But when it's quiet or just a little loud, it sucks. Wish I could turn it up when it's lower ambient noise.

I shouldn't hear my calls better next to a jet engine than I do with my TV on normal volume.

Sent from my HTC M8

Is there any way to disable certain bands on the m8? It seems the ##33284# code lets you do that on the GS5 but doesn't seem to let you do that on the m8. Is there a different method for doing this or is it impossible with the M8?

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

My M8 is connecting fine to Band 25, but when it connects to Band 26 it hangs for about 15 seconds, then reverts to 3G. Anyone else seeing this behavior on theirs? This is a new behavior for mine, just started over the weekend.

My M8 is connecting fine to Band 25, but when it connects to Band 26 it hangs for about 15 seconds, then reverts to 3G. Anyone else seeing this behavior on theirs? This is a new behavior for mine, just started over the weekend.

Mine stays on Band 26 fine here in NYC.

Hey everyone.  First time poster, but i have been reading the forums for awhile.  I have been able to get answers to most of my questions just by lurking around, but I haven't seen anything on the problem I'm having with the extreme power saving mode.  It just doesn't seem to make any difference for me.  It turns on automatically at 10%, but my battery still dies within an hour.  It seems that it might actually be draining faster in the power saving mode.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I have tasker running on my phone, but I assume it's killed when it enters the mode.  That's the only possible explanation I can come up with.  I also have trouble receiving calls, but from what I have read, this could just be an issue while the tower is being upgraded.  Not sure if they are related.  Any help would be appreciated.

For those experiencing low ear piece volume while on a call, just change the angle that you hold the device. It sounds silly, but it makes a big difference. The earpiece speaker just isn't located where the speaker grill makes you think it is. It's weird.

Anyway, I'm also having problems with my M8. My first device worked well for about 12 days. Good LTE speeds, good call quality, it was a good device. Then it stopped doing data so I called Sprint tech support and told me towers were being optimized but it should work out fine in a couple of days. They suggested switching to CMDA only. CDMA data also started being affected, and then voice capability just died. It was a shiny pretty brick.

I took the M8 to a store where they refused to help me because it was past the 14-day return window and I didn't have insurance. Well, I returned home, added insurance and returned to the store 2 days later. They determined it was defective and gave me a new one (after giving me a speech how they shouldn't do that but I lucked out they didn't have refurbished M8 - seriously Sprint? I just bought a phone, it doesn't work, and you feel the need to hand out a speech when giving me a replacement?). Well, this new M8 can do voice great, but it can't do data. Whether in LTE/CDMA or CDMA only mode, it just won't stay hooked up to data. In fact, I sought out help from Sprint.com chat for that (as I lacked another phone to use to call them) and they told me to do ##SCRTN# to reset it and after that it became a full brick since the device would not connect to data to reactivate. I had to borrow a phone to call them, explained to service what happened and they made me input ##311114#. That's kind of like a manual, data-less activation. Then it worked... for voice. It's still not doing data. And because the device worked at first, I didn't return it during the 14-day window. I feel like they pulled a bait and switch on me...

For those experiencing low ear piece volume while on a call, just change the angle that you hold the device. It sounds silly, but it makes a big difference. The earpiece speaker just isn't located where the speaker grill makes you think it is. It's weird.

Anyway, I'm also having problems with my M8. My first device worked well for about 12 days. Good LTE speeds, good call quality, it was a good device. Then it stopped doing data so I called Sprint tech support and told me towers were being optimized but it should work out fine in a couple of days. They suggested switching to CMDA only. CDMA data also started being affected, and then voice capability just died. It was a shiny pretty brick.

I took the M8 to a store where they refused to help me because it was past the 14-day return window and I didn't have insurance. Well, I returned home, added insurance and returned to the store 2 days later. They determined it was defective and gave me a new one (after giving me a speech how they shouldn't do that but I lucked out they didn't have refurbished M8 - seriously Sprint? I just bought a phone, it doesn't work, and you feel the need to hand out a speech when giving me a replacement?). Well, this new M8 can do voice great, but it can't do data. Whether in LTE/CDMA or CDMA only mode, it just won't stay hooked up to data. In fact, I sought out help from Sprint.com chat for that (as I lacked another phone to use to call them) and they told me to do ##SCRTN# to reset it and after that it became a full brick since the device would not connect to data to reactivate. I had to borrow a phone to call them, explained to service what happened and they made me input ##311114#. That's kind of like a manual, data-less activation. Then it worked... for voice. It's still not doing data. And because the device worked at first, I didn't return it during the 14-day window. I feel like they pulled a bait and switch on me...

Did you reuse the Sim from your previous m8? Did they disconnect the Sim from the previous device and activate it for the new one?